The Knicks made Stat "Available for Free" in the offseason?

KingCharles34

All Star
http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-knic...season-wanted-to-trade-him-for-dwight-howard/

Amare Stoudemire might be nearing a return to the court with the New York Knicks, but his team might not actually be looking forward to it all that much.

The Knicks have jumped out to the best record in the Eastern Conference without Stoudemire this season, and are now discussing him coming off the bench for the team despite his lucrative contract. What?s more, the team aggressively explored trading away the forward this offseason.

?This past summer, the Knicks offered Stoudemire to nearly every team in the league,? Howard Beck writes in the New York Times. The team made the 30-year old forward ?available for free,? according to a rival executive, but were unable to find any takers thanks to concerns about Stoudemire?s health, production and huge contract.

According to Beck, New York explored a trade with Toronto for Andrea Bargnani, but had the deal vetoed by owner James Dolan before it reached the Raptors. There were also discussions of sending Tyson Chandler and Stoudemire to the Magic for Dwight Howard before the All-Star center was shipped to Los Angeles.

Stoudemire has three years and $65 million remaining on his contract. He averaged 17.5 points and 7.8 rebounds per game last season with the Knicks, but the team is under .500 when both he and Carmelo Anthony play together for New York.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2012/12/report-knic...season-wanted-to-trade-him-for-dwight-howard/
Props to Dolan for vetoing the Bargnani trade

Its preposterous to even think that the Knicks would offer Stat for free to teams like the Nets, Celtics, or even the 76ers. I realize of course it wouldnt actually be for free. But it'd be very difficult to make the trade with probably most teams, and i really doubt were looking to make any type of move with a division rival.

Either NESN/ESPN is up to some bullsh*t here or the Nets and Celtics are trying to f*ck up our chemistry and damage Stats mental. Amare Stoudemire...Ignore this news. And practice defense

jqg5rq.png

smokes

Huge Member
Coming from you I'm surprised KS, I thought you'd have been happy to give up STAT for free!

But yeah this whole thing is ridiculous. Better not interrupt the teams chemistry.

KingCharles34

All Star
Haha I wouldnt mind if we made him available to most teams, but theres a few teams that we probably wouldnt wanna trade him too. Who knows, maybe he'll finally be able to stay healthy. I dont think he'll be back for long when he does comeback but at the same time I hope he proves me wrong. He could be of value to us if he do his thing on offense and if the rest of the team gets on him and forces him to defend and rebound.

Although it looks like Ainge is behind this f*ckery, my guts tellin me the it was Billy King. The Nets have tried to get at us a few times already. At one point they had signed 3 or 4 players that used to play for us. They got the "blueprint for success" billboard. They tried to drive up the price for Melo, and probably a few other things im missing. Too bad for them their barely above .500 while we lead the east :knicks:

bigapple

Starter
connection with Shump after is saw his reaction Shump can simply stun into starting five. Shump Stat connection

and for now i dont wana see MELO Stat in S5 and Stat understand that he wana keep team chem.

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont think Stat has any problem with coming off the bench and to his credit hes a very unselfish player. His biggest problems are his health and defense. If he can stay healthy i do believe he can find his rhythm and fit in on offense. If he wants a starting job hes gonna have to play some defense. Woodson and several old knick players got Melo to step up his defense. But its gonna be tougher with Stat. Carmelo's always been a good defender when he wanted to be but the problem was he rarely wanted to be a good defender until this year. Amare just doesnt really know how to play defense. Sometimes hes a good help defender but other then that hes basically a D Leaguer defensively. To finish things off on a more positive note, If Stat was ever gonna learn how to become even a good defender now would be the time.

clumsy

Rotation player
Don't think this was personal i just think they know Amare doesn't fit this system. Lots of players are system players. Look at Gasol he can barely get any burn with Mike D'antoni cuz Pringles hates post players.

