Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: We need this

  1. #16
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Kidd's weaknesses are showing at the 1. He's too slow to get in the lane, and when guarding quicker PG's he;s getting beat (to be fair so too was Felt, but Felt gets in the lane much better). He's better at the off-guard making one if two quick decisions; shoot or pass.

    And yeah, IF they are our problem there's nothing more we can do. But so far two of them have contributed to a solid start, and Shump has the potential.

    When considering us clicking on all cylinders, the good should outweigh the bad.

    *BTW Felton's decline coincides with a broken hand(s) injury. Can't fault him for being tough and competitive knowing we have talent to replace him.
    Those who bash Felton for whatever the reason can't see what he brings us beyond what he puts out statistically.

    Felton's drives puts tremendous pressure on oppossing D which opens so much for other players.

    before Kidd hit that 3 to beat The Nets Felton sucked the D in on penetration then the ball was kicked to Kidd for a 3! This is what Ray brings

    A PG who gets into the lane and can pass (and has a finisher like Tyson) is a nightmare now add that with the other nightmare for opposing D's in the form of Melo and it is easy to see why we got out to that fast start.

    Kidd and Pablo are not PG's who breakdown they D they penetrate on Pick and Rolls and pump fakes

    Felton is not a flawless PG, shot selection and passes are questionable to say the least sometimes and there are times on D that I wanna just cry because his man has made the most basics of slashes or drives and gotten to the hoop....but he still is a very valuable player for us.

    He's not just quicker than Pablo and Kidd but a much better finisher around the basket...again there still leaves some to be desired since he does blow some layups (usually at the worst times) but no other PG we have gets to the hoop as good as him and even when he misses Tyson can usually tap out, rebound and go back up or dunk it back in.


    Great Thread Red!

    Sheed is missed

    Shump for sure is missed; all I can think about it is imagine if he never got hurt got that playoff experience against The Heat and had an entire off season to get better...for-get-a-bout-it!!!!!

    Felton is sorely missed!

  2. #17
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is where I really feel like as fans we jinxed ourselves.

    We're putting too much hope on an average PG like Felton.

    He ain't Tony Parker baby.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Ray is a better fit for a team with scorers than he is for a team without them. Here, in NY, he has an easy job to do. Just dish it, he knows Amare and Chandler well when it comes to the pick and roll and he has the ability to break down the defense from time to time.
    I have never expected much from him other than 10 pts and 7or8 dimes a game. Hes even playing some decent defense that should get better as the season carries on. On this current roster he is a great fit, he just needs to hold back a bit in the shooting department, let the game find you while you get everyone else involved.

  4. #19
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    This is where I really feel like as fans we jinxed ourselves.

    We're putting too much hope on an average PG like Felton.

    He ain't Tony Parker baby.
    1. I think Ray is an above average PG

    but that's where people have gotten really mixed up with the influx of superstar PG's in the past 7 years or so....your PG is not meant to be your star but rather a catalyst (like Red put it) for your team.

    When you have a Superstar like Melo who puts so much pressure on other teams then you just need a steady hand at PG

    Look at the past 5 NBA champions

    Boston
    Lakers
    Lakers
    Dallas
    Miami

    Rondo was just a sophomore and still finding his way when Boston won so it was not superior PG play that won it for them but rather a steady floor general managing the talent around him (like I said Felton is for us)

    Derrick Fisher too was just a heady PG who Quarterbacked a ton of talent

    Kidd was beyond Superstar years w/ Dallas averaging 8 pts 8 assist and shooting .360 from field

    and we all know that Chalmers is just a role player (albeit an important one just like Raymond is for us) for his team.

    Does a star PG hurt? no! Just not necessary


    would I love a Toney Parker or Chris Paul....of course!

    But I'd also take Patrick Ewing over Tyson at the center position! LOL

    Felton isn't an elite PG but plenty good for the talent that we have.

    Raymond has been the best Knick PG in the past 4 seasons and had we not had to give him up in that trade w Denver he Amare and Melo wouldve gotten us past Boston in the first round of the playoffs in 2010!

    The proof of his worth is our play since he went down.

  5. #20
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    1. I think Ray is an above average PG

    but that's where people have gotten really mixed up with the influx of superstar PG's in the past 7 years or so....your PG is not meant to be your star but rather a catalyst (like Red put it) for your team.

    When you have a Superstar like Melo who puts so much pressure on other teams then you just need a steady hand at PG

    Look at the past 5 NBA champions

    Boston
    Lakers
    Lakers
    Dallas
    Miami

    Rondo was just a sophomore and still finding his way when Boston won so it was not superior PG play that won it for them but rather a steady floor general managing the talent around him (like I said Felton is for us)

    Derrick Fisher too was just a heady PG who Quarterbacked a ton of talent

    Kidd was beyond Superstar years w/ Dallas averaging 8 pts 8 assist and shooting .360 from field

    and we all know that Chalmers is just a role player (albeit an important one just like Raymond is for us) for his team.

    Does a star PG hurt? no! Just not necessary


    would I love a Toney Parker or Chris Paul....of course!

    But I'd also take Patrick Ewing over Tyson at the center position! LOL

    Felton isn't an elite PG but plenty good for the talent that we have.

    Raymond has been the best Knick PG in the past 4 seasons and had we not had to give him up in that trade w Denver he Amare and Melo wouldve gotten us past Boston in the first round of the playoffs in 2010!

    The proof of his worth is our play since he went down.
    Yeah, obviously there will be doubts until if/when Felton leads us to A Championship.

    I see it as "fit". Does your PG perpetuate your plan? If our plan is to "get our stars involved" as they are the major parts of our offense, then yes Raymond is better than many "shoot-first" guards. He sees the floor well, uses the alley, and can knock down his shot. He embodies the toughness we want.

    On D i'd say those mentioned above are not liabilities either. That's where Felt can improve. But as a priority getting his team involved, not being a liability on D both go beofre scoring. Ray can get in the lane also b/c he's quick, but his injuries limited him.

  6. #21
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You definitely should consider changing your screen name to Redmond Felton, j/k.

  7. #22
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    You definitely should consider changing your screen name to Redmond Felton, j/k.

    3 more games till Felton returns. What's the status on Sheed?

  8. #23
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    3 more games till Felton returns. What's the status on Sheed?
    I just posted it. Possibly season ending. I'm a bit down.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I just posted it. Possibly season ending. I'm a bit down.
    This is breaking, Sheed has so much playoff experience and success playing in prime time...these injuries are haunting us and making it a struggle to be the top team in the East.

    I wonder what Kurt Thomas can give us.

  10. #25
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    3 more games till Felton returns. What's the status on Sheed?
    Not sure if we will ever see Sheed in a Knicks uniform again. Hopefully he can give it at least one more run before he hangs it up for good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •