Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
Results 151 to 164 of 164

Thread: Game Thread: MLK DAY Nets at Knicks 1/21/13

  1. #151
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I don't know about that just yet. I've been watching a lot of Net, OKC and Knicks games this year. The Knicks have the deeper team, a true playoff team, but if they don't get healthy they will fail. Nets are serious and clicking. They are tough, go hard in every game from the beginning to the end (something the Nets never did), and they can actually ball. There are just too many old heads on the Knicks roster, and if they can't heal up, contribute and help the team... than the Knicks are in serious trouble.

    Felton and sheed will make a difference 4sure. But, I'm starting to think Amare is done. He will have to alter his game drastically if he expects to compete at a higher level. As of now he is hurting the rotation with his *****cat play and his inflatted contract. Trying to fit him in when he is not even performing or helping much is going to hurt. He's the weak link and I'm not so proud to say that, it actually hurts. The season is reaching its half way point, hopefully Woody will figure this thing out. There's still plenty of time left but not enough left for certain players... if they don't get their act together.
    What kind of drastic change do you thing Amare has to make other than defending on every possession and putting more effort on getting rebounds? Scoring wise he's been okay. Regardless of his contract, Amare will be needed for this team to advance in the playoffs.

  2. #152
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    a tough loss, shoulda/coulda been a win if Joe's Johnson didn't go off at the end. Knicks D keeping Bklyn scoreless for 5 minutes in 4Q was a good sign, but Joe > Melo at the end. ce la vie.

    i'm liking the KO support for Felton, I agree his healthy return, mixed with STAT and Shump feeling better, is going to impact this squad mightily.

    I don't mind this loss all that much, makes the rivalry all the more intense.

    Keys:
    Knicks were out-rebounded by twin uglies Lopez/Humpfreeze, who had 5 offensive bounds each, 24 total between them. not good.

    Knicks forced 19 TO's compared to only 5. that's pretty good.

    Novak invisible, except for a couple bounds. if he hits a couple in the 14-15 min he's allotted, it's a different game.
    did not happen.

    Brewer, Prigger - scoreless. feh.

    Cope started, did OK, but only 15 minutes. the fact that he's getting same amount of minutes as Novak, but producing a hella lot more deserves some attention. put more hope in the land of Cope, son.

    STAT looking better and better... starting lineup, here we come.

    a strange day, with MLK remembrance, presidential inauguration, and Knick game. i'll take this loss with a grain of salt, and keep in mind all the things Martin Luther King Jr and Barack Obama had to say.
    HOPE. FAITH. BE STRONG. OVERCOME.


    Let's not put those two polar opposite guys in the same sentence.

  3. #153
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    What kind of drastic change do you thing Amare has to make other than defending on every possession and putting more effort on getting rebounds? Scoring wise he's been okay. Regardless of his contract, Amare will be needed for this team to advance in the playoffs.
    He lost his hops, I don't know if he'll ever recover it but he's still trying to play like he has it and the results often end with him getting his shot blocked or altered. I do like the fact that he contributes at the charity line, that helps the team with points and affords them to catch a quick breath in between plays. I'm thinking he needs to play more under the basket to help him get his body's physicality back. He's one of the few players I think plays better once he gets bang around a bit and gets mad. Right now he's playing like he doesn't want to get hurt, or hurt the team... but at the same times he's hurting his own game...which in the end hurts the team. Get more physical and use more of those expensive post moves you brought over the summer...

  4. #154
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,297
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    Everyone needs to relax. That right there is the best that the nets can get. The knicks are awaiting the return of felton, wallace, and camby, as well as the recovery of shump and stat into consistent basketball mode. Melo missed that shot because he was exhausted.

    Don't hit the panic button yet because we simply aren't in prime form right now. Without felton especially we are forced to play a tired Kidd too many minutes. Its safe to say that without a completely health roster, the nets of course can compete with the knicks. Relax..
    I wonder, I wonder how many KO members know why we loss this Home game?
    We did not lose a HOME game because we were Feltonless .. we loss because of .. 11-29 + 7-19 = 18-48 shooting from two Knicks players who help the Nets outscore us in 3 quarters of the game .. Melo force over 20 shot attempts and JR force over 15 shot attempts before the 4th quarter.
    In the 4th quarter .. Melo received a career high of passing the ball to Amare 4 times to gain 3 assists in the 4th quarter from Amare. Melo never passed the ball to Amare 4 times in one game the past 2 seasons they been teammates. Amare shot 6-10 in the game, getting 6 shot attempts in the 4th quarter. Novak is still being used as a puppet on the court to keep double-teams away from Melo & JR shot attempts (the two players are close to averaging 70% of the Knicks team shot-attempts) .. the two-players shot 48 out of 84 team shot attempts.

