Game Thread: The London Calling - Pistons vs Knicks

smokes

Huge Member
How does Amare look on offense? I see that he's active but how does he look doing it?

From what I've seen his movement and effort is great, still rusty going up to the rim, he's been blocked once and been fouled a few times without being able to get the ball up.

KingCharles34

All Star
Amare makes the right rotations and cuts on offense but hes a little too predictable. He gets stripped/blocked as much as any player Ive ever seen before, probably because hes catching the ball low. His teammates need to make their passes higher so he can keep the ball above his head even though he'd probably still get stripped or blocked. But the refs still respect him so he gets to the free throw line. His explosiveness is less then i thought, he cant get up for them ally oops like Chandler at least at this point.

We just had a John Ameachi sighting (No homillz)

New New York

Quiet Storm
Shump looked so poised out there didn't look like he was anxious just let the game come to him!

More than the shots he hit (although he represents a huge upgrade over Brewer in that regard) was how he can still play so confidently after that much time off!

What impressed me w/ Stat was how he looked more relaxed and in rhythm and going up strong

Kidd made some nice finds

Novak looked 2k good shooting the ball

When it gels together with this team...

elcol

Rotation player
damn i had school and i missed the game but im glad to see that shumpert is back on track with his game!!

elcol

Rotation player
So following the new theme of the forum I do believe that this should be unstickied eventually to maybe help clear up the forum?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This was a great game overall progress wise.

Amar'e played very well, Shump is on the court, and we won. Did Amar'e and Melo look good on the court together?

Kiyaman

Legend
Tyson with the 4th, Amare in......not a bad backup. I remember in his Dallas year, his effort level throughout the game was high because he knew he had an NBA caliber backup behind him in Haywood. Probably the same thinking here, with Amare behiind him tonight.

Tyson only average 24 minutes per game with Dallas .. Tyson never got the chance to get tired or aghausted on the court for coach Calisle, Tyson played every minute with fresh-runnin-legs in the regular & postseason games with Dallas .. Plus Dallas had a strategic 2-unit rotation that gave them the deepest depth in the league in 2010-11

The return of Stat, Shump, Felton, and Camby should give us the same strategic 2-unit rotation with great depth on offense/defense.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
I was at the game last night for my first live NBA game. The atmosphere wasn't that great but I think that's because basketball is still growing over here in the UK and fans don't really know how to act.

I thought the game itself was pretty good, obviously made all the better with a Knicks win.

Melo started red hot but his shot stopped falling in the second half but kept getting his points with some good work in the post.
Amar'e looked like he's starting to get back to 100%. Still needs to get his legs under him but he drew fouls well (lost count of how many free throws he took, but he made the vast majority of them) and when he gets some explosiveness back they will become and-one opportunities.
Was great to see Shump back, and it looked like he hasn't lost anything. Again needs to get his conditioning and timing back but got in on the act with some decent shooting (2/3 3 pointers I think) and a good steal and lay-up. Would have loved for his baseline drive and dunk attempt to have gone down. Encouraging to see him give that a go in his first game back though.

It looked a bit like we eased off the gas in the third and let them back in to the game but JR and Novak hit some shots to push the lead back up around 20.

Really great getting to see the Knicks in action, I hope one day I'll be able to visit the Garden to see a game with all the New York atmosphere too.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I was at the game last night for my first live NBA game. The atmosphere wasn't that great but I think that's because basketball is still growing over here in the UK and fans don't really know how to act.

I thought the game itself was pretty good, obviously made all the better with a Knicks win.

Melo started red hot but his shot stopped falling in the second half but kept getting his points with some good work in the post.
Amar'e looked like he's starting to get back to 100%. Still needs to get his legs under him but he drew fouls well (lost count of how many free throws he took, but he made the vast majority of them) and when he gets some explosiveness back they will become and-one opportunities.
Was great to see Shump back, and it looked like he hasn't lost anything. Again needs to get his conditioning and timing back but got in on the act with some decent shooting (2/3 3 pointers I think) and a good steal and lay-up. Would have loved for his baseline drive and dunk attempt to have gone down. Encouraging to see him give that a go in his first game back though.

It looked a bit like we eased off the gas in the third and let them back in to the game but JR and Novak hit some shots to push the lead back up around 20.

Really great getting to see the Knicks in action, I hope one day I'll be able to visit the Garden to see a game with all the New York atmosphere too.

Good post Chris and thanks for the game overview. I was most impressed by the way Shumpert jumped right in like he never left. His confidence is key to his success. Amare played his best offensive game so far but he's still having trouble finishing his shots or rather getting them up. He definitely keeps the ball too low. I've seen plenty of times where he gets the pass chest high but then gears up for a jump and lowers the ball below his waist. I've always said he should study Duncan and Gasol to learn how to maintain your height advantage with the ball in the paint.

When Felton returns, things will start to improve dramatically and Kidd's game will be more valuable to us. The only blemish is that our two (aged but effective) defensive big men are out indefinitely.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im surprised the refs still give Amare star respect but I cant complain. Keep it up refs, great job! BrookLin and Bumston coming up, Id be very happy if we can win both these games