NBA Entertainment Post your media/memes here

metrocard

Legend

WarriorsBenchBlakeGriffin.gif

smokes

Huge Member
Shaqtin A Fool

I love this show, absolutely must watch for any basketball fan. Will keep thread updated with the latest.

2011-12 Season

2012-13 Season

Last edited by a moderator:

metrocard

Legend
NBA stories

While coaching the Knicks for an abbreviated 59 games in 1995-96, Nelson told me a story involving John Starks. He said a fan approached the former Knicks guard after a game and asked him to sign a pennant for his brother. "His name is Marc. Marc with a 'C.' "

When the fan got the pennant returned, Nelson said, it read, "To Cark." Marc with a "C," get it?

Nellie delighted in telling that story, prefacing it with, "This is how stupid John Starks is." He wanted Starks traded and was prepared to give up any information that might lead to that end.

metrocard

Legend
a Ron Artest story

These anecdotes just bounce off people now. Artest is a benevolent crazy. Or so we think. Being around this nuttiness every day is a little different from merely hearing about the nuttiness in secondhand anecdotes. I know for a fact he routinely broke plays on offense and is still a handful behind the scenes, and the Rockets buried every 2008-09 story that would have made this patently clear. For instance, Artest routinely walked around in his underwear in public places: the Rockets? team bus, hotels, you name it. People around the team barely flinched after a while. Before Game 7 of the Lakers series ? only the biggest game of the entire season ? they finally flinched.

Here?s what happened: Artest missed the first two team buses (the ones for players, coaches and team personnel) from Houston?s hotel to the Staples Center and barely made the third and final bus, which was reserved for business staff, sponsors and friends of the team. These stunned people watched Artest sprint to the bus right before it left, jump on and take one of the remaining seats ? yes, wearing only his underwear. Owner Leslie Alexander happened to be sitting on the bus and witnessed the whole thing. And you wonder why the Houston Rockets didn?t make any effort whatsoever to bring back Artest.

metrocard

Legend
Former Knick, Qyntel Woods

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers forward Qyntel Woods pleaded no contest Wednesday to marijuana charges stemming from a traffic stop last year, according to court records.

Woods was cited last March 29 when he was stopped for speeding. He reportedly offered only his basketball trading card and two credit cards as identification.

metrocard

Legend
Before signing me up, the Sixers' top guys met with me in a Midtown hotel in New York City. They heard I was fat, out of shape. They were worried about the broken foot, too. It was Harold Katz, then the owner, and Gene Shue, then the general manager. They wanted me to run up and down the hotel ballroom. They thought I might be damaged goods. I told 'em I understood their concerns, but I had a better idea. Instead of running up and down in a damn ballroom, why didn't I run up and down on a basketball court for them? I said, "We can go to a park by my house." They thought it was a great idea and we agreed to go on down there.

Harold and Gene didn't know it, but the park we were going to was down on the Lower East Side, right next to the school I went to, P.S. 137. And before we drove down there, I called the principal, and I told him what's happening.

So when we got to the park, he's let the whole school out early, and there's nine hundred kids in the park, surrounding the court, hanging on the chain-link fence, screaming and yelling and cheering, "Williams! Williams! Williams! Williams!."

And I'm running and dunking and jumping, up and down and up and down. I'm flying! It's like one of those bad made-for-TV movies. I mean, I'm two feet above the rim, scraping my elbows on metal. And the kids are screaming and Harold and Gene are happy about the whole thing. They're talking to each other.

"Holy smokes!" they're saying. "We got a steal with this guy!"

Harold and Gene spent the next two years watching me miss layups, stumble around, saying, "What the heck happened at that park? Was that an optical illusion or what?"

They told Charles Barkley they were confused, because they'd seen me playing about two feet above the rim.

Charlie says, "You seen who? Doing what? When?"

What Harold and Gene and Charlie didn't know is that the basket at that park is only nine feet high.

Loose Balls: Easy Money, Hard Fouls, Cheap Laughs, and True Love in the NBA - Jayson Williams

metrocard

Legend
When flying from Kentucky to St. Louis in the 70s, the plane was to cross a time zone and technically arrive four minutes before it took off, Barnes said, "I ain't gettin' on no time machine," left and rented a car.

- Marvin Barnes

metrocard

Legend
Some Oakley stories

Charles Oakley and Tyrone Hill were both kicked out of a 2000 preseason game when Oakley slapped Hill in the mouth during warmups,
It turns out Hill owed Oakley $54,000 from a dice game and was slow to pay up.
Later that same season, Oakley was suspended again after throwing a basketball at Hill face during a shootaround. Hill eventually settled up, but because of his "coward move," Oakley insisted that he pay double.

-Charles Oakley was dating a woman in Charlotte, NC. He called the woman?s house and LA Clipper Jeff McInnis was there. Oakley went hunting for Jeff that night, but couldn?t find him. So, the next time their two teams played, Oakley walked up to McInnis on the bench and punched him in the head before the game. Oakley blamed one of McInnis? coaches at the time, Alvin Gentry, for telling reporters the story.