Game Thread: MLK DAY Nets at Knicks 1/21/13

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Season Finale MLK DAY

1358265790_7720_MLK%20Day.jpg

x2_87b1f5e_large_medium.jpg

Game Preview:

Knicks

The Knicks will enter play on Monday just one game behind the Miami Heat for the East lead. They have won two straight but are just 5-5 over their last 10 games

Carmelo Anthony has scored at least 20 points in 25 straight games, the longest such streak of his career. Anthony has developed into an MVP candidate while lifting New York to possible championship contender status.

"I've been on some good teams, had good players on some of the teams that I've played with," Anthony said. "But as far as being a complete team from top to bottom, this is the best team I've been a part of."

Anthony has averaged 37.0 points in helping New York (25-13) go 2-1 against Brooklyn this season.

Knicks
got a key player back in Thursday's 102-87 victory over Detroit in London. Iman Shumpert made his season debut and had eight points after being out due to a torn ACL.

"We all know what he brings to the game," Anthony said. "So it was just a matter of him just testing it out and seeing what he was able to do and we know he was excited, we were excited."

Key players

Iman Shumpert

537195_193789114097656_616188183_n.png

Shumpert's hustle, perimeter defense, energy will be key to our victory tonight.

Amare Stoudemire

knicks-amare-stoudemire-dunking-in-2012-playoffs-wire-d656897476409a8d.jpg

Following 17 points in 20 minutes after a 3 day rest expect another 15+ point game for Amare. His timing is definitely coming back.
STAT said that he feels like he did before his knee injury. Good news.

Nets
r-NETS-large570.jpg

nypost_300x250_blueprint_Box1.jpg

The Nets (24-16) are two games behind the first-place Knicks in the Atlantic, and are eager for this high-profile contest.

Brooklyn is 11-2 under new interim coach Pj Carlesimo.

The Nets got the win 94-89 over Atlanta on Friday behind Deron Williams 24 points and Reggie Evans 20 rebounds.

Brooklyn guard Joe Johnson said. "They beat us the last two times and we owe them."

Johnson has fared poorly against the Knicks this season, averaging 13.7 points and 37.5 percent shooting.

Key Players

Jerry Stackhouse LOL

ImageProcessor

"It's a great honor to play on this day"Jerry Stackhouse said.

"We're fortunate to play in a city where one of the pioneers of sportsplayed in Jackie Robinson. And now we get to honor a guy who kind of transcended the world in his belief in equality and things like that."

Game Prediction

96-91 KNICKS

jay-z004-1.gif

Game day a$$

61003980racheltall79201090028AM.jpg

tahiry_king_photo_half_naked_in_bed.jpg

cubana_lust_atlnightspots_strip_club_pics_dressing_room.jpg

metrocard

Legend

logo_brooklynnets.gif
logo_newyorkknicks.gif

PROBABLE STARTERS

PG: Deron Williams vs. Jason Kidd
SG: Joe Johnson vs. Iman Shumpert
SF: Gerald Wallace vs. Carmelo Anthony
PF: Reggie Evans vs. Chris Copeland
C: Brook Lopez vs. Tyson Chandler

i
i
i
i
i

i
i
i
i
i

INJURY REPORT

Out: Marcus Camby (foot), Raymond Felton (broken finger), Rasheed Wallace (foot)

tumblr_mgzi3y2ahw1qk2d9no1_500.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
Can we have a single game without getting a technical foul? People call the Knicks mentally soft and weak, I disagree but it's hard to argue with.