New York Knicks organization fear Wallace will be out for the season!

Red

TYPE-A
Some bull****.

NEW YORK -- As the uncertainty surrounding Rasheed Wallace's left foot injury lingers, members of the New York Knicks organization fear Wallace will be out for an extended period, possibly for the entire season, two league sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

Wallace has been out since Dec. 15 with a stress reaction in his left foot.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said last week that he hoped Wallace would begin running this week, but he told reporters in London on Wednesday that Wallace, 38, has yet to do so.

"He'll be back -- but when, I don't know," Woodson said. "We're gradually trying to get him back where he can run again so he can get back in a uniform. But when, we don't know when yet."

The Knicks are in a holding pattern with Wallace, according to league sources. There are some in the organization who want to pursue a free agent immediately to replace Wallace.

Among those being discussed internally is 35-year-old big man Kenyon Martin.

Others in the organization, including Woodson, who coaxed Wallace to end a two-year retirement and join the Knicks, want to give Wallace time to heal before making a move to replace him.

The team originally described Wallace's injury as a sore left foot, and he was listed as day to day. The team then clarified and called the injury a stress reaction after a report described it as a stress fracture.

When healthy, the 15-year veteran has provided a strong presence in the post for New York. Wallace also has given the Knicks a strong post defender off the bench. In 20 games, he's averaging 7.2 points and 3.2 rebounds in 14.6 minutes.

When the injury first surfaced, Wallace said he'd aggravated a previous foot injury. As recently as late last month, the veteran said he expected to be back on the court.

When asked Wednesday about returning to the court, Wallace said, "It's not my call."

One source said Wallace is having trouble pushing off on his left foot.

"It's not looking good," the source said.

With Marcus Camby sidelined two to four weeks with a left plantar fascia injury, and Amar'e Stoudemire working his way back into form after offseason knee surgery, the Knicks are thin on the front line.

If the Knicks wanted to add a free agent, they'd have to cut a player on their 15-man roster.

Wallace's contract became fully guaranteed earlier this month. All 15 players on the Knicks' active roster have guaranteed contracts.
Source:www.espn.com

Pull the trigger?

...always something, isn't it?:cool:

metrocard

Legend
blog_kenyon_martin.jpg

Starks

Starter
Damn it was fun while it lasted. Sheed was always a guy that should have been a Knick in his prime. We came so close to landing him when he was in his final days in Portland. I still think he's a good presence to have around the team. **** if we pay baron Davis just to be Baron Davis around here, there's got to be a way to keep him

uber

Benchwarmer
The New York Knicks are waiting to determine if forward Rasheed Wallace can return for a foot injury

am i reading it wrong or does this headline just don't make any sense?

Wargames

Starter
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN

Rasheed Wallace says today he will play again this season

That seems to be the issue. If Sheed can come back why rush it for K-mart? Even more importantly I guess the question is who do they want around in the playoffs more sheed or K-Mart, as well as the fact Woodson asked him to come out of retirement. The media is hyping this up but I see them waiting Sheed out. His post D, ability to shoot the 3, and veteran attitude could really make a difference in the playoffs.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Wouldn't mind getting K-Mart, he might be the more durable choice in the long run.

Sheed did help us get off to a great start though, i can respect that.

nyk_nyk

All Star
That seems to be the issue. If Sheed can come back why rush it for K-mart? Even more importantly I guess the question is who do they want around in the playoffs more sheed or K-Mart, as well as the fact Woodson asked him to come out of retirement. The media is hyping this up but I see them waiting Sheed out. His post D, ability to shoot the 3, and veteran attitude could really make a difference in the playoffs.

I hear you BUT the team is very thin on big men right now and they'll have to get by for the next 2-3 months especially since Camby is an unknown as well with his foot injury. What if Sheed comes back at the end of the season and isn't in sync with the offense? There's no time to get him acclimated at that point.

With Smith and Shump getting 97% of the SG minutes and Kidd working with the rest, White is probably the most logical candidate to get cut in favor of Kmart. The problem is everyone has guarateed contracts so they'd be throwing away money to cut someone.

I say don't wait, make the move! Those foot injuries linger on all season (see Camby)

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Gotta take our feelings out of this one and realize what we need for the championship. If Sheed can even run then we need K-Mart

smokes

Huge Member
I hear you BUT the team is very thin on big men right now and they'll have to get by for the next 2-3 months especially since Camby is an unknown as well with his foot injury. What if Sheed comes back at the end of the season and isn't in sync with the offense? There's no time to get him acclimated at that point.

With Smith and Shump getting 97% of the SG minutes and Kidd working with the rest, White is probably the most logical candidate to get cut in favor of Kmart. The problem is everyone has guarateed contracts so they'd be throwing away money to cut someone.

I say don't wait, make the move! Those foot injuries linger on all season (see Camby)

I agree we shouldn't be banking on Sheed. As fun as he is to watch he's given too much license on this team anyway, I really don't like watching him shoot 3's at a 20-30% clip when against most defenses he can get easy layups whenever he wants.

That ain't gonna fly in the playoffs.

Red

TYPE-A

Im more like, what the f*ck is a stress reaction?

It began as a reported stress fracture, and then was corrected/updated as a stress reaction?

Not Plantar fasciitis which is with Gumby.. so what? Lisfranc? :shrug:

Red

TYPE-A
I agree we shouldn't be banking on Sheed. As fun as he is to watch he's given too much license on this team anyway, I really don't like watching him shoot 3's at a 20-30% clip when against most defenses he can get easy layups whenever he wants.

That ain't gonna fly in the playoffs.

He did have a post game, rebounded, and played solid D too. Not to mention he talked it up promoting better communication on D.

Pulling some bigs away from the hoop didn't hurt either; stats don't show that.

Don't get me wrong he's replaceable but he is a good to great fit for his role, especially when considering his contract. I think his intangibles are underrated.

smokes

Huge Member
He did have a post game, rebounded, and played solid D too. Not to mention he talked it up promoting better communication on D.

Pulling some bigs away from the hoop didn't hurt either; stats don't show that.

Don't get me wrong he's replaceable but he is a good to great fit for his role, especially when considering his contract. I think his intangibles are underrated.

For sure I don't disagree with that but I just remember Sheed in the playoffs in Boston being a complete nonentity bricking a ton of threes, and we've seen him do that quite a few times in a Knicks uniform too.

He's not easy to replace, but we can't bank on him being a big part of the team at this point.

Wallace Quote to the NYDaily NEWS: "No, my season ain't over, I've been laid off for 3 years, so one little foot injury isn't going to stop me, I'm good".

He'll be back soon enough.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Given the state of our bigs right now I don't think bringing in another one is a bad idea, and if KMart is the best available option out there then I'm all for it. However, I wouldn't cut any of our current big men. Sheed, even if not healthy I think is a useful guy to have around the dressing room and on the bench, Camby would cost a bomb and I think can do a good job when healthy, STAT and Tyson is a no-brainer, both vital pieces and even Thomas could prove useful if injuries hit us again. With Shump making a strong comeback in London and Felton on the way back, I'd cut White for another big. He hasn't done anything all season IMO and our back court is coming together now and can't see where he would fit in the rotation.