Amare cleared to play 30 minutes

smokes

Huge Member
Looks like STAT will soon be ready for a full compliment of minutes.

I expect Woody will give him another week or two to get his timing and conditioning down before re-inserting him into the starting lineup.

I really would like him to come off the bench because he will see little touches starting. But I know you don?t pay a player that much money to be coming off the bench. Hopefully, he?ll be playing better defense by that time? I do miss how Stat was hosting the block party when Wilson and Turiuf were here. Now with the addition of Chandler, Camby, Kurt and Sheed?the party should be back on with the Knicks mixtape in full rotation.
*My request to the DJ* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shxzlTRK44

knicksin60

Starter
Amar'e needs to be cleared to be traded soon. He is a liability on defense, is an injury away from being on the DL again, and is a shadow of his former self. Why must Knicks fans continue torturing themselves by putting hope in this guy? There is a better shot that Stephon Marbury will come back to the NBA and make the all-star team than there is in Amar'e becoming nearly the 20 and 8 player that he was throughout his prime.

CoolClyde

the sooner STAT gets into the starting lineup, the better.

I like Copeland getting minutes, but having Flighty Whitey or Brewski
in the starting lineup is just a waste of space.

I've been waiting all year for:

Felton/Kidd/Prig
Shump/JR/Brewer
Melo/Novak/White
STAT/Camby/Cope
Chandler/Sheed/Thomas

this could very well be our lineup by end of January!

'ello guvnah!

Paul1355

All Star
Looks like STAT will soon be ready for a full compliment of minutes.

I expect Woody will give him another week or two to get his timing and conditioning down before re-inserting him into the starting lineup.

I think starting Amare is a mistake. His niche is a backup center to throw teams off of the defense they planned for Tyson.

Amare is best at the center position and coming off the bench he is the focal point, the main scorer and the most respected.

In the starting lineup he won't be as effective because he won't get enough touches that he needs.

Melo needs to score and the Knicks favorite play is the FeltonChandler alleyoop so where does that fit Amare?

Amare can play with the starters but only for a couple of minutes.

I like Chris Copeland better as a starter because he has a more consistent outside shot and more range than Amare.

Amare is better as a low post big that draws defenders down low. However, Melo and Tyson like playing close to the basket.

Amare fits better into a lineup with Prigs at the point doing pick and rolls with JR and Novak spreading the floor by staying at 3 point line. Amare can also have a lot of help on the defensive end with Shumpert and Brewer getting spot minutes.

The bench suits Amare better in every way.

CoolClyde

Melo needs to score and the Knicks favorite play is the FeltonChandler alleyoop so where does that fit Amare?

DIS:agreed:

FeltonSTAT was one of the best plays Knicks had in previous Felton incarnation
so why not exploit a play we haven't seen in 2 years?

Felton has another option to P&R if Chandler is covered well (as Joking Noah/DwightHo have done),
whereas with STAT coming off bench, there's less minutes for the 2 of them to play together.
IMHO

smokes

Huge Member
I don't see why it's so difficult to see the three of them coexisting.

Tyson Pick and Roll, Tyson on the low block

Amare Pick and Pop/Roll, high post

Melo on the wing, if ISOing Melo goes down low and STAT pops out

It's not like I want them sharing all the floor minutes together, I agree that STAT is better suited to play backup C if/when we have a competent defensive big to play alongside him (or he isn't terrible this year).

But that doesn't mean they can't start and finish games together.

I also don't like STAT off the bench because he's not an energy player and currently he doesn't just come in and perform straight away, he needs to be on the court for a few minutes before he becomes effective. IDK if that is just the rust, since we haven't seen him in a bench role ever.

Kiyaman

Legend
Giving Stat & Shump 30 minutes of playingtime will not help our Knicks if coach Woodson keep letting Melo & JR walk the ball upcourt on every offensive-possession.

Stat should not be a shuffle-player in and out of different lineups when this is Stat's first time playing with the 9 new teammates on our Knicks.
Weeks before Stat return coach Woody kept mumblin-nervous when the subject of Stat's return was mention, now that Stat has return coach Woody is coaching nervous .. one minute we see Stat playing PF for 3 to 4 minutes then the next 3 to 4 minutes Stat is playing center, what makes this bad/nervous coaching is throughout those 8 straight minutes of Stat on the court Woody substituted 4 to 6 players in the lineup with Stat .. making sure Melo or JR is in the lineup with Stat to walk-walk the ball upcourt on offense, even on a Pablo steal at midcourt we are walking the ball.
We won 25 games this season with NO transition baskets and NO fastbreak baskets, which makes us a peremeter offensive team, not a winning-postseason team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Being a Knicks-Fan makes us over-zealous of our players

I don't see why it's so difficult to see the three of them coexisting.

