Knicks VS. Celtics 1/24 : TNT ( Pre Game & Game Thread)

smokes

Huge Member
We got lucky tonight with this W but I'll take it.

Knicks still play too much one on one we moved the ball so well previously I don't get why it's coming to a standstill so frequently lately.

Luckily we ran into a slumping Celtics who let us get away with this one. Broke the curse at TD Garden.

Regardless of the quality of the game there's plenty of positives. Good to see Melo/KG thing die, STAT had a great game hopefully this boosts his confidence, and we needed this win fingers crossed that will set us up for the next few games we need a mini streak to end the month and maintain good position in the East.

Sage

Rotation player
Smart way for the Knicks to finish that, by moving the ball.

Unfortunately those last two posessions were awful and let Boston back into it. Still, was a good game and soooo so happy to get the win.

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
We got lucky tonight with this W but I'll take it.

Knicks still play too much one on one we moved the ball so well previously I don't get why it's coming to a standstill so frequently lately.

Luckily we ran into a slumping Celtics who let us get away with this one. Broke the curse at TD Garden.

Regardless of the quality of the game there's plenty of positives. Good to see Melo/KG thing die, STAT had a great game hopefully this boosts his confidence, and we needed this win fingers crossed that will set us up for the next few games we need a mini streak to end the month and maintain good position in the East.

Raymond Felton.

If you watch the 2 PGs we have now, Kidd and Prigioni, they are not threats to really drive to the basket and score. The threat is what makes other guys wide open. Because Felton can score when he drives, someone must cover when he drives on a pick and roll, leading to alley oops and passes to wide open players.

If you watch Kidd, he gets the ball, dribbles back and forth along the 3 point line waiting for something to happen rather than forcing the issue. He doesn't have the ability to do what good point guards do and drive or create a shot, because of his age perhaps. Prigioni is not much better, although he did take good shots this game.

Look forward to Felton coming back.

KingCharles34

All Star
Great win fellas...we gotta keep it up, theres a few teams right behind us. Brooklyn vs Memphis tomorrow night, ZBo i know u not with us no more but we need u to help us out

metrocard

Legend
Great win fellas...we gotta keep it up, theres a few teams right behind us. Brooklyn vs Memphis tomorrow night, ZBo i know u not with us no more but we need u to help us out

6cv8C.gif

Red

TYPE-A
I would call your concerns misguided.

1st- Coach doesn't have to draw up special plays to get 3's (especially for Novak). Why? Because we were MORE THAN FORMIDABLE from the arc based on our sytem and game plan. We did lead the league in attempts and avg. (Sans specific Novak plays) yet something is different... I'll get to that

2nd- JR Smith is not only having the season of his career; he's demonstrated more focus on defense, team play wih assists, and clutch game-winning shots. Not even famed coach Karl got those results.

3rd- Occam's Razor states the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

No team in sports can sustain the same level of performance while missing key components to prior success, unless of course they replace the lost parts with equal or better ones... simple.

Now due to the fact that Felton and perhaps Wallace were undervalued it escapes minds that maybe we aren't as good missing key components... just maybe.

Since MDA our knicks have taken 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Case in point:

This year...

Felton comes in... STAT bangs knees gets hurt
STAT comes back... Felton gets hurt
Shump comes back... Wallace & camby hurt

Before it was...

Melo comes in... whole new squad needs to gel quickly, no camp
Stat and Melo begin to semi-click under MDA... Stat hurts back
No training camp/short season... We remove coach
New coach has positive impact... Stat gets hurt

On and on and on we go. Never able to fully gel with a full squad. That means no real identity to fall back on in tought times... and we're still waiting.

Thank you.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Raymond Felton.

If you watch the 2 PGs we have now, Kidd and Prigioni, they are not threats to really drive to the basket and score. The threat is what makes other guys wide open. Because Felton can score when he drives, someone must cover when he drives on a pick and roll, leading to alley oops and passes to wide open players.

If you watch Kidd, he gets the ball, dribbles back and forth along the 3 point line waiting for something to happen rather than forcing the issue. He doesn't have the ability to do what good point guards do and drive or create a shot, because of his age perhaps. Prigioni is not much better, although he did take good shots this game.

Look forward to Felton coming back.

We need a point guard that is pass first, shoot second.
Which Felton are we going to see?
The one that started this season and was distributing the ball, getting everyone involved on offense, running the team like a good poind guard should, or Felton that was taking too many shots(30 shots in one game), playing one on one, taking ill advised shots, ignoring wide opened teammates? We will see
Looking forward to Felton pass first shoot second version coming back

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Who wanted Jr swish to stop shooting.??? Loll dont hidee

I am behind JR and Melo to shoot until they cant lift off the court. It tells you alot about a guy's heart to take that shot and lock up on D on the final drive after shooting horrible all game like that.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Nice game from the Knicks (just watched it through on League Pass, might have to subscribe after the free trial). Although the shots weren't falling and the selection was poor, was great to see JR keep focus on the other parts of his game like defence and rebounding. Pierce turning it over twice in the last minute was sweet, especially after the amount of times he's killed the Knicks in the past. Amar'e still getting better and better, struggled with foul trouble but the block and dunk in transition was a great play and more like the pre-trade Amar'e that signed as a free agent and was getting MVP chants. More of the same please.

Did anyone else notice Garnett taking a couple of cheap shots at Shump in this game? A few times he left his leg in on screens, sly little pushes and knees everywhere. Maybe I'm being a bit biased and over protective of Shump and even Garnett wouldn't deliberately try to reinjure a second year guy coming off ACL surgery but still glad we got this one over them and the cheap shots didn't work.