Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Crazy 8's vs Metrocard

  1. #1
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,479
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Crazy 8's vs Metrocard

    I have mixed feelings about the feud going on between Crazy 8's and Metrocard. I respect both of them and feel the site isn't the same without either one of them. Metro was banned awhile back and came back guns ablazing, and earned himself the moderator role he wanted to help the forum along.

    Crazy 8's has been one of the most creative, profuse posters in recent memory, and his game threads are classic works of intensity and research.

    Feuds have long been one of the necessary factors on KO. hell, the forum is all about opinions; arguments are bound to ensue, and feuds to follow.

    However, with both Metro and 8's each having the power of MODERATOR, one has accused the other of deleting their posts and threads that evidently struck a nerve, leading 8's to his decision to leave the forum, start his own website, and most importantly, leave on a bad note.

    Perhaps moderators shouldn't have the ability to move/delete other moderator's posts/threads, and leave that to godhead Rady. just a thought.

    I've been friends with Crazy 8's for years on this forum, and that has extended to PM's, facebook, email and beyond. I truly think he's way creative and a fantastic asset to this forum. He's gone above and beyond with his game threads, started making videos, and cruised to other sites to recruit others to KO. I commend him for his effort.

    I've been following Metrocard since I joined at the beginning of the Antoni regime, I've watched and cringed as he tore apart posters who got on his case, and I've had my own disagreements with him that I felt were better left to fizzle in the ether, rather than build to a personal vendetta.

    Unfortunately, Crazy 8's current argument with Metrocard relates to both of them having moderator power and taking the argument past personal name-calling and actually moving sh*t around, deleting, etc.

    I refuse to take a side in this matter, but I wish them both the best, and when/if 8's actually starts a new site, I told him I'm happy to contribute. but in the grand scheme of things, I hope he'll stay at KO, get past the bullsh*it, and work things out with Metrocard.

    it doesn't make sense to have bad vibes on this site, it's all about the Knicks, Melo, Wood Son, the playoffs, and bleeding Orange and Blue. but most importantly, it's about sharing opinions, agreeing, disagreeing and moving forward to the next game, the next week, the team becoming the best they can be with STAT and SHUMP coming back strong, and this forum naturally getting stronger as Knicks gain strength as well.

    that's my take. it's getting a bit ridiculous seeing both of them eating up different threads with this matter, perhaps we can leave it here in this thread? IMHO.

  2. #2
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I have mixed feelings about the feud going on between Crazy 8's and Metrocard. I respect both of them and feel the site isn't the same without either one of them. Metro was banned awhile back and came back guns ablazing, and earned himself the moderator role he wanted to help the forum along.

    Crazy 8's has been one of the most creative, profuse posters in recent memory, and his game threads are classic works of intensity and research.

    Feuds have long been one of the necessary factors on KO. hell, the forum is all about opinions; arguments are bound to ensue, and feuds to follow.

    However, with both Metro and 8's each having the power of MODERATOR, one has accused the other of deleting their posts and threads that evidently struck a nerve, leading 8's to his decision to leave the forum, start his own website, and most importantly, leave on a bad note.

    Perhaps moderators shouldn't have the ability to move/delete other moderator's posts/threads, and leave that to godhead Rady. just a thought.

    I've been friends with Crazy 8's for years on this forum, and that has extended to PM's, facebook, email and beyond. I truly think he's way creative and a fantastic asset to this forum. He's gone above and beyond with his game threads, started making videos, and cruised to other sites to recruit others to KO. I commend him for his effort.

    I've been following Metrocard since I joined at the beginning of the Antoni regime, I've watched and cringed as he tore apart posters who got on his case, and I've had my own disagreements with him that I felt were better left to fizzle in the ether, rather than build to a personal vendetta.

    Unfortunately, Crazy 8's current argument with Metrocard relates to both of them having moderator power and taking the argument past personal name-calling and actually moving sh*t around, deleting, etc.

    I refuse to take a side in this matter, but I wish them both the best, and when/if 8's actually starts a new site, I told him I'm happy to contribute. but in the grand scheme of things, I hope he'll stay at KO, get past the bullsh*it, and work things out with Metrocard.

    it doesn't make sense to have bad vibes on this site, it's all about the Knicks, Melo, Wood Son, the playoffs, and bleeding Orange and Blue. but most importantly, it's about sharing opinions, agreeing, disagreeing and moving forward to the next game, the next week, the team becoming the best they can be with STAT and SHUMP coming back strong, and this forum naturally getting stronger as Knicks gain strength as well.

    that's my take. it's getting a bit ridiculous seeing both of them eating up different threads with this matter, perhaps we can leave it here in this thread? IMHO.
    Pretty much my thoughts and this part is the major thing, mods should not moderate each other.

    Let's all be friends!


  3. #3
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This has escalated fast, and kinda pushes me into taking some actions. For the time being metro's moderator status on the main forum has been revoked, Crazy8s' as well (he asked me for this a couple of days ago anyway).

  4. #4
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I have mixed feelings about the feud going on between Crazy 8's and Metrocard. I respect both of them and feel the site isn't the same without either one of them. Metro was banned awhile back and came back guns ablazing, and earned himself the moderator role he wanted to help the forum along.

    Crazy 8's has been one of the most creative, profuse posters in recent memory, and his game threads are classic works of intensity and research.

    Feuds have long been one of the necessary factors on KO. hell, the forum is all about opinions; arguments are bound to ensue, and feuds to follow.

    However, with both Metro and 8's each having the power of MODERATOR, one has accused the other of deleting their posts and threads that evidently struck a nerve, leading 8's to his decision to leave the forum, start his own website, and most importantly, leave on a bad note.

