Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Metro.

I seriously think that KO should create a sticky flame war thread and whoever doesn't like eachother should duke it out in that thread. As long as posters are not doing anything against the law they should be able to speak their mind about eachother in that thread.

With the "Flame War Thread" posters should strickly keep their hatred and disdain for eachother in that thread. And whoever decides to break the rules by personally attacking someone outside of the thread should receive one warning from Rady. If they break the rules once again after getting their warning they automatically receive a 2 week ban from the site. If they happen to accumulate five temporary bans then the next ban that they receive would be a permanent ban from the site.

This idea could allow posters to disagree and speak their mind about eachother but also suffer repercussions if they take things too far.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Jan 16, 2013 at 14:35.

We've had enough beef on this site over the years to provide steak and milk for the entire western hemisphere

thank you LeFlume for the most relevant comments... chicken or beef (and NYK_Reloaded for the excellent gif),
    always a pertinent question that deserves answers and shows how irrelevant this whole feud really is.

NYK17 with a decent idea, making player threads into subforum. seems to be a source of debate that deserves attention. perhaps we'll create a thread dedicated to this debate and the best way to present player news/threads.

I'm of the opinion that KO's flavor comes from new threads, new ideas, that deserve immediate commentary, and once it dies out, move it into the player threads.

I'm also not opposed to expanding the hip hop flavor of KO, thanks Kingly Starbury for the idea.

I created a thread dedicated to Metro vs Crazy 8's, but put it into the site feedback section, where I think it belongs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But for now, this a relevant topic for a lot of posters who know and love both Metro and Crazy 8's, I guess we'll let this conversation/debate stew here for awhile, and eventually move it all together, where it will hopefully fade away and radiate as an off topic (and closed) thread.

the Knicks haven't played too much, so it's OK to have a nice dispute to liven things up, at least it brings up basic points that Metro and Crazy 8's disagreed upon, that will perhaps make KO a better place after the name-calling and bashing has died down.

props to all who have voiced an opinion.

i'm so looking forward to Knicks in London.

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Those player threads are the downfall of this site. And if we all can see that then i think a change needs to happen. Seriously in my 6 and a half years coming here I've never seen it this dead. And how is that possible the team is at its best. We should be poppin

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed. The player performance threads are trash. Give people a chance to create their very own thread and if its bad, delete it.

I use to like getting on the forum and seeing a new thread, sometimes it would be breaking news to me. Its more of an eye catcher without the player performance threads and looks better for the site imo.

Im still wondering if we can get a poll perhaps added to this thread about who the winner is. Not that it matters but just for entertainment i guess

Veteran

too much BS, everyone gtfo of here.

Seriously thou, Crazy8 and Metrocard are the 2 main guys I see everytime I come here. I guess when you finally get a winning team there really isn't much to argue about. I'm sure this spat (whatever it is) will blow over in due time, I hardly think whatever happened is that serious. You guys can figure this out, perhaps in private may be the best way to go about it.

I still believe this is a fake feud.

I don't know how Rady could just let Metro delete Crazy 8's stuff like that.

That is why he left, because Metro doesn't know how to handle himself.

It's Bull****.

This whole thing reminds me of how torn i was when The Rock feuded with Austin.

Not sure if the beef is about the player performance threads and specifically not being allowed to discuss new topics separately without them being moved to the player performance thread, thus detracting from us discussing current events without them being lost in the shuffle...

My assumption is that that came about to categorize and archive new topics. I'm sure there are other ways to achieve this while still highlight and allowing us to see and discuss new topics. Figure it out.

If it was Metro that came up with that idea, i'd say good in theory not good practically as many come here to either debate or get info. That gets lost and suffers with this idea sometimes so I understand.

And I agree, perhaps this site was banging when we could argue due to our being a struggling team. Once we started ascending, I guess some had nothing to say.

Btw I'm so glad practically everything we said was wrong and we wanted is being demonstarted while we are winning more.

Originally Posted by Starks
    This whole thing reminds me of how torn i was when The Rock feuded with Austin.
    This is comment of the year.

I don't think it's important who won the beef here, obviously KO took a huge blow at the end of the day with Crazy8's departure. I really don't think anyone's happy about that. But i respect his decision. And if he's starting his own project - like i already told him - he's got my full support. He's got mad talent, creativity and has dedicated tons of him time to make KO a better place, i can't be more thankful for that.

When i had to pick the mod crew, both him and metrocard were solid candidates and the wisest choice for me to make was to give them both a chance. I knew about their past feuds but i hoped that by giving them some responsibilities within the forum, will motivate them strong enough to keep the personal insults and rants out. I might be wrong but I still think this was the best way to handle it. What happened in the past week only proves that this incident was bound to happen sooner or later anyway, i'm just extrmely dissapointed that it happened during our best season in a decade, we should have had other concerns than flame wars between moderators.

The main thing that started all of this was the player performance threads. One of KO's biggest issues before all of this was the multiple threads on a player, the front page had 3-4 active threads about Lin or Melo and it was extremely difficult to follow the discussion. Some of them were duplicates so you gotta understand where metrocard (who brought the idea in the first place) was coming from.

While i do like to keep everything well organized and the similar discussion to go single threaded i understand the need of having separate topics, at least for the breaking news or anything that's hot. It does attract more posters here if they see new titles and the webiste gets better indexed by the search engines. That means more chances for KO to get new members.
    So the basic idea - that i've already thrown to metrocard in an earlier PM is to keep the player performance threads but if there's anything that one might think deserves its own thread, it goes separately. Once the talk is done it CAN be merged with the player performance thread but a shadow to the original thread must be left. If there's anyone who has a better solution for this problem i'm open as always to suggestions.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

As the world turns looks like I missed out on some BS. Cant wait until the London game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by rady
    I don't think it's important who won the beef here, obviously KO took a huge blow at the end of the day with Crazy8's departure.
    Metro may have won because he ran Crazy off of KOL but the rest of us are losers for not having Crazy around. That dude worked his tail off for KOL enough threads that included video compilations, game threads and Knicks news threads for the guy to draw a salary for the amount of time he put in.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Im still wondering if we can get a poll perhaps added to this thread about who the winner is. Not that it matters but just for entertainment i guess
    No winner. KOL lost ..Love your team and don't hate eachother. How hard could that be? Sad day in KOL history...