• Dwight Howard

0 0%
  • Steve Novak

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the 2012-13 MVP thus far?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nba Logo Who's the 2012-13 MVP thus far?

Vote or die.

I got Chris Paul, with Kevin Durant and LeBron at the second and Melo following.

12th man

Lightbulb Nba mvp

poll added.

Damn. Chris Paul has made me a believer. MVP play in the first half so far. 12 points 11 assists so far and a buzzer beater over Kobe. This Clippers team is scary deep, probably even deeper than our Knicks.

12th man

MVP thus far...

Meh, Chris Paul having a dominating performance against Nash and Morris isn't that impressive to me.

He's definitely in the race, he makes the Clippers what they are. His numbers are too weak for MVP imho, he just doesn't play enough minutes.

12th man

Originally Posted by smokes
    Meh, Chris Paul having a dominating performance against Nash and Morris isn't that impressive to me.

He's definitely in the race, he makes the Clippers what they are. His numbers are too weak for MVP imho, he just doesn't play enough minutes.
    This ain't fantasy basketball baby.

Paul does have a 25 PER tho, so it's far from weak.
    Paul is 4th in PER behind James, Durant, Bryant and Melo and PER isn't really the best stat to measure a player totally, but Paul can probably have a higher PER If he played more, he shoots a high percentage, gets a lot of steals, good rebounder for a 6 foot guy and normally scores 20 ppg with over 10 assist.

You gotta give it to Paul just based on the impact he delivered on the team in such very little usage. His USG is only 21, which is an insane rate of efficiency without dominating the ball so much. Paul really distinguishes himself amongst the rest.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Peep it out, it's really interesting to consider.

Paul should of won the MVP in 2008.

Also to consider with Paul on the floor, Los Angeles' offense scores 11.5 points more per 100 possessions than they do when he's riding the bench. He's assisting on 45 percent of his team's field goals when in the game (second behind Rajon Rondo) and is second in win shares (6.3) behind Durant. Paul is also holding opposing point guards to a PER of 11.2 per 48 minutes. Basically all around the most effective player this season in terms of impact.

I won't be upset if Durant or James or Anthony or Duncan or even Bryant wins the award, all have excellent arguments and cases for why they're MVP's.

12th man

I'm kinda hyped now, gonna try to trade for Paul in the KnicksOnline league

Just look at this game. Chris Paul hit 1 shot in the last 5 minutes of a very close game which they could easily have lost if D12 didn't go get himself fouled out on a bad foul.

CP3 is great but Melo, Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Tim Duncan are all a level above him in terms of players who WIN games for you.

I'd even throw Harden into that group.

Steve Nash averaged 15.5 pts and 11.5 assists during his first MVP campaign in 2005. Chris Paul's numbers this year are pretty darn close at 16.3ppg and 9.2apg. Plus, when you factor in his superiority over Nash in terms of defense (CP3 leads the league in steals @ 2.7 spg), then a strong case can be made for Paul as this year's Most Valuable Player.

Having said all that, as much as I hate to say it, I think LeBron deserves MVP this year once again (Well, so far into the season at least). Considering the fact that he has lead the HEAT into the best record in the East and that his team relies on his production so much this year (Wade and Bosh have been inconsistent), Bron has my vote, sadly. 26.5ppg, 8.6rpg, 7.1apg. He does it all.

Sorry Melo.

12th man

Just look at this game. Chris Paul hit 1 shot in the last 5 minutes of a very close game which they could easily have lost if D12 didn't go get himself fouled out on a bad foul.

CP3 is great but Melo, Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Tim Duncan are all a level above him in terms of players who WIN games for you.
    I think you may be confusing game winning shots vs elite players.

Here we got Irving who's basically an all star player soon to be an elite guard with the game winner today against the Bobcats. You can say he won that game, from beginning to END.

Here you have Jamal Crawford, notorious loser for the Knicks who always shot us out of games and took a lot of losses as a Knick, here he comes up big in a sloppy game against Denver by making a crazy and almost impossible shot.

