One star

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
If you could have any player playing today be on the Knicks who would it be and why?

Like to see a few answers before I give mine. Lets see if i get serious if any replies.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
You mean if we could only have one star? Or a star added to this team?

I'd still take Melo. He may not be the best player in the league, but he's great and I'm sticking by him.

uber

Benchwarmer
If you mean that we could add one star to the roster we have today i would take CP3.

If we just could have one star i would take Melo without hesitation.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I meant add a player.

CP3 is a good one. I would go with Dirk Nowitski, great addition to the team. He's a real leader, clutch, and a big threat. If only.

uber

Benchwarmer
I meant add a player.

CP3 is a good one. I would go with Dirk Nowitski, great addition to the team. He's a real leader, clutch, and a big threat. If only.

Nowitzki from 2 or 3 years ago would be a great addition. But today i don't think that he has much left in the tank after his injury (i hope he proves me wrong).

On the other hand. We all see what CP3 is capable of doing on daily bases. Plus he's good friends with Melo.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Add 1 star without replacing anyone Chris Paul

Any star to build around............come on now

smokes

Huge Member
Add 1 star without replacing anyone Chris Paul

Any star to build around............come on now

Not taking into account Knicks bias it'd have to be Kevin Durant. Top 3 player in the league and the youngest one to boot.

smokes

Huge Member
If we're talking someone to add to the current core I'd say Lillard or Kyrie, franchise guard for the next 10 years.

Not sure who is the better playmaker.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we could add any one star to our current roster, it has to be CP3. dude is far and away the best PG in the game, my other option would be Kyrie cause of his youth but CP3 aint old so him

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I like the pics, I was going for the power forward position being in need of one. The Knicks have Felton but see CP3 being a way better pickup than an old Dirk. Reason I thought of Dirk was because of Kidd and Chandler. Another player I would think be great is Kevin Love rebounding scorer.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Hmmmm Adding a player.

Two guys I'd love on the Knicks is Rubio and Rose, but we'll have to see how they are once they're healthy enough and develop a rhythm.

I think I'll go with Durant otherwise. He scores a lot catching and shooting so he wouldn't clash with Melo.

bigapple

Starter
JVG said about KD natural born scorer

imagine Melo and Durant in 1 team. U can drop STAT and even Copeland when that duo playing for one team.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Although having Durant would be awesome, I don't think he reallt fits into this team. Melo is the main scoring option and although they played together in the Olympics there are better options if another superstar was to be added to this team right now.

Either a PG or PF would be the best fit for this team, so I'd like CP3. Marc Gasol is also a great shout for the blocks, rebounds and interior defence next to/backing up Tyson.

knicksin60

Starter
As much as I despise him as a human being I will say Lebron James. He is a basketball player that only comes into the NBA once every twenty years. A team of just Melo and Lebron and scrubs would probably be good enough to win a silver medal in the olympics.

Yup^^, we have to fill the PF position, it's our weak spot (if Melo is playing the SF). With the addition of Durant or Lebron, the Knicks turn into the Bast of the East. CP3 is ok, but all we need is a pg that will drop dimes. Felton can pick and role Chandler, or dish it to melo or Durant/Lebron all day. We don't need cp3 for that. You can always find a PG to serve these guys, but finding big men with skill sets as Melo, Lebron and Durant is extremely rare. I think it will be easier to find another CP3 before finding another athlethic PF such as these 3 guys. ish...i can go to the backtops and find an CP3ish like player. Not every great 6 foot baller is going to be playing in the NBA.