Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: MLK DAY Nets at Knicks 1/21/13

Everyone needs to relax. That right there is the best that the nets can get. The knicks are awaiting the return of felton, wallace, and camby, as well as the recovery of shump and stat into consistent basketball mode. Melo missed that shot because he was exhausted.

Don't hit the panic button yet because we simply aren't in prime form right now. Without felton especially we are forced to play a tired Kidd too many minutes. Its safe to say that without a completely health roster, the nets of course can compete with the knicks. Relax..

i know it's a loss but there's a reason guys are starters and bench players. we need felton back. not because he's a superstar, but he will ease the pressure on kidd and shumpert. there was one play where kidd got a steal and couldn't outrun the nets for a layup. the other thing i noticed was that shumpert had reached 20 minutes and couldn't be in the last minutes except for one posession. the schedule will soften a bit after this week though which is good for them.

Superstar

Originally Posted by elcol
    Everyone needs to relax. That right there is the best that the nets can get. The knicks are awaiting the return of felton, wallace, and camby, as well as the recovery of shump and stat into consistent basketball mode. Melo missed that shot because he was exhausted.

Don't hit the panic button yet because we simply aren't in prime form right now. Without felton especially we are forced to play a tired Kidd too many minutes. Its safe to say that without a completely health roster, the nets of course can compete with the knicks. Relax..
    I'd better a million bucks that if clyde didn't say that shot was fatigue u wouldn't be under that impression. The same fatigue that j johnson had. Novak has to go he's useless

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by elcol
    Everyone needs to relax.hTat right there is the best that the nets can get. The knicks are awaiting the return of felton, wallace, and camby, as well as the recovery of shump and stat into consistent basketball mode. Melo missed that shot because he was exhausted.

We've heard that too many times, it's getting to the point that's becoming political language and it has no real meaning.

These games matter.

What guarantees us to be in prime form in the playoffs? Health isn't certain.

We should beat the Nets at home without Felton. We have to play like the best in the East.

Novak is just taskman
    all he does is 3pt
    but i dont think that he knows that he CAN shot as in your face i dont know maybe he is afraid of block but just look @ Tim hardaway he does same.

Now if they will be playing same with Felton i am worry that we will be again out of playofss but this time in 2nd round.

There was no D in 1st half

There is TOO MUCh simply on MELO and he need 2nd scorer STAT all what he can doo is just dunking

lot mismatches WTF is this Lopez vs Kidd

i HOPE that Felton will change everything.

since 18-6 we are 6 - 8

Now Pacers are nr 1 D team

Bulls are 5th

we cant just look @ Heat

now we can simply jump down from 2nd seed to 5th

i was waiting for this game since AJ was fired and PJ 10-1
    and i am simply dissapointed.

Knicks are only team in NBA that from beggining of the season HAVE NOT full roster available in 1 game.Now we got only 2 missing Camby and Wallace. Felton will b back this week.

Superstar

Still not worried. I knew this team would turn into a stagnant jump shooting team without Felton. Kidd obviously can't penetrate and put pressure on opposing defenses like Felton can. Last time we beat them at the garden it was because the Felton and Chandler pick and roll was unguardable. Without Felton we just gave the ball to Melo and expected him to carry us for 48 mins. You don't win games like that in the NBA.

With Felton coming back and our schedule getting much easier we're still in a good position, that's why winning all those games at the beginning of the year was so important. As poorly as we've played we're only a game and a half back from the number 1 spot.

now we can stop look @ this

i hope they will not visit MSG anymore this season

Originally Posted by bigapple
    now we can stop look @ this

i hope they will not visit MSG anymore this season
    the guy sitting behind them looks like he was in a 15 round fight. lol.

anyway teams go through ups and downs. the knicks are fine as long as they don't have a 5 or 6 game losing streak. if they can win a couple games here and there, they'll be fine. all these teams in the east have struggled at points. right now teams are playing well and the knicks aren't. it's still an 82 game season.

I still can't wait for Felton to return and see him do the pick'n roll with STAT

Relax panic squad. Yes this was a bad loss especially since it was a division game, but we are still in good position. As good as Kidd has been in the first 25 games or so, he's been a weak spot having to take on full pg duties. When Felton comes back we'll have our penetrating PG to open up some shots and the more effective limited minutes Kidd. If Camby and Sheed are ever fully healthy again then we are an elite team.

The only real issues I had last night was the team going a stretch with virtually no ball movement and didn't see Woodson correcting that. The other big issue was Woodson choosing to go with Novak instead of an effective Amare on that possession down by 1. Melo was doing a great job of finding Amare when he was being doubled. Down by only 1 i'm not sure why you needed Novak (0 points) to stand in the corner when Amare is a threat to either score inside or get to the FT line off Melo's drve.

