Knicks V Blazers - Tuesday, Jan 1 2013. HNY, KO!

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Again another no show first half ensured a loss to an inferior team.

Woody needs explain to these part timers a simple reality 17-2 when we concede under 100, 4-8 when we concede 100+.

Bottom line shock, horror...D MATTERS!!!!!!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I actually expected us to lose this one, with Stat coming back trying to get his Flow back.

I just wish we had the same defensive intensity in the 1st half that we had in the second half :boohoo:

Oh well at least the eastern conference is CRAP, no worries

Rob Low

Rotation player
Amare played too much and Camby not enough. They played their best ball with the Chandler and Camby combo, no idea why Woodson didn't do it more.

petescud

Starter
Guess we're missing Ray as our other PG's put up what, 2 pts tonight...Our Bench only put up about 10 pts too...and Novack, 20 minutes and zero points

Rob Low

Rotation player
Because Amar'e is making 5 times the salary that Camby is making.

He's also playing his first game back after 2 and a half months and is obviously gonna be rusty. When Woodson saw that he was hurting us and Camby helped bring us back, money should have nothing to do with it.

knicksin60

Starter
What's heartbreaking about these losses is that they were to two teams that the Knicks would have blown out earlier in the season.

How on earth does a team go from lookinig elite to then consistently starting each game with zero energy or effort?

I could give a few possible answers to this...

1. Their age is catching up to them

2. Teams are taking them more seriously and exploiting their flaws

3. They aren't really an elite team and were overacheiving

4. They took their early success for granted

knicksin60

Starter
He's also playing his first game back after 2 and a half months and is obviously gonna be rusty. When Woodson saw that he was hurting us and Camby helped bring us back, money should have nothing to do with it.

I just think this is going to be a trend for the rest of the year. Mike Woodson is going to give Amar'e important minutes even if it means not replacing him with a player that is contributing more than him.

metrocard

Legend
Can't win games when you get out-rebounded +10 and let the team shoot 50% on you.

a Serge Ibaka defensive type enforcer would be more needed.

Cats send
Gordon
Diop
Biyombo

Knicks send
Stoudimire
Brewer
James White

Cats
Walker/Sessions
Henderson/Brewer/Williams
Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor
Stoudimire/Warrick/Adrien
Haywood/Mullens

Knicks
Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Gordon
Anthony/Novak/Copeland
Biyombo/Thomas
Chandler/Camby/Wallace

knicksin60

Starter
That is a good trade proposal. The Knicks wouldn't be losing to teams like the Kings and Blazers with that roster. I'm not sure if the Bobcats would even want Amar'e to be their towel boy.

metrocard

Legend
That is a good trade proposal. The Knicks wouldn't be losing to teams like the Kings and Blazers with that roster. I'm not sure if the Bobcats would even want Amar'e to be their towel boy.

We have to consider just a big time move because this is our best year to win a title, the East isn't strong right now with the Bynum, Rose, Granger injuries...Celtics may miss the playoffs, this is our year really...everything is designed for us.

I don't think Knicks win a championship with the current roster they have, they're one move away from solidifying their chance to be the elite squad; I really hope I'm wrong on this.

metrocard

Legend
For some unearthly reason .. I just couldnt fantasize the thought of "Melo & JR" winning this game for the return of Amare.
How many home losses we have now

I mean Melo and JR just balled their asses off, I gotta put this loss on Tyson Chandler and the defense collectively. We let a lot of easy baskets go in for Portland, gave up a lot of rebounds and let Portland control the pace and get into our interior with ease.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Can't win games when you get out-rebounded +10 and let the team shoot 50% on you.

a Serge Ibaka defensive type enforcer would be more needed.

Cats send
Gordon
Diop
Biyombo

Knicks send
Stoudimire
Brewer sa
James White

Cats
Walker/Sessions
Henderson/Brewer/Williams
Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor
Stoudimire/Warrick/Adrien
Haywood/Mullens

Knicks
Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Gordon
Anthony/Novak/Copeland
Biyombo/Thomas
Chandler/Camby/Wallace

That's an interesting trade proposal but that would leave us to rely even more on three pointers with the addition of Gordon and the departure of STAT. Defense and rebounding get a boost though.

What I'm looking for is someone who can shoot the three and defend. I wish Steve Novak and Ronnie Brewer had a baby. Sigh.

knicksin60

Starter
We have to consider just a big time move because this is our best year to win a title, the East isn't strong right now with the Bynum, Rose, Granger injuries...Celtics may miss the playoffs, this is our year really...everything is designed for us.

I don't think Knicks win a championship with the current roster they have, they're one move away from solidifying their chance to be the elite squad; I really hope I'm wrong on this.

You are correct! Grunwald has been improving the Knicks since he became their GM and could only make them better with the right move. If they continue to struggle the way they have been I don't think it is far fetched to see a few of their players dealt before the trade deadline. I just pray that their is a GM out there who is at least half as dumb as Isiah Thomas was who can help the Knicks dump unwanted players for them.