Knicks V Boston - Mon, Jan 7: Out with the old, in with the older.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo. Good job. Good effort.
cripes.gif

mafra

Legend
Knicks are now 4-19 against BOS the last 23 games... yikes!

Let's be honest, anyone confident we advance beyond the first round this year, if we have to play BOS? Or even BKLN?

What about a 2nd round matchup vs the Bulls?

All this talk about facing MIA in the Conf Finals should be put on hold.

While I am sure we'll actually win a playoff game this season.... I think if we face BOS (1st round) or CHI (2nd round)... I think it's 50/50 we survive.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Watched second half of the game and from what i saw Melo's bad shooting night is what cost us the game. Was something like 20%, when our best players has one of those nights you need everybody else to be perfect to make up for it. D didn't make it up and we lost.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer

Let's be honest, anyone confident we advance beyond the first round this year, if we have to play BOS? Or even BKLN?

While I am sure we'll actually win a playoff game this season.... I think if we face BOS (1st round) or CHI (2nd round)... I think it's 50/50 we survive.

I agree with you on this, I think the offense is straight even if not perfect, but the defense has to be there for us to beat these teams. I wanna see how much impact Shumpert will have on our overall defense when he returns, might be the missing piece. Having Sheed back would be nice too. One can only hope !

groundpilot

Benchwarmer

The way we are playing since last month and now, i am not confident we even get out of the first round. And it doesnt metter who we will play.
I am a big Melo supporter, but after watching him losing control and throwing away a very important game like that, i am very dissapointed.
He showed last night that he is not a true leader of this team that can lead us to the title. Obviously he is a tremendous player who had a very bad night performance wise, but you cant lose control like that, no matter what that POS Garnet had to say.
I am sure he did it on purpouse, to get into Melos head and he did.
I will not be surprised if another POS D.Rivers gave a very specific instructions to his players.
We need a leader on the court, but i dont see one right now. It starts with the head coach and the point guard.
Ray Felton started this season at a very high level, like he had something to prove and he did, untill after that Game in Miami. He played like a superstar and we blew out them in Miami because of Felton. Actually the reason we still have such a good record is besause of him.
Then, something happened in his head, he decided that he is a superstar now, and forgot what he was doing before, started to take too many shots instead of running the offence.
I know he is not playing now, but we need that Felton before the Miami game, not the one we saw after.
Kidd is too old and slow, Pablo is a nice player, but he is not taking us anywere.
We will see, maybe Felton realizes what needs to be done by a floor general, maybe Shumpert will be back in the starting line up soon, maybe Stat will start to play like a $100 million man, maybe we start playing the D we were playing before december, maybe.......
A lot of unanswered questions right now but i would not press the panic button yet.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Apparently that ahole said that LaLa tasted like honey nut cheerios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think we played well without Felton and Melo contributions.

We have about 50 games left, we didn't even get half way through the season and people are already showing their doubt,smh. We played a veteran team and lost, it happens. This lost will only inspire the Knicks to play better.

There is no doubt in my mind we can put away the Celtics and any other team in a season series, we are built for it, built to adapt by utilising the many talents and experienced players we have. Anyone can lose on any giving night during the season. (The wizards just beat OKC)Sometimes you're hot sometimes you're not. Atleast we find out early in the season who will be the guys to step up when needed.

The team is still feeling itself out, and we have all the qualities and fodder for a good story to read in the end. "The bizarre injuries, the personalities, the drive, the heart, the fire that seems to be ignited and douse with and without the passionate play".

The Knicks are in a very good position and having losts like these to veteran teams can do a lot more good than bad in the long wrong. Melo just needs to control his emotions more and use that energy to create opportunities for his teamates. He should know by now certain players need to talk smack to help their game (Garnett). When Melo realizes this, he'll be fine, when he relizes his shot is off for the night he needs to KNOW when to step up his other parts of his game and get his teammates envolved more.

Passionate games like this are often won thru the intangables such as making smarter decisions under pressure, unselfishness, and patience. Coach woody will also learn from this lost. I don't like losing but this one will fuel the knicks fire. they'll be fine.

deamon

Benchwarmer
What, Melo couldn't cool even after game? Teenager behavior.
Veterans from BOS schooled him. Garnett provoke him and Pierce showed how to play at PO level, keep cold blood and shot under pressing.
You can score 40+ during RS, but if you miss shots against agressive defense, don't keep cold blood, you don't win in PO.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Pathetic the amount of folks jumping off the bandwagon.

those same folks better keep off the fookin bandwagon when we're rolling in the spring. Did people think the Knicks were going to end up with 70 wins? Adversity is inevitable, it's the best thing that can happen to any team with aspirations of success in the spring. Knicks now in that situation, I have no doubt we'll be better for it come the playoffs.

Funny some "fans" demand this team man up in face of adversity yet they all but have losing in sweep come the playoffs.... smh!!!!

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
LOL.. what? That insult is so dumb I don't even know how you could get mad about that.

yeah really dumb, you'd think Melo was 8 years old and some kid made fun of his momma. I think the trigger was that Garnett said "Lala tastes like honey nut cherios" instead of "your wife". Melo probably felt all warm and fuzzy about Garnett knowing her name and thinking about eating her out

deamon

Benchwarmer
Nobody expected 70 or 60 wins. We have offensive problems against agressive defense. Good defense wins title.
This game was good lesson, we will see Melo can learn. He has to calm down, he can't shot for his own. Behavior like old Melo, didn't pass, had to finish his own war. I hate Celtics too, they are trashtalkers, dirty players, but you can't react like Melo did. Time to grow up, ignore opponent player's trashtalk and play the best for your team.
Woody has to mobilize this team how to play defense, and find better draws for our offense against good defense. Even Kidd couldn't create something smart against BOS def, Woody has to find solution.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I'm just looking for the Knicks to win the division and be healthy for round 1 of the playoffs. At that point anything can happen and we all saw how the Knicks can play when they focus on defense so work out the kinks now when it doesn't count and get it together, it's all good

Rob Low

Rotation player
I don't know about any of ya'll but a dude tells me had sex with my wife and mother of my child he's getting his jaw shattered.

CoolClyde

so I guess the gameplan to beat the Knicks now is to insult Melo, because he doesn't
like to be dissed, and it will affect his game.

and Melo lovers will defend him every step of the way. smh.

no one's jumping off the Melo bandwagon, every fan who bleeds O&B wants Melo to perform
at his highest level to take the Knicks to the crown.

it ain't gonna happen when he's so easily dissed.

props to Garnett and Pierce for figuring that out.

p0nder

Starter
I don't know about any of ya'll but a dude tells me had sex with my wife and mother of my child he's getting his jaw shattered.

This right here. **** your "oh he should of kept his cool" bull****. I'm a grown ass man and if someone said that **** to me, i'd be collecting some teeth.

Probably doesn't help that supposedly Melo and LaLa are "separated" right now. That's hard for anyone to deal with, without media and opposing players shouting **** like this in your ear.

Regardless The NBA is supposed to be a professional league held to the highest standard. It's not some ****ing high school court or the blacktop corner courts. KG should grow the **** up.

KG, Rondo and Pierce are diva's and bitches. Completely entitled *******s who think the sun shines out their ass cause they got 1 ring after colluding to get to Beantown (with ray ray who bolted after rondo proved to be too much of a pain in the ass). KG knows that Melo outclasses their entire team on his own so he plays dirty and talks smack talk about another man's wife and baby momma. He's a chump and a coward. Wouldn't talk to Melo face to face like a man, wouldn't face him after the game. He's a straight up b!tch pu$sy.

Melo knows that he let his emotions effect his game. He knows he can't let the negativity in on him. I know that this is the kind of thing that will only prove to motivate Melo. He's not gonna let people get under his skin like that from now on. And in fact he's gonna step it up and continue his MVP campaign. KG just kicked the hornets nest here and he's gonna regret it. His career is done and he's going out like a chump.

Can't wait for the next Boston game. I know Melo and the Knicks can't either.

metrocard

Legend
This right here. **** your "oh he should of kept his cool" bull****. I'm a grown ass man and if someone said that **** to me, i'd be collecting some teeth.

Probably doesn't help that supposedly Melo and LaLa are "separated" right now. That's hard for anyone to deal with, without media and opposing players shouting **** like this in your ear.

Regardless The NBA is supposed to be a professional league held to the highest standard. It's not some ****ing high school court or the blacktop corner courts. KG should grow the **** up.

KG, Rondo and Pierce are diva's and bitches. Completely entitled *******s who think the sun shines out their ass cause they got 1 ring after colluding to get to Beantown (with ray ray who bolted after rondo proved to be too much of a pain in the ass). KG knows that Melo outclasses their entire team on his own so he plays dirty and talks smack talk about another man's wife and baby momma. He's a chump and a coward. Wouldn't talk to Melo face to face like a man, wouldn't face him after the game. He's a straight up b!tch pu$sy.

Melo knows that he let his emotions effect his game. He knows he can't let the negativity in on him. I know that this is the kind of thing that will only prove to motivate Melo. He's not gonna let people get under his skin like that from now on. And in fact he's gonna step it up and continue his MVP campaign. KG just kicked the hornets nest here and he's gonna regret it. His career is done and he's going out like a chump.

Can't wait for the next Boston game. I know Melo and the Knicks can't either.

100% powerful truth here.

Anyone who credits Pierce/Garnett need to re-check themselves. These guys are nothing but jackoffs and the league would be a better place without them.

CoolClyde

100% powerful truth here.

Anyone who credits Pierce/Garnett need to re-check themselves. These guys are nothing but jackoffs and the league would be a better place without them.

as true as that may be, Pierceclit/Garknee showed they know how to play the mental game,
you can't take that away from them.

Melo showed he can't take the diss "Lala tastes like honey nut cheerios", and he is personally
responsible for losing a key game to an EC opponent.

i've re-checked myself and I feel the same way. Melo needs to grow up. The Clit and the Knee will
forever be enemies of the O&B, ala Reggie Millears, but they have proven to come thru in the clutch
over and over. whatever.