Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks VS. Celtics 1/24 : TNT ( Pre Game & Game Thread)

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Default Knicks VS. Celtics 1/24 : TNT ( Pre Game & Game Thread)

Everyone knows the spotlight will be on Carmelo and Kevin Garnett at the TD Garden. Things got physical as expected in the first meeting of the year between the Knicks and the Celtics. The Knicks want that title now, but Anthony and his teammates were reminded how tough the Celtics can make it.

Anthony had 20 points but shot 6 of 26 while battling his temper, Garnett and foul trouble.

Garnett denied the postgame altercation.

"Listen, heat of the battle, man. Guys go back and forth. He's trying to get his team to go, I'm trying to get my team to go, both teams are colliding, not to mention that it's the Knicks and the Celtics," Garnett said. "Just what it is, man."

J.R. Smith led the Knicks with 24 points. Tyson Chandler had 13 points and 17 rebounds.

"I didn't know what was going on at that point in time," Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire said. "It's strictly basketball. We have to keep it on the basketball court and make sure we come to play every night. Boston will definitely bring the intensity and aggressive play. We got to be able to match that.

The 2013 NBA All-Star Game should feature a batch of fresh faces ready to show the world that they're for real

Chandler leads the league with an insane 70.3 field-goal percentage. Improving with age, he is now one of the game's elite scorers working off the pick-and-roll.

He has also mastered the catch-and-dunk to such perfection that the MSG Network's crew formulated the nickname "Lob Gotham City." Ever since the Knicks signed him prior to the 2011 season, he has been the hero New York deserves.

With his All-Star-caliber play, Smith has become the New York Knicks' co-MVP.

Smith has always been one of the most mercurial players in the NBA. For every great performance came another one in which you were left wondering why Smith was even granted the opportunity to play.

At the age of 27, however, it appears as if Smith has finally put it all together.

White was approached by union officials last week about the dunk competition. The union has more influence in the Saturday night skill competitions in the new format in which the conferences compete against each other. A team captain will be chosen for the East and West and make the final call on participants.

This is what he does. He catches from far away. He shoots from far away. Sometimes he doesn't even look at the rim. He's literally programmed with rim radar. With nobody defending, I'll take Steve Novak as my pick to win the 2013 NBA Three-Point Shootout.

KEY TO THE GAME

With the focus on KG tonight look for P Double to have a great night. He stuggled in their last game vs the Cavs. Hate him or Love him Paul Peirce is a big game player especially after a not so good game. Who ever is on PP needs to run him off the 3 point line and not fall for the pump fake to get you in the air and him at the charity stripe

TONIGHT'S STARTING 5

VS

Last edited by Knicks4Life_1985; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:09.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Veteran

The Celtics are not playing well right now, thereís no real hunger or a sense of urgency in their play. The only people I would worry about are Paul and Rondo. They play well in big games and seem to love beating the Knicks. I expect a very physical game because Knicks need the win, plus they will look weak and dysfunctional if they lose to the struggling Celtics now. Iím thinking Boston will catch second wind towards the end of the season, but right now the Knicks have the advantage and should pwn them thoroughly in this game. Donít be surprised if some technicals are dished out in this game. Hopefully Melo is well fed this time around; perhaps he should play like a cereal killer and devour the beef once and for all.
    Old Homestead co-owner Greg Sherry with his porterhouse-Honey Nut-Bordelaise creation, inspired by Carmelo Anthony-Kevin Garnett feud.

Better Melo step up and break Paul Poo knees.

Superstar

Can't handle loosing to them again.. For the love of god just win this one PLEASE...

we cant loose that

i just cant handle Barkley if we loose

most imporant hope for Pierce wont be streaky again he sucked vs Bulls with KG too only Rondo was keeping them till 6th foul

that are 2nd mission after 2-2 with NEts

Originally Posted by bigapple
    we cant loose that

i just cant handle Barkley if we loose

most imporant hope for Pierce wont be streaky again he sucked vs Bulls with KG too only Rondo was keeping them till 6th foul

that are 2nd mission after 2-2 with NEts
    barkley is going to be calling the tnt game in phoenix so if the knicks lose we won't have to hear too much of his mouth about the knicks.

Default celtdicks lose to cavs

ah-haaaa....
    Celtdicks lose to Cavs tonite behind Killer Kyrie's 40 pt night.

'dicks!

Superstar

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    ah-haaaa....

'dicks!
    As long as they lose and the heat lose. I'm good with us losing but we have to start winning consistently again

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Lurker

We better beat these ****ers...
    Last edited by BlackRussian36; Jan 23, 2013 at 14:50.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    ah-haaaa....

'dicks!
    Well executed .gif

we have to USE situation of C's right now i dont remember when last time Knicks won @ TD garden

Really could do with a win in this one, not only because its the Celtics but also to boost our record in Atlantic Division games. I think one of the play-off seeding tie breaks is division record and the Nets are 9-3 while we're only 4-3. Unless we go pretty much unbeaten against Atlantic Division opponents for the rest of the season the Nets could have the tie break advantage come play-off time.

Veteran

This is some BullShaaaat ....
    I bet $$$ on Boston at MSG, now Im expected to bet $$$ on Knicks at Boston Garden.
    My Brooklyn Neighbor lost to me on the 49ers & Raven games, and won it all back in the 4 days rested Knicks home-game vs Brooklyn.

39 games in the season and my Knicks are still softer than the cookie

losing two games from "points off of turnovers" we score 5 points off of 19 turnovers why? Melo & JR total 13-44 fga in a game we only shot 76 fga ..
    Im not going for that "Honeynutcheerios" bullshaaaat, if we won dat game do u think Melo wouldve went to KG bus???????????
    Im losing $$$ on important games because two-idiots dont want to PASS the ball...

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This is some BullShaaaat ....
    I bet $$$ on Boston at MSG, now Im expected to bet $$$ on Knicks at Boston Garden.
    My Brooklyn Neighbor lost to me on the 49ers & Raven games, and won it all back in the 4 days rested Knicks home-game vs Brooklyn.

39 games in the season and my Knicks are still softer than the cookie

losing two games from "points off of turnovers" we score 5 points off of 19 turnovers why? Melo & JR total 13-44 fga in a game we only shot 76 fga ..
    Im not going for that "Honeynutcheerios" bullshaaaat, if we won dat game do u think Melo wouldve went to KG bus???????????
    Im losing $$$ on important games because two-idiots dont want to PASS the ball...

I agree if we win he does not show up outside. I think Melo is cool enough to put everything into perspective moving forward. He knows he and the Knicks as a team have been hit hard with T's so dont expect any drama. In regards to passing the ball I actually think we are moving the ball pretty good just not for 4 quarters. We need to play the second and third quarter like 1st and 4th.