    Perhaps moderators shouldn't have the ability to move/delete other moderator's posts/threads, and leave that to godhead Rady. just a thought.

    I've been friends with Crazy 8's for years on this forum, and that has extended to PM's, facebook, email and beyond. I truly think he's way creative and a fantastic asset to this forum. He's gone above and beyond with his game threads, started making videos, and cruised to other sites to recruit others to KO. I commend him for his effort.

    I've been following Metrocard since I joined at the beginning of the Antoni regime, I've watched and cringed as he tore apart posters who got on his case, and I've had my own disagreements with him that I felt were better left to fizzle in the ether, rather than build to a personal vendetta.

    Unfortunately, Crazy 8's current argument with Metrocard relates to both of them having moderator power and taking the argument past personal name-calling and actually moving sh*t around, deleting, etc.

    I refuse to take a side in this matter, but I wish them both the best, and when/if 8's actually starts a new site, I told him I'm happy to contribute. but in the grand scheme of things, I hope he'll stay at KO, get past the bullsh*it, and work things out with Metrocard.

    it doesn't make sense to have bad vibes on this site, it's all about the Knicks, Melo, Wood Son, the playoffs, and bleeding Orange and Blue. but most importantly, it's about sharing opinions, agreeing, disagreeing and moving forward to the next game, the next week, the team becoming the best they can be with STAT and SHUMP coming back strong, and this forum naturally getting stronger as Knicks gain strength as well.

    that's my take. it's getting a bit ridiculous seeing both of them eating up different threads with this matter, perhaps we can leave it here in this thread? IMHO.
    Great points. My thing is this, if you moderate you moderate the site and your personal feelings should never be involved. Even us as posters our feelings towards the poster shouldn't cause us to look at their contributions to the site any differently. I'd get in small squabbles but at the same time speak to that poster in a complete different manner then that of an arguement on a different thread.

    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Here is a video from the late Notorious B.I.G. I dedicate it to this thread.


  6. #6
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Its all cool with me no matter how hard we try not all of us are meant to get along

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Its all cool with me no matter how hard we try not all of us are meant to get along
    The only post here that makes sense.

    Everything else posted here was fluffy soft sentimental crap...

    It's an internet forum.

    and you guys are acting like Crazy8s grandmother died.

    Dude just couldn't control his temper tandrum and rage quit on the forum.

    I told you guys it's pointless to continue this discussion, sides won't reach agreement, and MSG who doesn't have his head up Crazy8s ass can actually see that.

    But Clyde wanted to CARRY this on when it wasn't needed. He totally ruined the whole idea of letting the fire die down and just ignited it again.
    You're putting too much importance into it.
    You said what you said, but what does it do? Nothing. I said what I said, and it does nothing either.
    Let it go already.



  8. #8
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    ^ actually Clyde raised a pretty good point that mods shouldn't really be moderating each other especially mods that dislike each other.

  9. #9
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    The only post here that makes sense.

    Everything else posted here was fluffy soft sentimental crap...

    It's an internet forum.

    and you guys are acting like Crazy8s grandmother died.

    Dude just couldn't control his temper tandrum and rage quit on the forum.

    I told you guys it's pointless to continue this discussion, sides won't reach agreement, and MSG who doesn't have his head up Crazy8s ass can actually see that.

    But Clyde wanted to CARRY this on when it wasn't needed. He totally ruined the whole idea of letting the fire die down and just ignited it again.
    You're putting too much importance into it.
    You said what you said, but what does it do? Nothing. I said what I said, and it does nothing either.
    Let it go already.


    No, he quit basically becasue you were deleting all of his posts.

    Because you don't know how to control yourself and abuse the little bit of moderator power you have.

    Basically you acted like a douche and couldn't handle yourself. That is why Crazy quit.

  10. #10
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default @ Rady..

    Why in God's name are you letting Metro continue to be a moderator???

    He clearly doesn't have a sense of fairness or really know where not to cross the line.

    He's also shown this as fantasy commish.

    Crazy 8's leaving is symptomatic of the above.

    Why do you just sit back and let Metro contribute nonsense to the forum? I think this is BS and you're partly to blame for a KO contributor and a damn good poster leaving.

    The site as a whole will def not be as good without Crazy 8's.

    For example, NO MORE Game threads from this dude.. That Blows.

  11. #11
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Why in God's name are you letting Metro continue to be a moderator???

    He clearly doesn't have a sense of fairness or really know where not to cross the line.

    He's also shown this as fantasy commish.

    Crazy 8's leaving is symptomatic of the above.

    Why do you just sit back and let Metro contribute nonsense to the forum? I think this is BS and you're partly to blame for a KO contributor and a damn good poster leaving.

    The site as a whole will def not be as good without Crazy 8's.

    For example, NO MORE Game threads from this dude.. That Blows.
    He is no longer moderating.

  12. #12
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Oh.. well that's good. I didn't see Rady's post above.

    Apologies.

  13. #13
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina





    Sounding like a complex ho crying over her pimpdaddy.

    Just stop posting man, not only you don't make sense....no one is really interested in your crying. You haven't gave anything to this forum recently, so stop bobbing on Crazy8's slong and become a more contributing member, I forgot you even post here.

  14. #14
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default




  15. #15
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,479
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    ^what does that even mean?

Similar Threads

  1. Knicksonline Year End Awards
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Jun 09, 2011, 10:32
  2. Is Carmelo a little crazy?
    By KnicksWillRiseAgain in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2010, 03:29
  3. Jordan Hill = Taller Balkman!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2009, 10:35
  4. CALL ME CRAZY BUT...............
    By ARKATECH in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Oct 06, 2004, 17:32
  5. CALL ME CRAZY BUT...............
    By ARKATECH in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2004, 04:35

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •