Knicks @ Lakers - Xmas Day 2012.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Woodson should review his substitution patterns. Playing Prigioni and Brewer is a big problem. Felton just seems to be really tired. Same goes for Chandler. Had Camby seen more minutes earlier, Chandler would have been in the game at the end and Camby showed that he is still a serviceable bigman. Just think about the block and the (almost) alley-hoop to Melo. Also we didn't move the ball enough.

I don't see why we couldn't have played them both against Gasol and D12, honestly. Camby is quite clearly in good form, and came in ready.

:shrug:

bigapple

Starter
where are those Knicks who shoots 18 treys @ Miami

Woodston started to limit rotation we see only Pablo and Steve

they stopped to shot 3s much less 3pts

and yes its time for Stat to back Melo and Felton are playing with injuries

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
16 FT for Knicks-31 FT for Lakers....JOKE!!!!!

What you get when you play Lakers in their house, same ****e VS Bobcats.

Refs do their all to keep Lakers close. Knicks were by far the superior team for 3 quarters. If not for refs Knicks easily up by 8-10 points headed into the 4TH Q. Alas Knicks were actually down after 3 thanks to the Lakers having no worries that refs would call anything. Lakers were able to foul fearlessly i.e Hill foul on Chandler and non stop fouls from Metta Artest.

For those who ask why should we fear the Heat...well tonight was a clear example of how a superior team can be undone by refs with an obvious bias.

pat

Starter
How is Ronnie Brewer helping this team?

At them moment he is not. Because he is not playing much, but he could, defending either Kobe or Nash and he can knock down the open corner three. If they are not giving him this shot, there is going to be more room for dribble penetration.

skisloper

Starter
This game is on Woodson. Pablo had a great 5 minutes and then sees no time despite Felton's 5 for 19 and that he is playing injured
Why in the world would Woodson continue with Felton. This is 5 bad games in a row as Felton is hurt and can't hit a shot.

Woodson wake up !!!?

Rob Low

Rotation player
Melo didn't have enough touches down the stretch in my opinion. It seems like every time Melo would pass the ball to JR and go in the post and call for it, JR would just look him off and drive to the other side of the court. Felton often does this too. Kidd is the only one that seems to get Melo the ball in his hot spots. I don't understand how they can play in the league for this long and not understand the concept of re-posting. Especially Felton who's a PG

skisloper

Starter
Didn't see too many bad shots no, he just missed a lot of shots that he should have made. Two of those missed FG were the two blown layups in a row he shoulda scored both of them.

He's just ice cold and playing hurt.

If your hurt and ice cold then any outside shot is a bad shot

CoolClyde

thanksalot Santa... for nothing!

idk why Copeland gets no run at all.
Camby and Prig both deserved more minutes.
another tough game for Felton, but Chandler was butterfingers tonite.
props to Duhwight for playing the P&R to perfection.

I'll still defend the bulldog PG, you can see he's hurt (again), and I only saw a couple of bad shots.
IMHO. can't believe Crazy 8's banned that troll for hating on Feltip. i thought some of his comments
were pretty funny. but 'tis the season to be hating on Raymond. banned on xmas!! waahhhh!

3 points in 15 minutes for Novacold.
Brewer = big nothing.. again
Kurthomas, good start... then bench? wtf?

well, the Melo/JR show did not make it happen in 4Q, can't win em all,
especially in enemy territory where refs suck dick, snort coke and take payoffs behind the rafters.

no stopping Kobe tonight, no stopping Pow at the end with matador D.
Metta World Pr*ck is one tough fu*cker, wish he was on the Knicks.

Damnit. Damntony. Damnchristmas!
i'm only kidding Santa!

i hope everyone's not bummed out for christmas!
it's just a game folks! have faith!

metrocard

Legend
Felton was never a good jump shooter to begin with. At his best, he's average. At his worst, you already seen it.

A good shooter is Ty Lawson.

Felton has a cute floater and running shot, but no real reason why he should be taking that many shots, Chandler should be the 3rd offensive scoring option behind Melo and Smith...not Ray.

BTW, I missed most of the game, so don't take my post with too much substance.

From the boxscore, it just looked like the Lakers played at their best, maximal best and Knicks fell short. 6 point loss, we shot 42% they shot 46%

Low turnover game, but Knicks committed 25 fouls, let the Lakers go to the free throw line 31 times(or was it the refs? you tell me)

Knicks only had 16 free throw attempts and loss the rebound advantage by 2.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Felton was $hitty. Nash was Nash. End of the fukcing story.

