Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Knicks vs Rockets Mon, Dec 17 Game Thread:

without melo who's going to be the main scoring option for this team? it has to be felton. copeland should get more opportunities but felton has to be the guy. let's not forget jr smith got into foul trouble early when he was hot. having to sit him tonight hurt. also we don't have our best perimeter defender on the court.

Superstar

This is what I was talking about when I fired a warning shot regarding Chandler's performance. He managed to guard a 33% FG D-Leaguer, in the paint, and turn him into a 50+% 20+ point player. Some people thought his performance vs Brooklyn was 'smart'. I guess when the team is winning many are oblivious to the hazard signs.

so many monday morning QB's on here. Felton's fault, Chandler's fault, Wood Son's fault.
    Novak = 1 triple. tonite was a weird nite, lots of players around the league sh*it the bed.

NY Giants got clobbered yesterday, Knicks looked terrible tonite (other than Hopeland), and the
    NY Jets are the worst team in the NFL. heartbreaking losses all around. sad time for NYers.

Rockettes have Knicks number right now, Hardon is one of the best players in the league;
    NYK did not guard the paint and Houston dominated the fast break points.

leave it to Wood Son to straighten the team out... stop pointing fingers, this home loss was inevitable,
    as much as I hate Lin now, it was good to see him do well, let's hope it's the last time that happens.

I liked how Prigger/Copeland combo sparked team, let's hope Wood Son noticed too and keeps that going.
    at least we have a bright spot to take away from this loss.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    This is what I was talking about when I fired a warning shot regarding Chandler's performance. He managed to guard a 33% FG D-Leaguer, in the paint, and turn him into a 50+% 20+ point player. Some people thought his performance vs Brooklyn was 'smart'. I guess when the team is winning many are oblivious to the hazard signs.
    SMH... You need some new material.

Lin can say anything he wants-he wanted to show the MSG fans, he still had it...not a huge deal. We lost. We couldn't hit shots (even FT's)...we move on. Hey the heat lost to the Wizards..lol

Hey some nights we can cope minus Melo, STAT, Shump and Sheed..alas this was not one of those nights.

Superstar

Originally Posted by smokes
    SMH... You need some new material.
    This wasn't a swipe aimed at yourself; and I will gladly get some new material when I see Chandler performing consistently, at the level he is capable of. Conservation of energy is ridiculous, particularly this early on. I'm sorry but I can't watch the NBA's defensive player of the year consistently underachieve without calling him out for it. Our defence in the paint has been the difference in all our losses. It's unacceptable.
    Last edited by TakMan; Dec 18, 2012 at 00:58.

Just a few comments about the game...... First, that Copeland guy is a stud. A perfect Sixth-Man, if you will. He alone has vastly improved the bench.

Aside from that, I don't recall Steve Novak missing open shots....... Could have been a different game right there alone.

J.R. Smith shoots a lot better off the dribble than off a pass. At times, he looks like a superstar, at other times, he looks like a stiff.

Since I have been watching the Rockets, the only thing they did markedly different this game was set a decent number of screens. (The only other game they did this was the other Knicks game in Houston. Don't ask me why they only do that against the Knicks.) When the Rockets can't hit the broad side of a barn, it's because nobody sets screens, the opposing defenders stay at home, and everything ends up being contested outside, blocked inside, or an ugly turnover.

This Knicks team will be a force if everyone stays healthy. I hope this team blasts the Miami Heat out of the postseason. LeBron only won a ring because key players were hurt and key teams were upset. (Derrick Rose and the Spurs.)

This wasn't a swipe aimed at yourself; and I will gladly get some new material when I see Chandler performing consistently, at the level he is capable of. Conservation of energy is ridiculous, particularly this early on. I'm sorry but I can't watch the NBA's defensive player of the year consistently underachieve without calling him out for it. Our defence in the paint has been the difference in all our losses. It's unacceptable.
    Who said anything about conservation of energy?

Tyson had 4 fouls in this game. Would you like him to contest every shot and foul out in the 2nd quarter? I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend about this.

