Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy8sNYK Top 10 Plays no longer available. All videos will be blocked forthwith.

Angry

Originally Posted by smokes
    i mean, there has to be something specific about the video you're trying to upload or your channel... I just ripped your previous top 10 and reuploaded it on my own channel with no problems:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

you're not a youtube partner right?
    No, I'm not a YouTube partner. I think it's the fact that I'm in a sense recreating the NBA's material in the form of editing the plays in order.

Vimeo is actually working fine. I messed up the first upload is why I thought it didn't work. But without paying, you can only upload 500mb/week, and my videos are between 400~430mb each. I'm not gonna pay to make the videos. F*ck that. Metacafe is reasonable, but the quality is a bit crappier, and the videos can't be embedded.

So Vimeo's out, Metacafe is a bit poo, YouTube can suck a fat one, and creating my own site to upload the videos will cost me money.

Regardless of what method I choose, it looks like the NBA will eventually catch on and block them. So because we're not allowed to be fans of the Knicks outside of their set parameters, I'm just not gonna f'ing bother anymore. It's not worth it for me to put all the effort in, only to have the videos chased down and potentially be in line for a liability suit.

I can't imagine any situation where the NBA are trying to shut down your videos! It must be something automatic on youtube that's flagging them. As I said it must be something to do with the particular video.

What network is the footage from? How long is the video?

If the highlights are from a nationally televised game it could be that youtube has recognition to see the network logo and certain network logos are automatically flagged and rejected.

I would try to contact YouTube and see if they can help answer why that particular video was rejected, when all the other ones you've uploaded have gone through fine.

Originally Posted by smokes
    I can't imagine any situation where the NBA are trying to shut down your videos! It must be something automatic on youtube that's flagging them. As I said it must be something to do with the particular video.

What network is the footage from? How long is the video?

If the highlights are from a nationally televised game it could be that youtube has recognition to see the network logo and certain network logos are automatically flagged and rejected.

I would try to contact YouTube and see if they can help answer why that particular video was rejected, when all the other ones you've uploaded have gone through fine.
    Oh man I've tried to contact them but you're just put on a repetitive loop that ends in the singular option of a phone call. More money. The most recent footage was from TNT, which previously was not an issue. So it's become apparent that I've been put on some automated watch list, and any file that corresponds to the NBA will be blocked instantly and automatically.

The chains are on, it seems, and being a mere drone I have no say in the matter. F*ck Knicks fans, anyway. What do they matter in the grand scheme of sucking money out of people?

And even still, if I made the videos exclusively for KO, and were somehow able to host them directly herein, the effort wouldn't be worth the response or the view amount. Assuming that it were possible anyway, it'd be a mere matter time before the videos were blocked by the league.

If we could have a top 10 plays schedule for individuals capable, I'd chip in. But we can't even manage to maintain a consistent GT schedule.

All considered, I give up. I'm not gonna fight for the right to entertain others at the cost of my own time, money, and legal standing.

If things remained the same, I'd keep it up for the next 2 seasons at least.

Can you upload the video that's getting blocked to a file sharing site like mediafire and I'll try to download it and upload it on my channel and see if I run into the same issue?

You did it before so presumably it'd be fine. I'll have a look at that and see how I go. Mediafire's quite a slow download though isn't it?

Max upload is 200mb. Not even half the requirement.

Use WinRAR to archive it into 199mb chunks?

Or just use my login and upload it to my youtube from your computer, I'll pm you the details if you like.

Not a bad call. I'm just trying out a wordpress page with an embed to the metacafe video. PM me, dude.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s

Anyone in the know your advice and knowledge is appreciated.
    Try dailymotion. I they have got all kinds of ripped copyright material on there. I am sure they do not mind.

youtube became copyrighttube.com

i uploaded j-melo video hd track and they blocked that on whole world due audio only

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Crazy8 > National Basketball Association Video Production crew.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Knicks Online

Where Crazy8 happens.

My goodness. How smart of a basketball player is Kidd?