Derek Fisher, one of the worst PG's of our decade; won it big for the Lakers, but most of the credit goes to Kobe and Shaq, because if it wasn't for them, Fisher wouldn't be in the position to hit that shot. That's why clutch players get overrated a lot because people remember one play over the entire game. In deciding who's the MVP, we have to be careful how we observe these things.

These are guards who got the game winning shot at the end of the game.

But it doesn't make any sense to put Chris Paul a level below someone because he didn't make a game winning shot or something to that nature.

Especially since Paul has hit a couple of game winners in his career, especially one against an A level perimeter defender in Igoudala

Consider this.

Paul put up 33 points, 6 rebounds, 13 assist, 2 steals, and a +/- of 14+ which led all players.
    Paul shot below 50%, but the rest of his team shot well over 50%.

If Paul didn't play today, do you believe Clippers would of shot 50%? Led by combo guard Eric Bledsoe or even a little PG minutes by Jamal Crawford?

If you can answer that and consider the impact Paul has on the game, it would make sense to not to put him below Melo, Durant, LeBron, Kobe, Duncan, especially when Paul has been doing this for 6 years already.

But this LeBron's best season even better than last season...he's been really effective on defense guard PG's to PF's.

1.LeBron
    2. KD
    3. CP3
    4. Melo
    5. Kobe/Duncan

You're just putting words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about game winning shots.

CP3 is not a closer of the same calibre as the other elite players that are challenging for MVP, imo.

He scored 14 points or something in the fourth? But he only made 1 shot in the last 5 minutes with the game on the line. He didn't make any plays either. The Clippers pretty much couldn't buy a bucket and got bailed out of that game, against one of the worst defenses in the league.

No doubt Chris Paul is a great player, best PG in the league, but he's not MVP level this year either.

And this game against the Lakers he played well but as I said it's nothing to get hyped about, he beat up on possibly the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA, but couldn't do anything except hit intentional foul free throws down the stretch.

I got Durant so far slightly ahead of Lebron. It will come down to these two at the end, I think Durant will win.
    Oh and btw what is Kobe doing in the poll? Lakers probably won't even make the playoffs this year.

12th man

You're just putting words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about game winning shots.

CP3 is not a closer of the same calibre as the other elite players that are challenging for MVP, imo.

He scored 14 points or something in the fourth? But he only made 1 shot in the last 5 minutes with the game on the line. He didn't make any plays either. The Clippers pretty much couldn't buy a bucket and got bailed out of that game, against one of the worst defenses in the league.

No doubt Chris Paul is a great player, best PG in the league, but he's not MVP level this year either.

And this game against the Lakers he played well but as I said it's nothing to get hyped about, he beat up on possibly the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA, but couldn't do anything except hit intentional foul free throws down the stretch.
    That's just a huge contradiction. Clippers would of lost the game without Paul's performance.

Chris Paul isn't a closer? You really have no substance to that back that up, seems very subjective...I'll drop more facts on ya.

From last season, if Paul does what he does in the fourth quarter for an entire game, here's his statline: 28.7 points, 8.2 assists, 3.2 steals on 50 percent shooting per 36 minutes. It all adds up to an astronomical 38.7 PER.

Chris Paul is the best guard in the NBA and when healthy, he's easily elite.

If you don't believe my words, here's a video of Mr. 4th quarter

I'll take Paul over 99% players in the NBA not named LeBron James.

BTW, Paul orchestrated one of the greatest comebacks in NBA postseason history, leading the Clippers on a 28-3 run to finish the game en route to a reality-defying one-point win in Memphis at the 2012 Playoffs.

Along the way, CP3 proved once more why there's no one better to lead a CLUB in the clutch. He's undeniable.

Actually they probably wouldnt have lost no, anyone can hit intentional foul free throws. Even if they would have lost it would be because the clippers are freaking awful without cp3... Doesn't mean he's a good closer it means he's the only player who remotely resembles a closer on their team.

Sorry but scoring multiple free throws when your team is up 4-6 points is not clutch to me. If you watched that game and thought it was a clutch performance from him idk what to say.

I'm really not interested in manipulated stats or videos of a particular game, I've watched several clipper games this year while following Bledsoe and for the most part cp3 is shying away from taking or making big shots. Not MVP behaviour.