Benchwarmer
Robbie Randolph Be Damned
ITS TIME FOR... FRIDAY NIGHT KNICKS!!!

In tonight's action, we have
YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS (21-8)
large-knicks-jubi.jpg

@ The Crapamento Queens (9-19)
queens1.jpg

In tonight's matchup, we have a confident Knick team coming off a thrilling last second victory in Phoenix missing 3-4 potential starters, building confidence for some reserve players who will be called upon heavily again tonight, versus the Sacramento Kings, however we all know CoolClyde is the real King in the Sac around these parts... my damned girl won't shup up about it. Worth mentioning, Kings do have a winning home record.

Missing from action tonight will again be Ray Felton (finger), Carmelo Anthony (knee) and Iman Shumpert and Amare Stoudemire who have yet to suit up, though their returns are imminent. It is not yet known (at least to me) if Demarcus Cousins will suit up for the Kings tonight. What is known is that he's likely to do something stupid in the near future. Also, Tyreke Evans is not yet ready to return.

Matchup to Watch:
I'd say Chandler and Cousins, but with that matchup uncertain, I'll go with Brewer/White vs Marcus Thornton, as not allowing them to get hot from deep should be important.

Look for another big performance from Jason Kidd, who really seems to be able to give this team whatever is required of him on any given night.

ESPN says:
While missing Carmelo Anthony and Raymond Felton did not hurt the New York Knicks their last time out, not having DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans certainly had a negative effect on the Sacramento Kings.
It's unclear who will be on the court for either team heading into Friday night's matchup in Sacramento.
New York (21-8) won 99-97 at Phoenix on Wednesday as Anthony and Felton sat out. Anthony, who leads the Eastern Conference with 28.5 points per game, hyperextended his knee in Tuesday's 100-94 defeat to the Lakers and Felton fractured a finger while JR Smith hyperextended WNY_Knickfan's weiner Wednesday night.
While Anthony's status for Friday is uncertain though his injury is not believed to be serious, Felton is expected to miss at least a month but won't need surgery. Replacing them in the lineup Wednesday were Ronnie Brewer -- he came off the bench Tuesday after starting the previous 27 games -- and James White, who got his first start of the season.
"Key guys get banged up here and there and we have enough guys on our team that guys just got to step up and play until guys get back," coach Mike Woodson said. "That's how it's got to be."
Sacramento (9-19) was without Cousins and Evans in Wednesday's 109-91 loss at Portland.
Cousins did not play despite having been reinstated after a one-game suspension for "being a dick once again." Evans, averaging 15.1 points, missed his fifth straight game with a bruised hymen and is listed as day to day.
The volatile Cousins, suspended twice earlier this season by the NBA, leads the Kings with 4 coach arguments and 2 punches thrown in practices. James Johnson has totaled 14 points and seven boards starting the last two games in his place.
"We just gotta roll with the punches," said guard Isaiah Thomas, whos namesake screwed Knick fans ridiculously years ago. "We know how to lose without those two guys, we've been awful all year, I mean somebody's been out but we've got enough players who play halfassed even without them -- they're our two best players -- we still have to blow it every night."
The Knicks let a 14-point, second-half lead slip away Wednesday before getting clutch play from J.R. Smith, who hit a jumper to tie the game with 10.6 seconds left before his winning 21-footer at the buzzer.
"I don't know whatever words you want to use but he loves that moment," teammate Jason Kidd said of Smith, who scored a season-best 27 points and placed a stranglehold on NYC pie when he returns from this roadtrip.
Kidd set a season high with 23 points and matched another with eight assists as he shouldered more of the load minus Felton, who is second on the team with 15.8 points per game.
"He nearly f'd around and had a triple-double tonight," Woodson said about Kidd. "Here he is almost 40 years old still playing like that. It's incredible.
The Knicks are averaging a league-low 10.8 turnovers. They are second in the East in points per game (102.2) and 3-point shooting percentage (39.4).
The Kings are allowing an average of 101.9 points for one of the league's worst marks.
Both teams seem to favor 1-on-1 play since New York's 19.9 assists per game is the NBA's fourth-worst average while Sacramento's 19.3 is second-worst.
New York swept two meetings with Sacramento last season by an average of 18.5 points, with Anthony missing one of them. Tyson Chandler helped limit a foul-plagued Cousins to an average of 12.0 points on 9-of-28 shooting.
The Kings have won six of nine at home.