Tyson Pick and Roll, Tyson on the low block

Amare Pick and Pop/Roll, high post

Melo on the wing, if ISOing Melo goes down low and STAT pops out

It's not like I want them sharing all the floor minutes together, I agree that STAT is better suited to play backup C if/when we have a competent defensive big to play alongside him (or he isn't terrible this year).

But that doesn't mean they can't start and finish games together.

I also don't like STAT off the bench because he's not an energy player and currently he doesn't just come in and perform straight away, he needs to be on the court for a few minutes before he becomes effective. IDK if that is just the rust, since we haven't seen him in a bench role ever.

Did u see the trio co-exist during the 2011-12 season?

u could put up X and O factors all day long .. but the fact of star teammates improving each other strength to make each other perform better has not happen on our Knicks .... hint .. what player performance on the USA Olympic Team did Melo performance made look great? None! Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Durant/and CP3 performance made Melo look like the greatest scorer in the NBA .. in every Olympic Game .. in other words all our NBA Top Super-Stars took the back-seat to keep the USA Team on a winning streak for the GOLD...

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
STAT on his way back. london got it rolling for him again, he's feeling up to taking on a larger role again and so let the numbers roll my dudes

smokes

Huge Member

u could put up X and O factors all day long .. but the fact of star teammates improving each other strength to make each other perform better has not happen on our Knicks .... hint .. what player performance on the USA Olympic Team did Melo performance made look great? None! Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Durant/and CP3 performance made Melo look like the greatest scorer in the NBA .. in every Olympic Game .. in other words all our NBA Top Super-Stars took the back-seat to keep the USA Team on a winning streak for the GOLD...

When did we have a competent PG during the 2011-12 season? Never.

2010-11 star trio of Billups/Melo/Amare performed great in the games where they were not rusty/injured.

We don't need to run plays for Tyson when Amare is at full strength. Tyson gets his points from pick n roll and putbacks, he's averaging 12 points for the season, that's not a dude you need to run plays for. Amare will be a good decoy for Tyson to get easy points down low, when his offense is back up to scratch.

All over the league there are two bigs playing next to each other alongside great wing players too, why is it only us Knicks fans who seem to think it's impossible? :lol:

knicksince 93

Rotation player

saying everyone made melo better and saying he didn't is disrespectful to him as a player. And is kinda like saying he isn't in there caliber of play and he is just a good enough as them to say he made them better as well. Wow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
When did we have a competent PG during the 2011-12 season? Never.

2010-11 star trio of Billups/Melo/Amare performed great in the games where they were not rusty/injured.

We don't need to run plays for Tyson when Amare is at full strength. Tyson gets his points from pick n roll and putbacks, he's averaging 12 points for the season, that's not a dude you need to run plays for. Amare will be a good decoy for Tyson to get easy points down low, when his offense is back up to scratch.

All over the league there are two bigs playing next to each other alongside great wing players too, why is it only us Knicks fans who seem to think it's impossible? :lol:

I'm not saying, "Amare & Melo cant co-exist" what im saying is the ball is in Melo's hands, and thats where the gellin starts .. when your offense go through your SF, u want your SF performance to be like Bird, Pippen, Lebron, Pierce, or Marion.

We did have a competent PG in the 2011-12 season, we had a PG that skills went World-Wide for doing something Amare & Melo couldnt do .. come together with teammates on the court.

The excuse of no PG is getting old old old .. Boston Big-3, and Miami Big-3 did not have a true PG when they won the Chip ..
The Big-3 used their passing-skills to improve their PG passing-skills

Kiyaman

Legend
saying everyone made melo better and saying he didn't is disrespectful to him as a player. And is kinda like saying he isn't in there caliber of play and he is just a good enough as them to say he made them better as well. Wow.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ima Knicks-Fan not a player-fan .. I do favor some players, but I will call them out too with repeated mistsakes