• Knicks = Championship team, FagNets = 1st round Exit

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Beyonce could still get it

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I am not gonna talk about the negatives, we won like kings do tonight.

We had our worst beginning of a game this season, almost 17 points deficit, then we came back huge, that's a plus for our guys' mentality.

45 f u c k i n g points for melo, on 62% shooting... this is madness, melo went #beastmode.. is that his knicks high? it's certainly his best knicks game yet.

I love kidd, he's just awesome, what a pick by the knicks.. he is the best new comer in the entire NBA this season... i want his jersey up there in MSG by the end of his career (preferably with 2 rings for the knicks, this season and the next).

JR's energy in the middle of our comeback was huge as well.

game of the year for the whole NBA this season.

now, lets laugh at that stupid chant in Barclays center lol

MELO'S BACKYARD:

barclays-center.jpeg

Wargames

Starter
Knicks played amazing and Jason Kidd is OD clutch. Thank you Cuban for being an idiot and letting him and Chandler walk.

Also Melo is playing MVP level basketball.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Q: Do you know what's even more impressive than Kidd's 4-points play in clutch time?

A: During a post-game interview with Kidd, he said that he was mad at himself for not making the free throw. Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a player with the heart of a champion.

hi-res-6793122_crop_exact.jpg

Jason Kidd.. a player, a leader and a ball master.
All hail the master.

finestrg

Rotation player
Great comeback win...Had a feeling the Nets would cough up the big lead. It was just too early, too much game to be played. We got our act together and pulled out one hell of a win man.

What can you say about Melo -- unbelieveable...And I thought he was kinda babying that left hand a little too. One of the best games he's had as a Knick. Dominant.

Gotta make sure JR's back is OK. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he's ready to go Thurs against the Lakers. And it was nice to see Smith finally get his touch back tonight. Out there knocking down shots consistently for a change instead of firing up bricks... If he can't go, I'd expect Flight to get some PT Thurs. This team is old but man are we deep. God forbid JR is out for awhile (didn't get that impression but you never know how he's gonna feel tomorrow), Chris Douglas-Roberts has been ripping up the D-League and is only a phone call away. Just sayin'..Nice move by the Cavs calling up PF Kevin Jones btw. Hasn't gotten any real playing time yet but I think that kid can play. Another guy that was ripping the DL up recently...I wish we had a young hungry PF with talent like that instead of Kurt Thomas, although I gotta give Kurt some credit -- he didn't play tonight but he's looked decent playing pick & pop & knocking down some mid-range Js in limited mins. the last couple of games.

Out on a limb -- Kidd wins the 3-pt shootout on all-star weekend. I think his shot is perfect for that event. His 3-pt shot has been straight up water! What an potent, underrated weapon he's been. Forget the shooting for a sec....he's just so damn smart & savvy out there and the calmness & maturity he brings is incredible.

Starks

Starter
Wow this was easily one the most entertaining games all decade. Just imagine how much crazier this rivalry will be if Amare actually gets traded to BK? Probably won't happen but that's all bill Simmons and Steve Kerr ever talk about when speaking about the Knicks

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wow this was easily one the most entertaining games all decade. Just imagine how much crazier this rivalry will be if Amare actually gets traded to BK? Probably won't happen but that's all bill Simmons and Steve Kerr ever talk about when speaking about the Knicks

Is that right? I've heard nothing of that.

Kiyaman

Legend
This game win makes me happy we got rid of our 4 season losing problem Celebrity coach Damnphoney

Lakers loss to Cavs tonite .. Damnphoney future in LA will be abrupt

TakMan

Rotation player
Tyson Chandler game winning tip for Kidd's game winning 3 pointer. Need I say more?

This isn't much to go by. If Chandler plays at even 50% defensive intensity, there is no reason we even need this play to win the game. He had a terrible game from start to finish, which is the main reason this game went to the wire. He's been impressive of late, but he slipped back to his early season self last night. Woodson needs to call him out when he's playing like this during the game, and if he doesn't respond, he should be benched. Wallace had a much better game, grabbing two fewer rebounds, making two more blocks and scoring three more points, having played fewer than half of Chandler's minutes. Chandler's allowed a bad game, but he should be wary of slipping back into his lacklustre ways.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't know what you can't understand about the fact that he cannot be aggressive when the other team has such a large rotation of bigs that they can throw at him.

He wasn't playing badly at all, sure he let some inside buckets go because the chance of him stopping them vs the chance of getting a foul just wasn't worth going for. Doesn't make him lazy or lacking effort, he's playing smart.

Nets only had +2 rebounds and were -3 offensive rebounds. Knicks only allowed 7 offensive rebounds in the game.

This was a road game against a good team, you gameplan to be in the game at the end.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Just finished watching this game on league pass. Fantastic game. Melo was immense and Kidds three point shot was epic.

This victory made better by the Lakers losing to the Cavs.

KBlack25

Starter
Melo was immense in this game. But what I continue to like most is the unselfishness.

Everyone seems to have in mind to get the ball to the person with the best shot. Last year all of our guys - Melo, JR especially, settled for mid-range Js with a hand up. This year Melo and JR are much more unselfish and willing to make that extra pass. We are forcing much fewer shots.

TakMan

Rotation player
I don't know what you can't understand about the fact that he cannot be aggressive when the other team has such a large rotation of bigs that they can throw at him.

He wasn't playing badly at all, sure he let some inside buckets go because the chance of him stopping them vs the chance of getting a foul just wasn't worth going for. Doesn't make him lazy or lacking effort, he's playing smart.

Nets only had +2 rebounds and were -3 offensive rebounds. Knicks only allowed 7 offensive rebounds in the game.

This was a road game against a good team, you gameplan to be in the game at the end.

The reason the Nets didn't rebound us out of the court is because they were scoring the majority of their attempts from within the 3pt line, with a vast majority coming from the paint. I like Chandler. He can turn us into an elite defensive team, but no one can claim that was a good performance by him. It's not smart to not challenge players under the paint. I'm not saying it's lazy, just saying it serves no purpose. He ended the game with 4 PF. He could have picked up the intensity in the fourth. He didn't really. The reason more people aren't slagging him off over yesterday's performance is that we won this game. If this issue is not addressed, we will lose more games when playing against above average teams who like to attack the paint. We were lucky it was only the Nets.

Just to add. Chandler has been immense of late. Prior to that he was defending as he did last night. Just firing a warning shot as thus far this season he has shown that we can expect the best and the worst out of him. We need to demand the best.

bigapple

Starter
can some1 explain me why JVG said that 3 of Kidd should be called offensive foul ?

worst thing Tyson didnt existed in that game till end of 4th quarter

Nets again killed us on pain but they were outscored by Knicks by 19 if u wont count 1st quarter

interesting is how this game could be with Loopez in game.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks won 7 of their last 8 games .. what makes the Knicks 7 WINS so devastating?
The majority of the Knicks oponents shot 50% or better for the game, but loss to the Knicks in the final quarter.

The Knicks have been saving their best EFFORT for the 4th quarter .. Jason Kidd's 2nd-half career philosophy on his past 3 teams.

CoolClyde

can some1 explain me why JVG said that 3 of Kidd should be called offensive foul ?

yeah, that stuck in my craw too. how can you call an offensive foul when Kidd's in the middle of shooting, in mid-air?
because his leg went out in mid-shot? and then he harped on it! idk, JVG is turning retarded in his post-coaching, opinionated broadcasting career.

phenomenal win, so glad game was on ESPN, so i could watch in FLA.
league pass has sucked here, stops and starts for every game.

Jason Kidd is a fu*cking clutch shot hero. although Feltip had a poor game,
and sat out much of it due to lame foul calls, JKidd knows where to get the ball,
passing and receiving, and plays smarter than most players in the league.
CAPTAIN KIDD = CAPTAIN CLUTCH!!

Melo was unconscious. so many amazing buckets, driving, turnarounds, stop and pop. MVP performance.

2 great wins in a row with great endings. looking forward to Antoni getting booed in MSG.

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
yeah, that stuck in my craw too. how can you call an offensive foul when Kidd's in the middle of shooting, in mid-air?
because his leg went out in mid-shot? and then he harped on it! idk, JVG is turning retarded in his post-coaching, opinionated broadcasting career.

phenomenal win, so glad game was on ESPN, so i could watch in FLA.
league pass has sucked here, stops and starts for every game.

Jason Kidd is a fu*cking clutch shot hero. although Feltip had a poor game, and sat out much of it due to lame foul calls,
JKidd knows where to get the ball, passing and receiving, and plays smarter than most players in the league.
CAPTAIN KIDD = CAPTAIN CLUTCH!!

Melo was unconscious. so many amazing buckets, driving, turnarounds, stop and pop. MVP performance.

2 great wins in a row with great endings. looking forward to Antoni getting booed in MSG.

If we play half as well as this against the Lakers then we will tear them apart. Seriously, the Lakers are falling apart at the moment. I hope that Dumbphoney gets abuse the whole game.

smokes

Huge Member
The reason the Nets didn't rebound us out of the court is because they were scoring the majority of their attempts from within the 3pt line, with a vast majority coming from the paint. I like Chandler. He can turn us into an elite defensive team, but no one can claim that was a good performance by him. It's not smart to not challenge players under the paint. I'm not saying it's lazy, just saying it serves no purpose. He ended the game with 4 PF. He could have picked up the intensity in the fourth. He didn't really. The reason more people aren't slagging him off over yesterday's performance is that we won this game. If this issue is not addressed, we will lose more games when playing against above average teams who like to attack the paint. We were lucky it was only the Nets.

Just to add. Chandler has been immense of late. Prior to that he was defending as he did last night. Just firing a warning shot as thus far this season he has shown that we can expect the best and the worst out of him. We need to demand the best.

"Only the Nets" have one of the best rebounding front courts in the East.

Personally I think Tyson did a good job to stay in the game with 4 fouls so he was able to make that hustle play that essentially won us the game.