The Knicks are heavily vulnerable to back door plays, Melo and Felton regularly get caught on this and leave Tyson stranded. He's the only big man on our team right now he can't do everything.

Try taking a look at Felton and Copelandemonium perimeter defense allowing Lin and Parsons into the lane at will (Harden can't be helped) as to why we give up so many points in the paint.

Tyson had 4 fouls in this game. Would you like him to contest every shot and foul out in the 2nd quarter? I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend about this.

The Knicks are heavily vulnerable to back door plays, Melo and Felton regularly get caught on this and leave Tyson stranded. He's the only big man on our team right now he can't do everything.

Try taking a look at Felton and Copelandemonium perimeter defense allowing Lin and Parsons into the lane at will (Harden can't be helped) as to why we give up so many points in the paint.
    I thought Kidd had an uncharacteristically poor defensive game. He usually is the one who keeps the ball handler from penetrating the lane. Novak could also play "help" defense if he were motivated. If the Knicks have one weakness, it's relying too much on Chandler on the defense. If he gets into foul trouble, then the team becomes vulnerable.

But then again, Carmelo was out. Who knows what difference he could have made. Shumpert will have a huge defensive impact, especially when teamed with Kidd.

Superstar

Felton's defence is below par, but how difficult can it be to guard a player like lin. Everyone's figured him out this season. Also this isn't the only game. When we're not allowing for our opponents to get a stupidly high FG% in the paint then we're allowing them second chance points through offensive rebounds. At this moment I have more faith in Wallace and Thomas guarding the paint than I do Chandler.

I thought Kidd had an uncharacteristically poor defensive game. He usually is the one who keeps the ball handler from penetrating the lane
    Kidd is old, he can't guard fast/athletic penetrators. His defense is good and he is a smart defender, but he can't stop young fast guards from going inside.

We saw how Kidd suffered against the Thunder backcourt in the last playoffs, Westbrook and Harden were too much for him, especially Harden who excelled during that series.

Felton's defence is below par, but how difficult can it be to guard a player like lin. Everyone's figured him out this season. Also this isn't the only game. When we're not allowing for our opponents to get a stupidly high FG% in the paint then we're allowing them second chance points through offensive rebounds. At this moment I have more faith in Wallace and Thomas guarding the paint than I do Chandler.
    As I've said before though, it's alllllllllllllllllllllll about aggression.

Of course Wallace and Thomas can go after the ball a lot harder than Tyson because they only play 10-20 minutes, they don't worry about fouling out.

Chandler simply can't be as aggressive as he would normally be in some games, and it's not only defensively either. Against teams like the Nets, Thunder, Chicago etc you'll see him being a lot tamer than usual whilst it's Melo at the 4, unless the other teams bigs have more fouls than him.

We heard Mike Breen and Clyde talking about how the Knicks needed to attack and try to get Houstons frontcourt of Asik and Morris (inexperienced players) into foul trouble, it would have freed up Chandler to have a much more aggressive game. But we didn't, we relied on jumpshots all night long.

This is why we see Chandler absolutely dominate against teams without a deep frontcourt of solid rebounders and then look like a fluffy bunny rabbit by comparison in games against teams with a stronger frontcourt.

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Also doesn't it bother anyone that melo doesn't play through injuries like other stars? He seems to sit out our biggest games and as great as he has been and i love every minute but he isn't exempt from critique. Like man up and play

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Are you serious?? Melo should force himself on the court after such a fall?? To play who? The freaking Rockets??? Have him risk further injuring himself for a non important team?? If we going on to win the conference and hopefully the title, who the heck cares if Lin wins when he comes here. He only plays well against us. Houston Rockets will be buried in their conference.

I see lotta people complaining Chandler didn't defend well, but he actually did, and he got a ton of rebounds for us. What killed us was that they used athleticism to outpace us. I'm still worried about Knicks offense though, because without Melo here, we simply rely on 3's most of the time and that is very streaky.