Game Thread: MLK DAY Nets at Knicks 1/21/13

bigapple

Starter
My Knicks did not turn out the way I expected 39 games in the season ..
reminding me of 1999 Ewing/Camby/Spree/Houston

u made some decent points .. butt .. u forgot Boston Big-3 and Miami Big-3 didnt have a True-PG

Which means 4 U Rondo is not true PG right?

and since LIn times Chalmers didnt limited LIN to awfull % of shooting too right?

i am talkin about current time not 99'

Kiyaman

Legend
Which means 4 U Rondo is not true PG right?
and since LIn times Chalmers didnt limited LIN to awfull % of shooting too right?
i am talkin about current time not 99'

1) Rondo was a shaky tier-2 PG when Boston won the Chip.

2) No-one blame tier-3 PG-Charmers performance in the Mavs vs Heats Finals.

3) All the NBA PG took time to read the "Stock-Report & Scouting-Report" on LinSanity .. it was the addition of SLOW-SLOW movement from JR & Melo in the rotation that gave LinSanity speedy transition performance away.
LinSanity speed & defense gave us 90 plus shot attempts...

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
I TiVo'd this game and finally got a break in my work shifts to sit and watch it so here's my two cents.

Rebounding is what killed us in this game. With the amount of turnovers we forced its a shame we lost/gave up extra possessions on not securing defensive rebounds and not getting enough offensive. It almost negates the turnovers when we lose the rebounding battle like we did. We are a bit short handed with bigs to contest Humphries, Evans and Lopez though. If Sheed and Camby are in the rotation with STAT, Melo and Tyson in the front court maybe the game goes differently.
On offence this game really showed how much we miss Felton IMO. Kidd and Prigioni have done a great job in his absence but the lack of penetration is also hurting us now. A few times Kidd got into the paint and ahead on fast breaks but slowed up instead of going for a lay-up, whereas Felton pushes the ball more and isn't afraid to go up in traffic.
Amar'e seems to keep getting better. 15 points on 6/10 shooting plus 6 rebounds isn't a bad effort and it seems some of his athleticism is coming back with some of his moves around the basket. Had a dunk attempt blocked by Lopez that even though got blocked was encouraging to see him trying it and that his legs are on the way back. A few other strong finishes inside too.
Too much Melo/JR iso, especially in the second quarter. Again Felton's return well help with ball movement and penetration so hopefully we'll see less iso in the coming weeks.

bigapple

Starter
Barkley didnt buy Clippers

OKC is 2-0 vs Clipps Denver stopped Clipper 17 streak + they scored 2 looses one with GSW

is that Barkleys some nostradamus or what?

BKN won @ OKC KD was ejected

hope Knicks wont loose to C's to avoid drop down to 5th in east