We kinda play like the Dwight Howard Magic team that went to the finals. Great defensive team with a lot of 3 point shooters. The one difference is we are better because we have a real #1 option in Melo and a much better 6th man in JR.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
STAT is so under appreciated it makes me sick. The guy single handedly brought the Knicks back from nowhere to at least being relevant. Hope he comes back strong and plays out his career as a Knick.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
One of the things making the national rounds is that the Knicks are a fraud, because of the hot 3 point shooting. Amare brings a different style of game that I think the Knicks need and it's a post up option, or a high block option where he becomes a triple threat.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
This is all bull, was he discussed in potential deals? I don't doubt it but every player is--except the elite of the elite--so I don't think it's as bad austin the medias twisting it. STAT worked diligently in the offseason to get back to his comfort level and back to what made him who he is; and so I fully expect him to to just that. Stat will be back to normal and the NBA will be fearing our duo along with Shumpert stepping into the 3rd option role to form the renewed big 3 a la Boston's in 09-present but better.

Ive been anxiously awaiting stats return and its finally upon us. He's gonna shut a lot of *****s up

Kiyaman

Legend
Things that make u angry about beet-writers

Yeah yeah yeah .. this is a bunch of propaganda gossip passed on by a few beat-writers for someone to take interest to believe.

If something like this actually went down during the offseason Amare's powerful agent has strong ties with the media that wouldve put a stop to all of interim GM Grunwald offseason signings. Plus the true facts of the Knicks organization not getting a penny for "Linsanity" wouldve been leak to the press by an unknown source.

Dolan giving away not one but two players (Amare & Linsanity) with the pedigree of selling out a stadium for nothing in return .. Dolan may be called all kinds of terrible things but an idiot at stacking paper $$$$ is not one of them .. Knicks season ticket buyers who buy 2 and 3 seasons of tickets in one buy is mainly for the tandem of Amare & Melo's contracts.

The gossip rumor theory of Amare coming off the bench by fans, NBA sports analyst/writers became public during the Knicks preseason games without Amare, and the signing of three F/C (Camby/Kurt/Rasheed) in the offseason, plus the fact of the 2011-12 season of Amare & Melo refusal to gell in a lineup took away Knicks fans confidence in the two high-scorers being team winners in the same lineup together.

The Knicks organization threw a giant monkey-wrench in the two $100M hate each other no-gellin Melo/Amare face by signing a HOF PG-Jason Kidd in the offseason to make the two $100M babies become team-winners in the 2012-13 regular & postseason games.
I dont think Jason Kidd wouldve signed with the Knicks (breaking poor Cuban heart) just to play with Tyson & Melo .. Kidd needs a real PF to take the team to the next level in the postseason games, which Melo is not .. the Lakers Meta-Peace prove that on Xmas day...

Kiyaman

Legend
This is all bull, was he discussed in potential deals? I don't doubt it but every player is--except the elite of the elite--so I don't think it's as bad austin the medias twisting it. STAT worked diligently in the offseason to get back to his comfort level and back to what made him who he is; and so I fully expect him to to just that. Stat will be back to normal and the NBA will be fearing our duo along with Shumpert stepping into the 3rd option role to form the renewed big 3 a la Boston's in 09-present but better.

Ive been anxiously awaiting stats return and its finally upon us. He's gonna shut a lot of *****s up

:agreed:
Where was all this rumor in the offseason when Stat & Olyjuwon was working-out, and during training-camp when the Knicks invited Olyjuwon as a bigman coach?

Kiyaman

Legend
Don't think this was personal i just think they know Amare doesn't fit this system. Lots of players are system players. Look at Gasol he can barely get any burn with Mike D'antoni cuz Pringles hates post players.

We kinda play like the Dwight Howard Magic team that went to the finals. Great defensive team with a lot of 3 point shooters. The one difference is we are better because we have a real #1 option in Melo and a much better 6th man in JR.

Pau Gasol no-effort throughout a 82 game season made HOF headcoach Phil Jackson quit the Lakers at the end of the season.
Didnt u notice in the Xmas game, Woody didnt assign anyone to defend Gasol unless he entered the paint. Why do u think Gasol was always wide open on the peremeter .. Lakers oponents for the last 3 seasons know Gasol is not a threat on both sides of the court .. and fans blame Bynum, Odom, and Fisher for a no-effort-Gasol.

I would rather have an injury-prone Amare for 41 games a season for 2 more years, than a no-effort Gasol for 1 more season.