Knicks V Boston - Mon, Jan 7: Out with the old, in with the older.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Since when could Shump shoot from anywhere?

He definitely can. Whether or not his shots go in, on the other hand, is a different matter.

Shump is a good defender who will be a key part of the Knicks for a while. But let's not kid ourselves. He's not a great shooter yet, his shot selection definitely needs work, and he's not ever going to be a super-elite floor general type passer. But he's got potential to be a great player who just gets into the lane and makes things happen.

If he can ever develop a mid-range game...oh man.

CA7

Scoring Champ
People forget how he and Tyson's play is why we were winning during "Linsanity"

Shump is invaluable I just want him to gain as much knowledge from Kidd because he'll basically a better version of what Kidd is now in the coming years!!!

thank you, it wasn't all Lin, Novak, JR and Jeffries all played key roles as well

knicksin60

Starter
Expect the Celtics to be very motivated for this game. They are only 1 win away from getting to .500 and in the back of their mind they believe that they're good enough to catch up with the Knicks and make a run to the finals. I expect Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo to bring their A game.

The Knicks can't afford to have a slow start with the way that the Celtics are capable of turning up their defense throughout the game. Kidd and Prigioni need to play their best defense against Rondo and Melo needs to continue being Melo.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Let Prigs put up 38 pts in a game (Lin 2x) and we can talk.

Let Lin win Olympic gold, multiple awards and championships throughout his career then he should talk to Pablo. The fact that Pablo has been recruited for years to come to the NBA and no one wanted Jeremy Lin at first, second and third glance shows shows he has a lot of work to do still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knicksin60

Starter
Another Jeremy Lin debate? The Knicks are 23-10 and are having one of their best seasons in more than 12 years and we are talking about a player who is no longer relevant to the NY basketball scene? I don't know why many Knicks fans act like the Knicks losing Lin was equivalent to the Cleveland Cavaliers losing Lebron James.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Don't you remember when Melo came back from injury last season and Linsanity was in full effect? Lin did a terrible job finding Melo, the best offensive option on the team, throughout every game. Melo would score measly numbers of 14, 16, 18 points. Lin's inability to feed Melo was evident when Lin got injured and Melo started playing monster bball to carry us to a playoff spot.

Being able to put up more points doesn't mean he's a better point guard. It's all about being able to set up teammates for easy and comfortable baskets. I think Prigs does a better job distributing the ball quickly in order to find the open man or the best player on the court.

Lin = better scorer
Prig = better passer = better PG

He's done it for years and years in Euroleague basketball, and has been the starting PG for a very talented Argentina team in FIBA and the Olympics, I think its safe to say that he's got more skills as a PG than Lin, who I admit still has a lot of potential for improvement.

I remember very well that Lin was ignoring Melo for some reason, when he came back from the injury. Lin was still taking too many shots with Melo on the court and was not passing the ball to him as much as he should have.
I really think that caused friction between those two, and i believe that the decision to let Lin go was influenced by Melo.
Antonys comment about rediculous contract for Lin supports my suspicion.
Lin should have been kissing Melos ass, because it was Melo, who told clueless Dumbtony to give Lin a chance to play.

Back to topic. Seldicks always bring their A game against us, especially Pierce and Rondo. But this is a different Knicks they will be dealing with.
I only hope we dont start slow like we have been lately. Nothing but a doubble digit blowout will satisfy me.

metrocard

Legend
Let Lin win Olympic gold, multiple awards and championships throughout his career then he should talk to Pablo. The fact that Pablo has been recruited for years to come to the NBA and no one wanted Jeremy Lin at first, second and third glance shows shows he has a lot of work to do still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a strongass post...I have to rep.

Pablo - 1
Jeremy - 0

metrocard

Legend
just-bring-it-o.gif

bigapple

Starter
goldberg-spears-rock-o.gif

if Pablo could switch off Parker so he can also switch off Rondo.

I dont expect blow out but i want WIN Knicks over Cetics with MSG crowd reation + hope refs wont help C's
goldberg-spears-rock.html

deamon

Benchwarmer
Pierce always was crying bad boy.
Garnett was normal guy, but when he came to BOS changed into next idiot. Next was Rondo.

Knicks have to win this game!:gony:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Take nothing for granted Rondo or not C's are trying to prove they are still relevant scoring a win tonight would be big

We need to start a solid win streak to regain momentum so we need to play this game like its last year's Celtics and we got something to prove

bigapple

Starter
i wanted vs Boston with Rondo but now its much easier

anyway Pacers Bulls coming

but TNT 24.01 will be @ their floor with Rondo