Crazy8sNYK Top 10 Plays no longer available. All videos will be blocked forthwith.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Looks like that run of fun is over, boys. Vimeo won't take them either.

Damn. Was looking forward to getting every one of them done, as well.

Any alternatives do you know, lads?

Might have to start my own site, me thinks. I know literally nought about it, so any advice would be magic.

I've already made the @ Nets top 10, and it's beautiful. :wallbash:

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What happened? I see the older videos can be played with no problem, is there something different you did with the last one?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What happened? I see the older videos can be played with no problem, is there something different you did with the last one?

Nah nothing. The only thing I didn't do which I normally do is cut out the NBA logo that flashes up on replays. I'll give it another go, but it looks like making my own site will be key.

bigapple

Starter
three ways

1 use proxy during connection
2 create mirror videos logo will be in diffrent side and from the end
example not MSG or NBA TV but GSM or VT ANB

3 next account ?

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
three ways

1 use proxy during connection
2 create mirror videos logo will be in diffrent side and from the end
example not MSG or NBA TV but GSM or VT ANB

3 next account ?

This way is effective, i saw many people do it and it's fine.

------------------

Why would the NBA be upset when someone takes some of his time and make a nice video about an NBA game?

Are those NBA guys stupid? You are basically helping the NBA with these nice videos, they should be grateful..!!

Seriously, what would they gain by not letting you make your own videos using their games? They would gain nothing, they would actually lose the best Knicks videos on youtube!

This is utterly idiotic and unfair.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Damn what happened? Some kind of copyright thing or something?

I dunno man. It was an NBA special edition footage game. Maybe that's what it is, I dunno? It sucks anus, seriously. I wanted to ask you actually how and where you got your site sorted out? I think I'll do the same thing, but I wanna be able to host videos and have members be able to comment on those videos.

I'd like to throw in a forum just to see how it goes, but have literally no idea where to start, the requirements and costs, copyright for videos and so on.

Can you let me know your deal, please?

Anyone in the know your advice and knowledge is appreciated. :beer:

Starks

Starter
Crazy⑧s;258424 said:
I dunno man. It was an NBA special edition footage game. Maybe that's what it is, I dunno? It sucks anus, seriously. I wanted to ask you actually how and where you got your site sorted out? I think I'll do the same thing, but I wanna be able to host videos and have members be able to comment on those videos.

I'd like to throw in a forum just to see how it goes, but have literally no idea where to start, the requirements and costs, copyright for videos and so on.

Can you let me know your deal, please?

Anyone in the know your advice and knowledge is appreciated. :beer:
I'm gona pm you after the game

elcol

Rotation player
Crazy, you probably know this but know ads on your videos or you're in deep ****. Credit the NBA and music or w/e in the description and also post something that goes "this is not intended for copyright and is only to be used for entertainment" there is some legal phrase that a lot of basketball uploaders use and I think that helps keep the video up.
Good luck

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's over. All my videos will be blocked forthwith. The NBA can suck a ****. ****ing c*nts will only let us be fans within the capacity that they've decided. a plague on those greedy ****wits.

absolute c*nts

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;258581 said:
It's over. All my videos will be blocked forthwith. The NBA can suck a ****. ****ing c*nts will only let us be fans within the capacity that they've decided. a plague on those greedy ****wits.

absolute c*nts

How so? What's happened now?

smokes

Huge Member
Ok but have you found out from YouTube/vimeo what the problem is? Seems very strange... There's no music on this video right?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
i mean, there has to be something specific about the video you're trying to upload or your channel... I just ripped your previous top 10 and reuploaded it on my own channel with no problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnowzfhqbre&feature=youtu.be

you're not a youtube partner right?

No, I'm not a YouTube partner. I think it's the fact that I'm in a sense recreating the NBA's material in the form of editing the plays in order.

Vimeo is actually working fine. I messed up the first upload is why I thought it didn't work. But without paying, you can only upload 500mb/week, and my videos are between 400~430mb each. I'm not gonna pay to make the videos. F*ck that. Metacafe is reasonable, but the quality is a bit crappier, and the videos can't be embedded.

So Vimeo's out, Metacafe is a bit poo, YouTube can suck a fat one, and creating my own site to upload the videos will cost me money.

Regardless of what method I choose, it looks like the NBA will eventually catch on and block them. So because we're not allowed to be fans of the Knicks outside of their set parameters, I'm just not gonna f'ing bother anymore. It's not worth it for me to put all the effort in, only to have the videos chased down and potentially be in line for a liability suit.

smokes

Huge Member
I can't imagine any situation where the NBA are trying to shut down your videos! It must be something automatic on youtube that's flagging them. As I said it must be something to do with the particular video.

What network is the footage from? How long is the video?

If the highlights are from a nationally televised game it could be that youtube has recognition to see the network logo and certain network logos are automatically flagged and rejected.

I would try to contact YouTube and see if they can help answer why that particular video was rejected, when all the other ones you've uploaded have gone through fine.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I can't imagine any situation where the NBA are trying to shut down your videos! It must be something automatic on youtube that's flagging them. As I said it must be something to do with the particular video.

What network is the footage from? How long is the video?

If the highlights are from a nationally televised game it could be that youtube has recognition to see the network logo and certain network logos are automatically flagged and rejected.

I would try to contact YouTube and see if they can help answer why that particular video was rejected, when all the other ones you've uploaded have gone through fine.

Oh man I've tried to contact them but you're just put on a repetitive loop that ends in the singular option of a phone call. More money. The most recent footage was from TNT, which previously was not an issue. So it's become apparent that I've been put on some automated watch list, and any file that corresponds to the NBA will be blocked instantly and automatically.

The chains are on, it seems, and being a mere drone I have no say in the matter. F*ck Knicks fans, anyway. What do they matter in the grand scheme of sucking money out of people?

And even still, if I made the videos exclusively for KO, and were somehow able to host them directly herein, the effort wouldn't be worth the response or the view amount. Assuming that it were possible anyway, it'd be a mere matter time before the videos were blocked by the league.

If we could have a top 10 plays schedule for individuals capable, I'd chip in. But we can't even manage to maintain a consistent GT schedule.

All considered, I give up. I'm not gonna fight for the right to entertain others at the cost of my own time, money, and legal standing.

If things remained the same, I'd keep it up for the next 2 seasons at least.

smokes

Huge Member
Can you upload the video that's getting blocked to a file sharing site like mediafire and I'll try to download it and upload it on my channel and see if I run into the same issue?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You did it before so presumably it'd be fine. I'll have a look at that and see how I go. Mediafire's quite a slow download though isn't it?