Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avery Johnson fired by Brooklyn Nets!

Jay-Z now has 98 problems.

Looks like the Nets are pushing hard for Phil Jackson.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't see how he is going to turn Deron Williams and Joe Johnson into Jordan and Pippen and how he is going to turn Lopez into Shaquille O'neal running a triangle offense.

Avery is fired because they bought into their own hype...this a 45-37 team 48-34 at the very best an they felt they are a Championship contender

.500 record with all the newly acquired pieces makes sense...they are very much in the hunt for a playoff position and considering they have been lottery bound since 2004 or so this is still an improvement

Problem is too many teams are trying to catch lighting in a bottle like Boston in 08 and Miami instead if letting their team come together like OKC

What coach is gonna want to coach for a team with overly high expectations? Their owner gaurenteed a title by next year and by firing your coach at this point shows more than just rhetoric but actually belief in this concept

The other problem is they ran their mouths about taking over NY and we stayed quiet and let our game talk now The Knicks are an elite and they are feeling pressure to keep up!

Jealous little Brothers is all they are!!!

Let them get a big name coach they'll fail and The Nets will make more desperate moves!

Deron Williams has been average, what does the organization expect?

It's like the Nets firing Lawrence Frank during the 2009-2010 season. Firing a coach because not winning with that team.

Veteran

14-14 record and you fire the guy. Why not fire Doc Rivers or any coach playing less than .500 ball.

Put in another coach and let the Nets play .500 ball for him and the chips will fall in Billy King's lap for putting together this underachieving Nets roster and then you can fire the right guy BILLY KING.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    14-14 record and you fire the guy. Why not fire Doc Rivers or any coach playing less than .500 ball.

Put in another coach and let the Nets play .500 ball for him and the chips will fall in Billy King's lap for putting together this underachieving Nets roster and then you can fire the right guy BILLY KING.
    THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NYETS AND THE CELTDICKS:

Danny Ainge expressed belief in Doc Rivers despite the Boston Celtics' 14-14 record.

"Doc (Rivers) has proven his worth as a coach," Ainge said. "There's nobody I want more to coach my team, than Doc Rivers."

The Celtics entered the season with high aspirations after an active summer that saw them sign Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Darko Milicic and Chris Wilcox as free agents.

"When the team isn't winning, that's just as much my fault as it is Doc's fault," Ainge said. "We're in this together, with the success and the failure of the team. A lot of times, players aren't doing their part. Sometimes it's the coaches not doing their part. Sometimes it's me not doing my part, and my staff. We have to evaluate all of it and find the real reasons why the team isn't performing to our standards and try to make the best of it."

now they are 7-1 and just won with Pacers.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono