0 0%
  • Steve Novak

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's the 2012-13 MVP thus far?

Hybrid View

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nba Logo Who's the 2012-13 MVP thus far?

Vote or die.

I got Chris Paul, with Kevin Durant and LeBron at the second and Melo following.

12th man

Lightbulb Nba mvp

poll added.

12th man

MVP thus far...

Damn. Chris Paul has made me a believer. MVP play in the first half so far. 12 points 11 assists so far and a buzzer beater over Kobe. This Clippers team is scary deep, probably even deeper than our Knicks.

Meh, Chris Paul having a dominating performance against Nash and Morris isn't that impressive to me.

He's definitely in the race, he makes the Clippers what they are. His numbers are too weak for MVP imho, he just doesn't play enough minutes.

12th man

Originally Posted by smokes
    Meh, Chris Paul having a dominating performance against Nash and Morris isn't that impressive to me.

He's definitely in the race, he makes the Clippers what they are. His numbers are too weak for MVP imho, he just doesn't play enough minutes.
    This ain't fantasy basketball baby.

Paul does have a 25 PER tho, so it's far from weak.
    Paul is 4th in PER behind James, Durant, Bryant and Melo and PER isn't really the best stat to measure a player totally, but Paul can probably have a higher PER If he played more, he shoots a high percentage, gets a lot of steals, good rebounder for a 6 foot guy and normally scores 20 ppg with over 10 assist.

You gotta give it to Paul just based on the impact he delivered on the team in such very little usage. His USG is only 21, which is an insane rate of efficiency without dominating the ball so much. Paul really distinguishes himself amongst the rest.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Peep it out, it's really interesting to consider.

Paul should of won the MVP in 2008.

Also to consider with Paul on the floor, Los Angeles' offense scores 11.5 points more per 100 possessions than they do when he's riding the bench. He's assisting on 45 percent of his team's field goals when in the game (second behind Rajon Rondo) and is second in win shares (6.3) behind Durant. Paul is also holding opposing point guards to a PER of 11.2 per 48 minutes. Basically all around the most effective player this season in terms of impact.

I won't be upset if Durant or James or Anthony or Duncan or even Bryant wins the award, all have excellent arguments and cases for why they're MVP's.

12th man

I'm kinda hyped now, gonna try to trade for Paul in the KnicksOnline league

Just look at this game. Chris Paul hit 1 shot in the last 5 minutes of a very close game which they could easily have lost if D12 didn't go get himself fouled out on a bad foul.

CP3 is great but Melo, Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Tim Duncan are all a level above him in terms of players who WIN games for you.

Steve Nash averaged 15.5 pts and 11.5 assists during his first MVP campaign in 2005. Chris Paul's numbers this year are pretty darn close at 16.3ppg and 9.2apg. Plus, when you factor in his superiority over Nash in terms of defense (CP3 leads the league in steals @ 2.7 spg), then a strong case can be made for Paul as this year's Most Valuable Player.

Having said all that, as much as I hate to say it, I think LeBron deserves MVP this year once again (Well, so far into the season at least). Considering the fact that he has lead the HEAT into the best record in the East and that his team relies on his production so much this year (Wade and Bosh have been inconsistent), Bron has my vote, sadly. 26.5ppg, 8.6rpg, 7.1apg. He does it all.

Sorry Melo.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're being stubborn.
    You have no information that proves CP3 is a bad closer.

It's not clutch to you? Who are, Steve Nash? Lets see you make a free throw when the game is the on the line. Basketball isn't as easy as you think. Come back to reality.

CP3 stats from 2012 still indicate the dude is an elite player in the 4th quarter, he has the ability to preform, not only in the previous season but all throughout his career, and theres nothing you have to prove he can't do it this year. CP3 ain't Pau Gasol, you're acting stubborn and illogical assuming CP3 lost this closer ability.

You haven't watched enough Clippers games well enough then. Paul is the reason why Clippers are elite. MVP behavior? That doesn't even exist. Come up with something more understandable and atleast take the time make sense and explain it better, you're talking out of your ass right now...haven't provided any objective information to this thread and really talking out of how you feel on CP3 and not what you know about him, which is showing to be very little. Paul guided the Clippers to a 16-0 record -- the best monthly mark in franchise history -- in which they won their games by an average of 15.8 points. The Clippers joined the 1995-96 Spurs and 1971-72 Lakers as the only teams in NBA history to complete a calendar month with a record of 16-0. You really gotta shut up about this "Chris Paul passing up shots" nonsense. He's by far the best player on his team and his team is elite, keeping it simple for you, he's the biggest factor on that team. You don't need to close out games when your team is winning the games by 15 points on average, numb nuts.

With Chris Paul at the helm, the Clippers have compiled a 25-8 record. Chris Paul is top 3-4 in PER and it's only going to increase.
    Chris paul is their best closer, but that says more about the clippers then him. I don't think he is a good closer, but he isn't bad to have closing. Really i think it boils down to him being in n.o. And getting blown out so much he really hasn't been put in a position in which he was able to establish himself as a good or bad closer... However with his offensive skillset i don't think it would render him a good closer. If there isn't a gray area and it was good or bad that this debate is over, with his skillset i would say he isn't a good closer and maybe eric bledsoe can grow into that. As of now he will be the closer and he'll likely fail at hitting a big shot more then making it. Or he will succeed in finding an open man and them taking the shot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

12th man

If we want to talk about this season, Clippers are 8-1 against defending division champions.

2-0 vs SAS
    2-0 vs LAL
    0-1 vs OKC
    2-0 vs CHI
    1-0 vs BOS
    1-0 vs MIA

They look pretty legit so far, thanks to the work of Paul.

Match up of the year will be Knicks vs Clippers on February 10th.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If we want to talk about this season, Clippers are 8-1 against defending division champions.

2-0 vs SAS
    2-0 vs LAL
    0-1 vs OKC
    2-0 vs CHI
    1-0 vs BOS
    1-0 vs MIA

They look pretty legit so far, thanks to the work of Paul.

Match up of the year will be Knicks vs Clippers on February 10th.
    You're not wrong, he's leading his team to wins and that's awesome. I'm still undecided as to whether the Clips are legit title contenders though. They look great in the regular season but in those close, grind it out half court games they look pretty terrible unless Crawford is shooting lights out.

I just don't see him as a front runner right now because other players like Kobe, Lebron, Melo, Durant all put their teams on their backs and win games that they should have lost.

What do you reckon about the Crawford vs JR Smith 6th man debate?

12th man

You're not wrong, he's leading his team to wins and that's awesome. I'm still undecided as to whether the Clips are legit title contenders though. They look great in the regular season but in those close, grind it out half court games they look pretty terrible unless Crawford is shooting lights out.

I just don't see him as a front runner right now because other players like Kobe, Lebron, Melo, Durant all put their teams on their backs and win games that they should have lost.

What do you reckon about the Crawford vs JR Smith 6th man debate?
    I kinda favor JR Smith because he's came up defensively this season, both are sub 20 PER players, average about the same numbers; but JR Smith has taken the lead role when Melo was out and at moments, stepped up as a floor leader (a case where it goes beyond the numbers)

It's close. Like I said earlier, from KD to Duncan...and all the elite players between them I won't be made if they get the MVP if they all keep up their great play.

To consider our time table, it is January and around this time, Amar'e was getting MVP considerations in his first season as a Knick; he finished 5th I believe but guys can fall out of this race with just one injury...I think Durant is really pushing his game to the next level with the improved passing, defense and rebounding. Miami has to make a trade to get a center, preferably Dalembert/Gooden from the Bucks since they're not using those guys much.

I haven't watched Paul a lot since he became a Clipper, but a few games I've seen, despite his great numbers and clearly being an elite PG and clearly being their best payer, he doesn't have the fire he once had. Until his last Playoff run as Hornet, fans of the team including myself wondered if he could/would put up a performance like that anymore. What happened was in the first game he put up an AMAZING game. He admittedly saved himself for the Playoffs, which you could look at it different ways. Should he have not played that much in the regular season if he was gonna pass up wide-open shots and let the rest of the team form more chemistry without him? Was it good that he played with them and took it kinda easy on his body?etc.

Before that big injury Chris Paul had a fire to him. He still puts up numbers and leads his teams to enough wins that would be understandable why somebody would think he deserves to be high in the MVP votes, but his fire, which is important, doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I think Chris Paul in his prime would have had a much better chance beating the Spurs.

As of now I'm going by what I've seen a lot on the Hornets and some on the Clippers. I want to watch more games of his, then I'll give my opinion on him currently.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Jan 06, 2013 at 16:00.

^ That's basically exactly what I mean. That competitive edge, hunger, fire etc whatever you want to call it just isn't there in most games I've watched.

He had a bit of swagger in the Laker game but nothing impressive, but then last night he totally turned it on and looked just like the old CP3.

I think you're right that after the injury he's just keeping things on the low until he has to turn it on. But I think you gotta release that intensity more often, to be a leading MVP candidate.