Yes, Felton's shot selection was good. But he is not making his shots! That's not a fukcing excuse to keep shooting the ball, fool! Pass it to the others!! You are a fukcing point guard for god's sake!!

Amare's comeback should limit that fool's shots, making him look better as a point guard with more passing and less shooting.

We lost the PG battle, thus we lost that forgettable game.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
next proof why Knicks are most negative called fould team

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...lebron-james-called-first-personal-foul-dec-8

Melo is receing most fouls simply by anything i see that on his reactions
even Bryant is getting almost no fouls but when he is fouling his reactions is "are u kiddin me" such like this should be called tech.

5 calls was really againts us but dont forget this is Califoria Los Fakers.

+ few plays was really dump Kidd was wide open but passed to Melo and lost ball.

Spurs are coming to town very soon :( i hope that wont be -25 game.

smokes

Huge Member
Felton was $hitty. Nash was Nash. End of the fukcing story.

Yes, Felton's shot selection was good. But he is not making his shots! That's not a fukcing excuse to keep shooting the ball, fool! Pass it to the others!! You are a fukcing point guard for god's sake!!

Amare's comeback should limit that fool's shots, making him look better as a point guard with more passing and less shooting.

We lost the PG battle, thus we lost that forgettable game.

Felton has to shoot though to try to make the defense leave the alley oop open.

The performance of Tyson and Felton are directly linked, most games where Tyson does well it's because Felton is shooting at a good clip and it frees up Tyson for alley oops and putbacks on Felton's misses.

Felton has been playing poorly lately anyone would agree but most of his shots are open and it just hasn't been falling. He does take a few more shots a game than you'd like but who else is gonna take those shots right now?

Yeah Amare coming back will help bring Felton down from the 16-17 shots he averages now into the 12 or so region he should be shooting. Hopefully having less pressure on him to score will improve his efficiency.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Don't let that assist to turnover ratio fool u. The thing with turnovers is giving the opposition extra possessions and while he doesn't turn the ball over he takes an ill advised shot in which it has the same effect as a turnover, ultimately its a wasted possesion on our part. I hate Felton

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Another dissapointing loss. What happened with our D. We were holding teams under 94 points and blowing everybody out including good teams.
Are they tired already?
Also, where is the ball movement? This question is directed to the coach. I dont even want to talk about Felton who is the bigest problem right now. The ball movement starts with the point guard, but he is taking too many shots instead and misses most of them. Even if he hits most of his shots, that is still not good enough as point guards job is to run the offence, keep everibody involved, keep your big man happy.
Why is Ronny Brewer in the starting lineup? He cant hit the shot if his life depends on it, and his D is far from what we expected.
Why is JR taking a difficult long jumper at the end of the game when the ball should be in Melos hands? Bball iq of Felton and JR is low, thats why shot selection and decision making is so poor.
I have alot more questions to mister Woodson, who said that he is happy where we are right now. I heared it during his recent interview.
Well, i am not happy with the way this team is playing lately at all.
If Felton is injured, sit his ass on the bench and let Prig and Kidd run our offence, or at list tell him to stop shooting so mush, move the ****ing ball instead.
Sorry about my rant, but i am very dissapointed right now and hoping that our coaching staff wakes up and does something positive.

CoolClyde

Don't let that assist to turnover ratio fool u. The thing with turnovers is giving the opposition extra possessions and while he doesn't turn the ball over he takes an ill advised shot in which it has the same effect as a turnover, ultimately its a wasted possesion on our part. I hate Felton

yeah, i read your hate post the first time, no need for the double negatory.
we get it.

petescud

Starter
The refs stunk up the joint again. We can't lose our composure with this though. This is one that slipped away. Def winnable. All you can hope is it doesn't haunt us at the postseason positioning....I felt Cope should had gotten minutes as well as more minutes for Camby and Prigs. Whats going on with Novack? i never cared much for Brewer so, wont comment

CoolClyde

you read but did everyone else?... im aloud to express my frustration over and over should i choose... i just wanted it in the newer game thread that is all...

that's a good point. some other threads you may want to consider posting the same negative bullsh*it:

2012-2013 Raymond Felton Player Performance and News Thread
Trade Forum
2012-13 Mike Woodson Coaching Performance Thread
Do We Really Have a Chance?

because everyone needs to know your opinion.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Why were three guards playing so much against the Lakers' starting front-court? Kurt Thomas and Camby should have been playing together in the last few minutes. I like Felton, but in the last few minutes it should have been Kidd, Smith, Melo, Thomas, and Camby after Chandler fouled out.

I HOPE Camby and Chandler start eventually.