    Real Talk

    The Nets interim coach PJ has the Nets on a win win win streak by making one-change .. Gerald Wallace has not shot over 6 shot attempts per game while PJ has been coaching the Nets (the scouting-report on the NETS since firing Avery).

    How many games in HOF Jason Kidds long-long career in the NBA where Kidd only recorded ONE-assist? Kidd played 35 minutes and only had one-assist .. this means Kidd did not play the POINT.

    Jason Kidds outstanding defense in the 3rd quarter outscored the Nets by 9 points, by playing the entire 3rd quarter.

    PG-Pablo only receive 6 minutes of playingtime throughout the first 3 quarters (first 36 minutes) of the game, forcing his muscles to cramp-up the start of the 4th quarter.
    How has the progress of rookie PG-Pablo been coming along since the injury of Felton? PG-Pablo progress were getting better & better each game when Felton was in the rotation.

    u would think coach Woodson would be doing overtime giving alot of attention with the progress of rookie PG-Pablo when Felton went down .. u would think rookie Pablo would be sitting next to Woodson on the bench talking constantly. NO! Woodson has allienated Pablo giving him less playingtime since Felton been out.
    I wonder how Kidd feels about the treatment to Pablo?
    u didnt see Kidd setting-up for the 3 ball shot when we needed one in crunchtime yesterday...

  5. #155
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Truth is we re playing right now without true PG

    = no driving no penetration + no scoring from PG

    = no passing game

    which means NO movement and no teamwork

    Felton is warrior he was and still is Main Factor for double blow of Heat

    they won twice with Spurs but Spurs notices also other looses even to Bobcats


    Melo cant be only scorer of this team with JR
    we need other scorers too


    personaly JR said on his twitter that its "disrespectful" for fans that they lost

    and i felt dissapointed its hard when u waiting so long and your home team should use offnse for score chasing not D for stopping them

    now if they fall to Celtics it will be really pathetic celtics just lost 3 games to low teams besides Bulls.Very soon they will met with Ray allen again.If they will fire Doc which i dont believe they will be done.

  6. #156
    Member deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    True PG first pass, not score.

  7. #157
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,297
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    My Knicks did not turn out the way I expected 39 games in the season ..
    reminding me of 1999 Ewing/Camby/Spree/Houston

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    Truth is we re playing right now without true PG
    u made some decent points .. butt .. u forgot Boston Big-3 and Miami Big-3 didnt have a True-PG

    Melo cant be only scorer of this team with JR
    we need other scorers too
    We do have other scorers .. butt .. their not allowed to get 2 or 3 shot-attempts to warm-up each game, when Melo & JR does that everytime they come back on court.
    There's no other reason than selfishness "WHY" Amare/Novak/and now Chandler has not been averaging 9 to 10 shot attempts in the last 6 games by now .. especially without Felton in the rotation (Felton was on his way to averaging 17 shot attempts this season before injury) .. Rasheed was averaging 7 shots


    personaly JR said on his twitter that its "disrespectful" for fans that they lost
    ha-ha, JR are shooting-fans away before the lost LOL .. JR facilitating as a PG dont get him assist and dont get him to the foul-line .. so JR should be limited to just 9 shot attempts per game .. JR minutes should be according to his passing-ability, rather than scoring .. especially with Amare & Shump added to the rotation.

  8. #158
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I wonder, I wonder how many KO members know why we loss this Home game?
    We did not lose a HOME game because we were Feltonless .. we loss because of .. 11-29 + 7-19 = 18-48 shooting from two Knicks players who help the Nets outscore us in 3 quarters of the game .. Melo force over 20 shot attempts and JR force over 15 shot attempts before the 4th quarter.
    In the 4th quarter .. Melo received a career high of passing the ball to Amare 4 times to gain 3 assists in the 4th quarter from Amare. Melo never passed the ball to Amare 4 times in one game the past 2 seasons they been teammates. Amare shot 6-10 in the game, getting 6 shot attempts in the 4th quarter. Novak is still being used as a puppet on the court to keep double-teams away from Melo & JR shot attempts (the two players are close to averaging 70% of the Knicks team shot-attempts) .. the two-players shot 48 out of 84 team shot attempts.

    Real Talk

    The Nets interim coach PJ has the Nets on a win win win streak by making one-change .. Gerald Wallace has not shot over 6 shot attempts per game while PJ has been coaching the Nets (the scouting-report on the NETS since firing Avery).

    How many games in HOF Jason Kidds long-long career in the NBA where Kidd only recorded ONE-assist? Kidd played 35 minutes and only had one-assist .. this means Kidd did not play the POINT.

    Jason Kidds outstanding defense in the 3rd quarter outscored the Nets by 9 points, by playing the entire 3rd quarter.

    PG-Pablo only receive 6 minutes of playingtime throughout the first 3 quarters (first 36 minutes) of the game, forcing his muscles to cramp-up the start of the 4th quarter.
    How has the progress of rookie PG-Pablo been coming along since the injury of Felton? PG-Pablo progress were getting better & better each game when Felton was in the rotation.

    u would think coach Woodson would be doing overtime giving alot of attention with the progress of rookie PG-Pablo when Felton went down .. u would think rookie Pablo would be sitting next to Woodson on the bench talking constantly. NO! Woodson has allienated Pablo giving him less playingtime since Felton been out.
    I wonder how Kidd feels about the treatment to Pablo?
    u didnt see Kidd setting-up for the 3 ball shot when we needed one in crunchtime yesterday...
    Do you know why we have so many missed shot attempts and forced shot attempts from Melo and JR? Because there is nobody to penetrate and create shots for others. Kidd and Pablo are too old and unathletic to attack the basket. Your argument is nothing groundbreaking. In fact we are saying similar things, just supporting two different people. Woodson takes Pablo out because he has trouble breaking down the defense often besides the pick and roll.

  9. #159
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,297
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by elcol
    Do you know why we have so many missed shot attempts and forced shot attempts from Melo and JR? Because there is nobody to penetrate and create shots for others. Kidd and Pablo are too old and unathletic to attack the basket. Your argument is nothing groundbreaking. In fact we are saying similar things, just supporting two different people. Woodson takes Pablo out because he has trouble breaking down the defense often besides the pick and roll.
    A creative-penetrating PG is all-good .. butt .. when u dont have that kind of PG u use the next best thing ball-movement & player-movement, which is something old Pablo & old Kidd are great at.

    Lets do some math on shot attempts .. Melo 21, JR 16, Felton 16, Rasheed 7, totals to 60 shot attempts .. we average a little over 80 shots per game .. thats to many shots for just 4 players, somebody gots to go.
    guess who had to go?

    How many design plays with ball-movement & screens have u seen written up for Novak?

  10. #160
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Still not worried. Once Felton is back, things will click back into place.

  11. #161
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    My Knicks did not turn out the way I expected 39 games in the season ..
    reminding me of 1999 Ewing/Camby/Spree/Houston



    u made some decent points .. butt .. u forgot Boston Big-3 and Miami Big-3 didnt have a True-PG


    .
    Which means 4 U Rondo is not true PG right?


    and since LIn times Chalmers didnt limited LIN to awfull % of shooting too right?

    i am talkin about current time not 99'

  12. #162
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,297
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    Which means 4 U Rondo is not true PG right?
    and since LIn times Chalmers didnt limited LIN to awfull % of shooting too right?
    i am talkin about current time not 99'
    1) Rondo was a shaky tier-2 PG when Boston won the Chip.

    2) No-one blame tier-3 PG-Charmers performance in the Mavs vs Heats Finals.

    3) All the NBA PG took time to read the "Stock-Report & Scouting-Report" on LinSanity .. it was the addition of SLOW-SLOW movement from JR & Melo in the rotation that gave LinSanity speedy transition performance away.
    LinSanity speed & defense gave us 90 plus shot attempts...

  13. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I TiVo'd this game and finally got a break in my work shifts to sit and watch it so here's my two cents.

    Rebounding is what killed us in this game. With the amount of turnovers we forced its a shame we lost/gave up extra possessions on not securing defensive rebounds and not getting enough offensive. It almost negates the turnovers when we lose the rebounding battle like we did. We are a bit short handed with bigs to contest Humphries, Evans and Lopez though. If Sheed and Camby are in the rotation with STAT, Melo and Tyson in the front court maybe the game goes differently.
    On offence this game really showed how much we miss Felton IMO. Kidd and Prigioni have done a great job in his absence but the lack of penetration is also hurting us now. A few times Kidd got into the paint and ahead on fast breaks but slowed up instead of going for a lay-up, whereas Felton pushes the ball more and isn't afraid to go up in traffic.
    Amar'e seems to keep getting better. 15 points on 6/10 shooting plus 6 rebounds isn't a bad effort and it seems some of his athleticism is coming back with some of his moves around the basket. Had a dunk attempt blocked by Lopez that even though got blocked was encouraging to see him trying it and that his legs are on the way back. A few other strong finishes inside too.
    Too much Melo/JR iso, especially in the second quarter. Again Felton's return well help with ball movement and penetration so hopefully we'll see less iso in the coming weeks.

  14. #164
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Barkley didnt buy Clippers


    OKC is 2-0 vs Clipps Denver stopped Clipper 17 streak + they scored 2 looses one with GSW


    is that Barkleys some nostradamus or what?



    BKN won @ OKC KD was ejected


    hope Knicks wont loose to C's to avoid drop down to 5th in east

Similar Threads

  1. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 01:47
  2. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 21:10
  3. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 17:29
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2006, 22:22
  5. GAME THREAD - 2/8/06 - 7:30 pm EST - Knicks @ Nets
    By Peach_NYK_21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2006, 03:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •