Knicks V Lakers - Thu, Dec 13 - D'antoni dares show his mo in NYC.

+ rep poll: how many dimes will Ray have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elcol

Rotation player
Believe it or not I wanna see Stat back. I believe he'll only help us if he can stay healthy. If he does f*ck up Woodson will put his ass on the bench. Amare's gonna have to make more of an effort on D to get minutes and maybe eventually start again. On the contrary I could see him putting in more of an effort on defense, but what good is it when u dont really know how to play defense? How Quickly can Woodson, Sheed, Camby, Kurt Thomas, Chandler, and Kidd help Amare improve his defensive IQ?

The knicks haven't really been locking down the past few games like they were beginning of the year holding teams to under 90. But I agree that Amare still can't be such a liability on defense or hes gonna get benched fast. This team has a different mentality and mindset though. I think that has been a huge factor for our defense and also our turnovers. We aren't satisfied with making mistakes and thats why we are closing games out strong. I believe STAT is really going to join into this mentality because we are a championship team.

KingCharles34

All Star
That's all you need these days. And don't forget Shump.

*We're going to NEED Amare to be Amare + ...If we want to be elite.

5s2e3.png

Yea Shumpert will make us closer to being an elite defensive team. We can put him on those speedy fast point guards. Stat can help us with points in the paint and offensive rebounds. Maybe he can get that mid range game going again too, he had it going good up until last year.

KingCharles34

All Star
The knicks haven't really been locking down the past few games like they were beginning of the year holding teams to under 90. But I agree that Amare still can't be such a liability on defense or hes gonna get benched fast. This team has a different mentality and mindset though. I think that has been a huge factor for our defense and also our turnovers. We aren't satisfied with making mistakes and thats why we are closing games out strong. I believe STAT is really going to join into this mentality because we are a championship team.

I really hope so bro. He can help bring us to that level. If Im Woodson Im bringing him back slowly and letting him slowly play his way into shape. Theres no need for him to start, we're doing great. Lets try to keep him healthy and i think a big part of that is having him at his best fullcourt basketball shape before making him a starter

LeFlume

All Star
@ Tina Cervacio: Woodson calls Carmelo's injury a "slight sprain... Day to day" says he "fell pretty hard." #Knicks

Wargames

Starter
ok good game. Lakers showed what kind of chitlin league level of players they are there....

but let me say this I think the knicks need to draft a pure Small Forward this year. Metta and Ebanks ability to impose their size on both Novak and Brewer shows that outside of Melo there is nobody who can consistently guard strong SF on the whole roster. If Melo playing the 4 is the future the knicks should look into drafting somebody to play alongside him and Amare this year.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
- I had an orgasm during the 1st quarter.

- Melo's 22 points quarter was more amazing than his 33 points quarter in denver.

- Melo's game tonight was sexy, i mean, did you see how smooth his shooting was? Did you see those lovely dunks?

- Tyson has a clutch gene when it comes to offensive rebounds in the 4th quarter.

-**** howard, he should have been given a flagrant for what he did to our beloved melo, we were having so much fun raping LA.

- Charles Barkley is a fat ass dude, he couldn't stop talking about his hunger, go get yourself a hot dog or something, man.

CoolClyde

man, Chuck Barfley can suck a fat di*ck. Knicks are destroying in first quarter and he's
complaining about Knicks rebounding, saying they're not a championship team. whatta load.

the trueMelo was outtasite tonite, hoping and praying he's OK.

Chandler saved game for Knicks in final minute with those offensive bounds, and he pretty much
neutralized Supermung. Sheed did well on the defensive end as well.

good to see JR in game, although he almost shot Knicks out of game in 4Q.

Felton should have more assists, the way he's distributing. Lakers were playing shack-a-chandler.
Raymond's shots are just not falling, but he's taking decent shots most of the time.
I think his shot will come around, and his assists will go up when STAT and Shumpert are back.
Have Faith in the Feltip!

Novak with clutch 3's, but he tends to get too much play if he's not getting open and shooting. can't complain.

I still want to see Copeland getting some minutes. I think Wood Son is forgetting about him.

all in all, a valiant effort keeping Lakers from getting over the hump, Kobe and Metta World Artest
can be dominant players at the right time.

good game. be wello Melo.

zwickks

Benchwarmer
Was that a fire d'antoni or a mike d'antoni chant? i was pretty sure it was a "mike" with the lakers cutting the lead to single digits..

Was definitely 'Fire Dantoni'.

Kobe's health is seriously f*cked. he plays through atleast 1 injury a game and is always in pain. WTF is wrong with DAntoni playing him right until the final buzzer.
I guarantee you next season will be Kobe's last.

I dont think Melo will miss more than 1 or 2 games

Number3

Benchwarmer
i think woodson should put Copeland as Melos back up.. the guys tall, hardworker, can create his own shot like Melo.. maybe wont go in as much but that can be developed with time.. so hell be ready for the playoffs

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
We win again in the Garden. Downloading the game now, trying not to watch any highlights lol. :gony::gony::gony:

But what happened to Melo? :(

bigapple

Starter
main factor we can still win without MELO

other such game giving reason that we need sTAT

why Copeland is not playing

we will be playing @ Lakers 25.12.12 with Nash and Gasol

look @ Hawks record

Lin is coming back to MSG

vs Cavs without Melo we know that Cavs are not Wizards they are playing like Bobcats.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
main factor we can still win without MELO

other such game giving reason that we need sTAT

why Copeland is not playing

we will be playing @ Lakers 25.12.12 with Nash and Gasol

look @ Hawks record

Lin is coming back to MSG

vs Cavs without Melo we know that Cavs are not Wizards they are playing like Bobcats.
irving is back so it will be tough without melo

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Felton Shoots Too Much

For the most part Felton's play has been terrific. We have a solid group of point guards, but Felton is by far the best penetrator. But Felton shoots too much, particularly when Melo is not on the court. It appears that he defers only to Melo. Perhaps he thinks he is the second best shooting alternative. He is not.

Felton took 26 shots last night. He made nine of them. Brewer, Chandler, Kidd, Wallace, Novak, Prigioni, and White, combined, took only 24 shots. Carmelo took 15 shots and JR 14.

Felton took 32.9 % of the 79 total shots. He was responsible for 46 % of all the misses. Felton's shooting percenatge for the year so far is 40.1%. Only Wallace at 38.8 % and JR at 39.7 % have lower shooting percentages.

By the way, Kobe took only 24 shots.

Last edited: