Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artest

Default Artest

Read a rumor that had the Knicks as part of a 3 way with Minn and Indiana...we would get Artest, Indiana would get Wally and Minn would get Kurt and someone else might go to Indiana or Minn...

I don't want Artest...did anyone else see this?

Superstar

I didn't. Where did you get that? Oh, and I wouldn't liked Artest here as well cuz of the guards/forwards sutiation we are in. But if we weren't packed with guards that much I would've pulled that trade.

Here is what I found

Artest could return to New York
    Chicago Tribune (registration required)
    Tribune columnist Sam Smith writes that the Knicks could get Ron Artest in a three-way deal with the Pacers and Timberwolves. Wally Szczerbiak would join the Pacers and Kurt Thomas would end up with the Timberwolves if the rumored trade went down.

like many players artest is talent mouth and no heart. we dont need him here

I wouldn't want Ron Artest either. What team in the NBA wants a defensive stopper? Why would the Knicks want a SF who would actually score? Why would they want a guy who's young? I say the Knicks should keep TT and his 12.9 Mil. Ron Artest is an overpaid stiff @ 6.5 Mil (Defensive player of the year last, yes he did beat out Ben Wallace). Oh by the way, I'm being really sarcastic!!!

because he is poison,look at the end of last year,missing practices when the team needed him,now he is taking time off for a album causing his team wins,sure he talented,sure he makes less money but he plays heartless. watch him when it counts.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

that's all i could find

the argument that "he is a good player so we should overlook some things" is one of the big issues with all pro sports and especially the NBA...a fan needs to feel that the players at least care about the team and winning...heck, why do you think so many people in the US were cheering against our Olympic team

I think we should applaud a guy like Steph who seems to have taken the Olympic message to heart and is now focused on leading a team...not just himself...
    Keep Artest out of NY...we finally have some nice young talent to build around...let's not infect them with the likes of RA

If TT was moved (plus some other stuff) for Artest, then that might clear up the wing positions...

Yeah, Who needs Artest and his 22 points 7 boards & 6 assists? We have TT and his 6 points 3 boards & 0 assists. Hey everyone who hates Artest wake up! He's really good! If Isiah Thomas could manage the NBA's biggest head case in Denis Rodman...Then Artest is a cinch. Let's face it, the Knicks can try for him or again watch him go to one of the other 27 teams. Oh, and if Ron Artest comes here, and things fell apart, blame the other 17 people that let things get out of hand. Steph, Crawford, Houston all have to lead. It's just that simple. By the way if anyone saw the exit interview, you can tell Steph getting tired of TT and Vin Baker. The locker might just need a change.

P.S. Rodman won five rings. Artest has way more potential than he ever did.

wow artest in NY damnnn its his dream and nice 4 us. Look if he leaves kncisk should just send TT with the pakcage bc we dont need him look at thsi marbury,crawford,Artest,Sweets.nazr baker can back up nazr and we gon get eddie so itrs all good, i realy think artest is BSing with the whole album thing so he can get traded and he knocws knicks would want him and hes been wnated to play from the his whole life.

we dont need him look at thsi marbury,crawford,Artest,Sweets.nazr baker can back up nazr
    i agree except for Baker, there is something going on with him....

Ron Artest is a ticking time bomb and bringing him to New York where there are is much more distraction and media attention probably will blow up in our faces so although Artest is awesome I don't think trading for him would be. Maybe Utah would be a better fit.

Originally Posted by professorhorhey
    Ron Artest is a ticking time bomb and bringing him to New York where there are is much more distraction and media attention probably will blow up in our faces so although Artest is awesome I don't think trading for him would be. Maybe Utah would be a better fit.
    Bottom line is Artest will mature and so will his game. I like guys that are honest and work hard.Artest does that. Why would the Pacers let that kind of personal info out about Artest wanting time off? That's as bad as Phil Jackson's tell-all book. You don't rat out your solidiers. It's bad for morale & chemistry. Artest will be alright regardless. He a winner. It comes down to whether the Knicks want him to do his winning with them.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

OK, as of now Ron Artest has NO heart and I could care less. He plays for himself and could care less until playoffs. He has talent but no heart! All he wants is his money and his place in the books as a famous champ! He could care less about his team mates or the heart of this game. If he doesn't want to work to get his team to the playoffs why should he even be aloud to go? He just wants to sit on his lazy-ass and watch his team work! He just wants to get to the finals the easy way! NEWSFLASH there is no easy way! But because he's talented no one gives a damn as long as he fills seats and wins, that's why! People like that tick me off, I never wanna see him in a Knicks uniform. I know he plays injured but that doesn't mean he has heart, just stubborn, in his case at least. He thinks he can do watever the hell he wants because he's all that, its sickening. Now he's gonna act like he's working hard because the media made a big deal what a moron he's being, he's pure scum!

Although I will say people can change, I would accept him if he ever does manage to change his ways......

END IT HERE! RON ARTEST AN EXCELLENT PLAYER BUT A JERK! PERIOD!