Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 272

Thread: Knicks V Boston - Mon, Jan 7: Out with the old, in with the older.

  1. #16
    Member deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Just wait for Shump and Brewer minutes will be limited or he will be out of rotation. Smith has to come from bench if you want win. Why he should be starter when even as bench player he plays more minutes than Brewer?
    We have two scorers: Melo and JR Smith. Smith deserves to be a starter , but we need him from bench, Amare isn't an option now when Melo rest.

  2. #17
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think Smith's role is perfect for him, I want Shumpert to start because that's our future, best perimeter defender and we can't forget how he and Melo saved our season last year when Linsanity died.

  3. #18
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Iman will change alot he is young he can shot from anywhere he is athletic and very motivated. Very soon Knicks roster will be completed

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Since when could Shump shoot from anywhere?

  5. #20
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I think Smith's role is perfect for him, I want Shumpert to start because that's our future, best perimeter defender and we can't forget how he and Melo saved our season last year when Linsanity died.

    People forget how he and Tyson's play is why we were winning during "Linsanity"

    Shump is invaluable I just want him to gain as much knowledge from Kidd because he'll basically a better version of what Kidd is now in the coming years!!!

  6. #21
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Man I want them to bust the Celtics's asses for the 2010 playoffs still...

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Since when could Shump shoot from anywhere?
    He definitely can. Whether or not his shots go in, on the other hand, is a different matter.

    Shump is a good defender who will be a key part of the Knicks for a while. But let's not kid ourselves. He's not a great shooter yet, his shot selection definitely needs work, and he's not ever going to be a super-elite floor general type passer. But he's got potential to be a great player who just gets into the lane and makes things happen.

    If he can ever develop a mid-range game...oh man.

  8. #23
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    People forget how he and Tyson's play is why we were winning during "Linsanity"

    Shump is invaluable I just want him to gain as much knowledge from Kidd because he'll basically a better version of what Kidd is now in the coming years!!!
    thank you, it wasn't all Lin, Novak, JR and Jeffries all played key roles as well

  9. #24
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Expect the Celtics to be very motivated for this game. They are only 1 win away from getting to .500 and in the back of their mind they believe that they're good enough to catch up with the Knicks and make a run to the finals. I expect Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo to bring their A game.

    The Knicks can't afford to have a slow start with the way that the Celtics are capable of turning up their defense throughout the game. Kidd and Prigioni need to play their best defense against Rondo and Melo needs to continue being Melo.

  10. #25
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Let Prigs put up 38 pts in a game (Lin 2x) and we can talk.
    Let Lin win Olympic gold, multiple awards and championships throughout his career then he should talk to Pablo. The fact that Pablo has been recruited for years to come to the NBA and no one wanted Jeremy Lin at first, second and third glance shows shows he has a lot of work to do still.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Another Jeremy Lin debate? The Knicks are 23-10 and are having one of their best seasons in more than 12 years and we are talking about a player who is no longer relevant to the NY basketball scene? I don't know why many Knicks fans act like the Knicks losing Lin was equivalent to the Cleveland Cavaliers losing Lebron James.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Don't you remember when Melo came back from injury last season and Linsanity was in full effect? Lin did a terrible job finding Melo, the best offensive option on the team, throughout every game. Melo would score measly numbers of 14, 16, 18 points. Lin's inability to feed Melo was evident when Lin got injured and Melo started playing monster bball to carry us to a playoff spot.

    Being able to put up more points doesn't mean he's a better point guard. It's all about being able to set up teammates for easy and comfortable baskets. I think Prigs does a better job distributing the ball quickly in order to find the open man or the best player on the court.

    Lin = better scorer
    Prig = better passer = better PG

    He's done it for years and years in Euroleague basketball, and has been the starting PG for a very talented Argentina team in FIBA and the Olympics, I think its safe to say that he's got more skills as a PG than Lin, who I admit still has a lot of potential for improvement.
    I remember very well that Lin was ignoring Melo for some reason, when he came back from the injury. Lin was still taking too many shots with Melo on the court and was not passing the ball to him as much as he should have.
    I really think that caused friction between those two, and i believe that the decision to let Lin go was influenced by Melo.
    Antonys comment about rediculous contract for Lin supports my suspicion.
    Lin should have been kissing Melos ass, because it was Melo, who told clueless Dumbtony to give Lin a chance to play.

    Back to topic. Seldicks always bring their A game against us, especially Pierce and Rondo. But this is a different Knicks they will be dealing with.
    I only hope we dont start slow like we have been lately. Nothing but a doubble digit blowout will satisfy me.

  13. #28
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Let Lin win Olympic gold, multiple awards and championships throughout his career then he should talk to Pablo. The fact that Pablo has been recruited for years to come to the NBA and no one wanted Jeremy Lin at first, second and third glance shows shows he has a lot of work to do still.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This was a strongass post...I have to rep.

    Pablo - 1
    Jeremy - 0

  14. #29
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    In respect to the celdicks, here's a tribute of their classy greenmen











    Rondo is a ****.

  15. #30
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


Similar Threads

  1. Knicks 2012-2013 FULL SCHEDULE
    By NYk_Reloaded718 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Aug 28, 2012, 03:59
  2. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 01:47
  3. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 19:22
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. Boston & Nets vs Knicks
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2007, 10:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •