Game Thread: MLK DAY Nets at Knicks 1/21/13

rady

Administrator
Staff member
JR was close to tie the game, would have been nice and helpful. Can't wait for these two teams to meet in playoffs!

knicksin60

Starter
I hate to say it but the Knicks aren't an elite team. Without that hot start the Knicks would be a sub five hundred team right now. I know they have suffered from injuries but they have been very beatable on their home court as of late. Losing to the Nets is unacceptable.

petescud

Starter
I love Melo but his forced shots at end of games has cost us at least 3-5 games now. He should had passed the ball since he was triple teamed. My opinion

knicksin60

Starter
Fatso Barkley will laugh, and say it again.

Knowing that the Knicks were going to be playing a lot of games on TNT this season and knowing how Barkley enjoys knocking them I decided not to watch any TNT coverage for the rest of the season.

bigapple

Starter
FT's are cost that game + when there was 10-0 run knicks didnt use chances for 20-0 its was misses and stat travels.
Nets just won @ home vs Pacers too

even when they got almost 20 To's u cant chase anyone to tie game
u have to b better scoring %

i am dissapointed now its 2-2 and IF Knicks will meet them in playoff home court advantage its only about division record so knicks have to win vs 76ers vs raptors and c's .

knicksin60

Starter
Joe Johnson had one of those rare Michael Jordan games. I am not going to sweat it. I want to see what the Nets are really made of in their upcoming schedule. Any average team can look like NBA champions once they receive a new head coach but PJ Carlesimo hasn't had any real adversity come at him yet.

bigapple

Starter
Knowing that the Knicks were going to be playing a lot of games on TNT this season and knowing how Barkley enjoys knocking them I decided not to watch any TNT coverage for the rest of the season.
but he is also didnt buying Clippers he said they are 5th in west
he didnt buy CP3

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Lazy, bitch ass, short cut B-ball for well over a month.

Pathetic record against playoff teams last month.

two losses to Bulls, loss to Celtics, loss to Pacers, now loss to Nets...PATHETIC.

elcol

Rotation player
Everyone needs to relax. That right there is the best that the nets can get. The knicks are awaiting the return of felton, wallace, and camby, as well as the recovery of shump and stat into consistent basketball mode. Melo missed that shot because he was exhausted.

Don't hit the panic button yet because we simply aren't in prime form right now. Without felton especially we are forced to play a tired Kidd too many minutes. Its safe to say that without a completely health roster, the nets of course can compete with the knicks. Relax..

erivera

Benchwarmer
i know it's a loss but there's a reason guys are starters and bench players. we need felton back. not because he's a superstar, but he will ease the pressure on kidd and shumpert. there was one play where kidd got a steal and couldn't outrun the nets for a layup. the other thing i noticed was that shumpert had reached 20 minutes and couldn't be in the last minutes except for one posession. the schedule will soften a bit after this week though which is good for them.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Everyone needs to relax. That right there is the best that the nets can get. The knicks are awaiting the return of felton, wallace, and camby, as well as the recovery of shump and stat into consistent basketball mode. Melo missed that shot because he was exhausted.

Don't hit the panic button yet because we simply aren't in prime form right now. Without felton especially we are forced to play a tired Kidd too many minutes. Its safe to say that without a completely health roster, the nets of course can compete with the knicks. Relax..

I'd better a million bucks that if clyde didn't say that shot was fatigue u wouldn't be under that impression. The same fatigue that j johnson had. Novak has to go he's useless

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend
Everyone needs to relax.hTat right there is the best that the nets can get. The knicks are awaiting the return of felton, wallace, and camby, as well as the recovery of shump and stat into consistent basketball mode. Melo missed that shot because he was exhausted.

We've heard that too many times, it's getting to the point that's becoming political language and it has no real meaning.

These games matter.

What guarantees us to be in prime form in the playoffs? Health isn't certain.

We should beat the Nets at home without Felton. We have to play like the best in the East.

bigapple

Starter
Novak is just taskman
all he does is 3pt
but i dont think that he knows that he CAN shot as in your face i dont know maybe he is afraid of block but just look @ Tim hardaway he does same.

Now if they will be playing same with Felton i am worry that we will be again out of playofss but this time in 2nd round.

There was no D in 1st half

There is TOO MUCh simply on MELO and he need 2nd scorer STAT all what he can doo is just dunking

lot mismatches WTF is this Lopez vs Kidd

i HOPE that Felton will change everything.

since 18-6 we are 6 - 8

Now Pacers are nr 1 D team

Bulls are 5th

we cant just look @ Heat

now we can simply jump down from 2nd seed to 5th

i was waiting for this game since AJ was fired and PJ 10-1
and i am simply dissapointed.

Knicks are only team in NBA that from beggining of the season HAVE NOT full roster available in 1 game.Now we got only 2 missing Camby and Wallace. Felton will b back this week.