0 0%
  • Wilson Chandler

0 0%
  • Id prefer to keep Amare

3 13.64%
  • Other

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: If you could waive Stat and bring back any former Knick...

Hybrid View

Default If you could waive Stat and bring back any former Knick...

Who would it be? Who would give us the best chance of winning a championship this year if they were added to the current roster?

This is a hypothetical thread that is in some ways asking 2 different questions:

Which former Knick would be of the highest value to this current roster?

Which recent Knicks PF would fit in best with this team? Stat himself, ZBo, or David Lee? Or Al Harrington, i suppose

Only active players, if their playing in another country that still counts

Poll coming soon

Last edited by KingStarbury3; Jan 16, 2013 at 21:23.

Z-Bo

We'd be so good with him.

Yeah no doubt it would be scary. Dat rebounding, plus his offense is high quality.

Well if you waive STAT, we would need a PF to replace. Melo's natural position is the SF and Kurt Thomas/Marcus Camby aren't exactly our perfect PF scenario. I would say Zack Randolph. In order for STAT to operate, he needs the ball in his hands. He is not exactly a one dribble and make your move type of guy, and he is not a spot up shooter either (although he does have a good shot when it's on point). We already have an iso option in Melo, and sometimes JR, and we also have spot up shooters and guys who can drive and so on. The point is our offense is great, even if we were to lose STAT. Now, our defense and paint presence can use some work, which is exactly what Zack Randolph would bring. He's the tough, gritty, fight for a rebound, don't give up an easy basket type of guy. If he and Tyson would adjust to each other, there would be a whole new level of defense and anyone that wants to drive in would have to go past these beasts. Zack doesn't need the ball to operate, like chandler, which is perfect in terms of not having to waste a possession on a post up play in STAT. Other scoring options would not be effected.

Now this isn't taking anything away from STAT. He's been trying extra hard on D and rebounding, and on nights where our offense isn't clicking, he can be a real threat for 30 or more points on any given night (similar to the streak he had prior to bringing Melo in).

ehhh i guess my threads a little flawed. We would probably need another PF if we waived Stat, but not necessarily sorta i guess maybe perhaps. Either way Zach Randolphs rebounding would be really nice to have alongside of Tyson Chandler. To be real Id love to have ZBo or Lee over Amare.

There really wouldnt be any need for Crawford on the team in my opinion. JR Smith is also an explosive scorer off the bench that plays more defense then Jamal. And we got Shump returning soon

I like Gallo's game alot but Id prefer both Lee and Zbo over him.

Stephon Marburys another great pick, hes a better version of Felton and would have even better at running pick and rolls with Chandler. He is or at least was a better finisher around the rim, I also believe he has better peripheral vision. He'd see Novak, JR Smith, Kidd, Copeland etc. out there on the perimeter and kick it out to them as soon as he gets double teamed.

It would have to be David Lee. Even though I was for getting rid of Lee so that the Knicks could make a splash at the 2010 free agency I feel that letting Lee walk was a big mistake that is haunting the Knicks right now. Yes, acquiring Amar'e Stoudemire seemed like a no brainer and a great deal after his hot start with the Knicks but it quickly became a terrible deal in the long run. David Lee is playing at an unstoppable level right now and has become a top 5 power forward in the entire league. Amar'e Stoudemire is a walking carcass right now and is 1 or 2 injuries away from retiring.

Superstar

awesome post. it would be gallo for me. i just feel like he was supposed to be our star! of course david lee as well but gallo's my boy

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Either Gallo or Randolph.

I really miss Gallo, he's not as consistent as he should be, but he's like an Italian Kevin Durant..lol, you guys know how I felt about the Big ****.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Epic Thread.

David Lee with out a doubt..

I have to go with Lee. Did anyone hear his interview on the Bill Simmons podcast last week? He really loved this team and was upset we let him go. You could tell he wanted to be here. I also have been reading a Knicks history book called "When the Garden was Eden" about the 70s Knicks and it made a few references to Lee about his respect and admiration from elder Knick legends. He's even flown in from Golden State to pay his respects at funerals where no current Knicks would be present at for former Knick legends. He really understood what it meant to be a Knick and that doesn't come around too often

Eddy curry of course

D Lee no doubt.

Anybody still wanna waive Stat???

stats playing good and has a pep on defense