Veteran

I donít know why some people here are sleeping on the Nets; they must still think they are the same team from NJ. If the Knicks (and the fans) keep over looking them and pretending like they arenít for realÖthan they will be in for a rude awakening come seasonís end. The Knicks had a chance to win but they were playing like they were still on vacation. I think that trip over the pond was a bad idea for many reasons. They donít really appreciate BBall as much over there, and playing one game the whole week is going to mess up the teamís rhythm. Itís like the Knicks took a mini vacation while playing through a critical part of the schedule. That trip may have done more harm for the Knicks than it has done good for the league. I was very surprised at how Lopez dominated in this game; P.J. has the Nets hungry and primed. Theyíre really buying into the NY theme and are steadily gaining much respect from around the league. arguably the hottest team in the league right now while the Knicks are still struggling with injuries and identity issues. But, the Nets still have work to do in terms of building a following. The Knicks have History, but they also have a lot of forgettable history as well. Thank the Lawd the Knicks have a much better team this year than they had in recent years. This lost for the Knicks should have put a bunch of things in perspective, hopefully their vision isnít blurry.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I donít know why some people here are sleeping on the Nets; they must still think they are the same team from NJ. If the Knicks (and the fans) keep over looking them and pretending like they arenít for realÖthan they will be in for a rude awakening come seasonís end. The Knicks had a chance to win but they were playing like they were still on vacation. I think that trip over the pond was a bad idea for many reasons. They donít really appreciate BBall as much over there, and playing one game the whole week is going to mess up the teamís rhythm. Itís like the Knicks took a mini vacation while playing through a critical part of the schedule. That trip may have done more harm for the Knicks than it has done good for the league. I was very surprised at how Lopez dominated in this game; P.J. has the Nets hungry and primed. Theyíre really buying into the NY theme and are steadily gaining much respect from around the league. arguably the hottest team in the league right now while the Knicks are still struggling with injuries and identity issues. But, the Nets still have work to do in terms of building a following. The Knicks have History, but they also have a lot of forgettable history as well. Thank the Lawd the Knicks have a much better team this year than they had in recent years. This lost for the Knicks should have put a bunch of things in perspective, hopefully their vision isnít blurry.
    I don't think anyone is sleeping on the Nets. Bottom line is they aren't the better team and we shouldn't be losing to them, especially at MSG. Nets are far from a bad team but we shouldn't be struggling against them like we did yesterday. When Shump is free to play any amount of minutes it will help alot. Felton's return will produce the biggest impact. Amare is hurting us on rebounds, so its very important for Sheed or Camby to get back ASAP or release a player and sign Kmart.

a tough loss, shoulda/coulda been a win if Joe's Johnson didn't go off at the end. Knicks D keeping Bklyn scoreless for 5 minutes in 4Q was a good sign, but Joe > Melo at the end. ce la vie.

i'm liking the KO support for Felton, I agree his healthy return, mixed with STAT and Shump feeling better, is going to impact this squad mightily.

I don't mind this loss all that much, makes the rivalry all the more intense.

Keys:
    Knicks were out-rebounded by twin uglies Lopez/Humpfreeze, who had 5 offensive bounds each, 24 total between them. not good.

Knicks forced 19 TO's compared to only 5. that's pretty good.

Novak invisible, except for a couple bounds. if he hits a couple in the 14-15 min he's allotted, it's a different game.
    did not happen.

Brewer, Prigger - scoreless. feh.

Cope started, did OK, but only 15 minutes. the fact that he's getting same amount of minutes as Novak, but producing a hella lot more deserves some attention. put more hope in the land of Cope, son.

STAT looking better and better... starting lineup, here we come.

a strange day, with MLK remembrance, presidential inauguration, and Knick game. i'll take this loss with a grain of salt, and keep in mind all the things Martin Luther King Jr and Barack Obama had to say.
    HOPE. FAITH. BE STRONG. OVERCOME.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I don't think anyone is sleeping on the Nets. Bottom line is they aren't the better team and we shouldn't be losing to them, especially at MSG. Nets are far from a bad team but we shouldn't be struggling against them like we did yesterday. When Shump is free to play any amount of minutes it will help alot. Felton's return will produce the biggest impact. Amare is hurting us on rebounds, so its very important for Sheed or Camby to get back ASAP or release a player and sign Kmart.
    I don't know about that just yet. I've been watching a lot of Net, OKC and Knicks games this year. The Knicks have the deeper team, a true playoff team, but if they don't get healthy they will fail. Nets are serious and clicking. They are tough, go hard in every game from the beginning to the end (something the Nets never did), and they can actually ball. There are just too many old heads on the Knicks roster, and if they can't heal up, contribute and help the team... than the Knicks are in serious trouble.

Felton and sheed will make a difference 4sure. But, I'm starting to think Amare is done. He will have to alter his game drastically if he expects to compete at a higher level. As of now he is hurting the rotation with his *****cat play and his inflatted contract. Trying to fit him in when he is not even performing or helping much is going to hurt. He's the weak link and I'm not so proud to say that, it actually hurts. The season is reaching its half way point, hopefully Woody will figure this thing out. There's still plenty of time left but not enough left for certain players... if they don't get their act together.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

dude with the green Knicks shirt got that soft bruise.