Poster in the Spotlight
Spotlight.jpg

Smokes- Felt the need to appease his angst at the lack of a game thread earlier, as well as recognize one of our MVPs (Most Valuable Posters) for having the greatest avi imaginable.

Obligatory Visual Aids:
sOUWc.jpg

d748f4b9b3330be94050cfdc009b4b37a0207bed_m.jpg

tumblr_lre919E4Km1qcs2woo1_500.jpg

WNY_Knickfan's Drinking Games:
Ronnie Brewer made jumpshot- drink
Ronnie Brewer made freethrow- drink
Tyson Chandler made field goal that isn't a dunk or a tip- chug 5 seconds
Reference to Amare fitting in- drink
Any age references to Knicks being old- drink
Mentions of D Cousins immaturity- drink
Prigioni dunks- take a shot
Tyson/Camby cross someone- take a shot
JR Smiff N Wesson (Cred goes to KingStarbury) makes a gamewinner, chug the hell outta whatever you have left!

:beer:GO KNICKS!!! WISH YOU GUYS LOTS OF BOOZE AND SLUTS! :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a trap game on our hands tonight. Last game of a long road trip, no melo/felton, this ones definitely not in the bag yet..

In other news, anybody hear the rumor of Sheeed considering retirement because of that foot injury?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
WNY_Knickfan's Drinking Games:
Ronnie Brewer made jumpshot- drink
Ronnie Brewer made freethrow- drink
Tyson Chandler made field goal that isn't a dunk or a tip- chug 5 seconds
Reference to Amare fitting in- drink
Any age references to Knicks being old- drink
Mentions of D Cousins immaturity- drink
Prigioni dunks- take a shot
Tyson/Camby cross someone- take a shot
JR Smiff N Wesson (Cred goes to KingStarbury) makes a gamewinner, chug the hell outta whatever you have left!

Nice debut thread, brother. Love the drinking game idea, it's a winner. :beer:

+ Green for an entertaining GT.

★ This link contains Woodson's comments on Melo's injury and the @ Kings matchup.

http://knicksnow.com/videos/2317/woodson-on-melo-s-injury-matchup-against-kings#.UN5RNaUl4UU

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Haha the drinking games! Nice.

Chilling off 2 beers right now.

Scheisse, I'm gonna sound like I'm part of the 'Liks for this, but long week, I hit the bottle soon as I got home, I'm like 6 in and def playing my own drinking game come tip, Go Knicks or Go Home! Thinking Feb I get to the big city for a game at the Garden, any of you guys that are there get a 9 dollar beer on me!

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;260149 said:
Nice debut thread, brother. Love the drinking game idea, it's a winner. :beer:

+ Green for an entertaining GT.

★ This link contains Woodson's comments on Melo's injury and the @ Kings matchup.

http://knicksnow.com/videos/2317/woodson-on-melo-s-injury-matchup-against-kings#.UN5RNaUl4UU

Thanks man, and great addition on the woodson quotes, as the king around here I gotta ask, I tried to use the arrows in corners deal (sorry non tech terminology) to adjust pic size a tad smaller in some cases, but when I clicked save it went back to regular size... any input? Not trying to take up whole page with images on you guys

CoolClyde

fu*cking rep, dudo! not just for the CoolClyde reference, but for the quick overall thread chock full of facts and figures... +1 green semen for you!

LeFlume

All Star
Kings are playing .321 basketball. (9-19) but they can hold their own at home (8-7). It's not a 'gimmie ....It's gonna be tough

smokes

Huge Member
If we played defense for 4 quarters we'd win this easily... I forgot that we don't do that :boohoo:

deamon

Benchwarmer
Pathetic strategy in defense. Don't know why all our players stay in paint. Sacramento has open shot from 3.

It's funny to think, but given his production in limited minutes with the Knicks, Copeland would probably be a 20+ point per game starter on some of the really lousy rosters in this league.