Knicks VS. Celtics 1/24 : TNT ( Pre Game & Game Thread)

CoolClyde

if this be the game thread...

if this is indeed the official GT, figure i'd throw in the only thing to really appreciate about Boston:

boston_cilfs.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
Open-Minded

Knicks need to get back on their game. I'm still a little pissed that Felton isn't playing tomorrow but will play on Saturday. WTF is that all about? The Knicks need to let that man play basketball. He's already said he could play right now. What's the difference in 2 days??? Is there less chance for injury? Totally stupid.

The Knicks organization became suspect when they had the medical-staff announce Felton's fractured pinky-finger will have him side-line for 4 to 6 weeks WTF.
At the time we all wanted Woodson to do something quick about Felton's crazy shoot-first performance averaging 16 to 17 shot attempts per game, but we damn sure didnt want Felton to be side-line for 4 to 6 weeks.
This is the NBA, over half of the scorers in the NBA perform all season with one or two fractured-fingers, this is noticeable when u ask for an autograph.

Rondo miss the last Knicks game for suspension, while Felton miss the game for trying to out shoot Melo .... bullshaaat like this is considered "Garbage-Talk" not honeynutcheerieos

Kiyaman

Legend
Broad-Minded

Knicks record 25-14
Brooklyn record 26-16
To damn close .......

We are not in any position where we can take a loss in any of our next 9 games .. Stat/Shump/and Kidd could beat Boston in Boston.
All 9 games are easy winnable games with a healthy rotation of 12 players .... Tyson/Stat/Melo/Kurt/Novak/Copeland/JR/Shump/Brewer/Prig/Kidd/and a comeback Felton.
Knicks record 34-14

All we have to do is let Stat lead us in scoring a few games, then Novak lead us in scoring a couple games, and let Tyson & Felton lead us in scoring a couple of games .. Melo & JR do not have to lead us in scoring EVERY EFF-ing GAME .. their run for ALL-STAR status is over tonight.
We can not play Team-Ball with Melo trying to hang with Kobe & Durant 29 points per game, plus have an inconsistent 9 year career JR.smith as our 2nd option in scoring, when we have much better option on the bench .. Melo & JR have to take the backseat some games and share the NY lime-light by letting other teammates get high scores...

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Agree that some other guys need to start stepping up and take some scoring burden off Melo and JR. STAT is starting to get back to his old self, scoring around 15 PPG over his last few which is good. Tyson's scoring seems to have dropped right off though but Felton coming back will help with better lobs/pick and roll, and Felton's a better scoring option than Kidd/Prigioni. Hopefully like Kiyaman says Melo and JR will realise there are other more than capable scorers on this team healthy and ready to go and will defer to them more.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
NO EXCUSES!!!!

Celtics are god awful, can't defend, can't score, just garbage. Biggest game of the season, loss here is simply inexcusable.

let Novak lead us in scoring a couple games...QUOTE]

:confused:
How do you expect him to lead us in scoring? all he's ever done is shoot the long ball... and he has been very inconsistant with that lately. This would be the neatest trick I've ever witnessed if he happens to lead the Knicks to a win by being the lead scorer. A miracle if it happens in one game, but to think he can do it in a couple of games is being severely overly optimistic, imho.

KingCharles34

All Star
You guys are killin me with the CeltD*ck jokes, this thread already has my dyin :lol:

I wanna see Melo at PF more now that Shump can play more minutes. Novak and Copeland are killin us defensively, Stat too

Im confident that we're gonna get this win tonight. Avery Bradley aint 100% and Rondo didnt play last time. I think in some ways he hurts them, they try too hard to force the offense through him.

When they play more of a team game, they seem to score more points. Id be curious to see how many points a game they average without Rondo vs with Rondo

I got some more artwork, nothing new but some classic images

garn-old-copy.jpg

frabz-I-dont-always-drink-But-I-do-when-I-watch-these-old-ass-celtics--8c9d56.jpg

kg_peg.jpg

paul_pierce_body_cast_phixr.png

c4e8ff3a.png

132689691.gif

AtOd0WICAAAE2uP.jpg:large

Kiyaman

Legend
let Novak lead us in scoring a couple games...QUOTE]

:confused:
How do you expect him to lead us in scoring? all he's ever done is shoot the long ball... and he has been very inconsistant with that lately. This would be the neatest trick I've ever witnessed if he happens to lead the Knicks to a win by being the lead scorer. A miracle if it happens in one game, but to think he can do it in a couple of games is being severely overly optimistic, imho.

ha ha ha .... lastseason Novak lead us in scoring in several games .. it got us to resign Novak to a $16M 4 year contract.
We dont screen/pick/or run any design 3-point play for a peremeter shooter Novak who has the ability to hit from either corner of the 3-ball line.

We average 30 3-ball attempts per game .. Novak has the highest percentage on the team in 3-ball shots with 45% however, Novak average 4 attempts out of the 30 attempts per game, what does that say about the team?
We let a 33% JR.smith take 5 attempts per game from the 3-ball line LOL
Melo takes 7 attempts at 42% .. Kidd takes 5 attempts at 42%, Copeland takes 2 attempts at 38%.

In our 39 games has coach Woodson drawed up a 3-point "design-play" to use at crunchtime? the kind of 3-ball play after a time-out u seen several times from players Ray Allen, Pierce, Wade, Ginobli, Rip, R.Miller, Houston, Steve Kerr, and Horry use throughout their career in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend

Not exactly 3 but I'll take that

not me .. when JR.smith no-effort on defense, inconsistent shooting, and bad decision-making are the #1 reason we have problems taking a lead, holding a lead, or expanding a lead.

u need to stop with the "youtube" and start looking at stat-sheets on the quarters we get outscored in the most. vs Brooklyn we forced the Nets to committ 19 turnovers but we only scored 5 points off of 19 turnovers

ha ha ha .... lastseason Novak lead us in scoring in several games .. it got us to resign Novak to a $16M 4 year contract.
We dont screen/pick/or run any design 3-point play for a peremeter shooter Novak who has the ability to hit from either corner of the 3-ball line.

We average 30 3-ball attempts per game .. Novak has the highest percentage on the team in 3-ball shots with 45% however, Novak average 4 attempts out of the 30 attempts per game, what does that say about the team?
We let a 33% JR.smith take 5 attempts per game from the 3-ball line LOL
Melo takes 7 attempts at 42% .. Kidd takes 5 attempts at 42%, Copeland takes 2 attempts at 38%.

In our 39 games has coach Woodson drawed up a 3-point "design-play" to use at crunchtime? the kind of 3-ball play after a time-out u seen several times from players Ray Allen, Pierce, Wade, Ginobli, Rip, R.Miller, Houston, Steve Kerr, and Horry use throughout their career in the NBA.

Novak is not on Ray Allen, Pierce, Wade, Ginobli, Rip, R.Miller, Houston, Steve Kerr, or Horry's level. I know you didn't mean it that way but was just making an example. But to be fair about it... I think he comes closest to Horry, but horry was consistant with that shot and he did a little bit extra to help the team.

The thing with Novacaine is that's all he has, and if it isn't working he looks lost out there. I think he has good foot work but his awareness sucks, he should learn how to pick up the charge....as most players will try to dunk on him if he's anywhere in the paint. He needs to use that thought process to his advantage, seek out x-teammate Jared Jefferies and learn the tricks of the trade of positioning around the paint. If he learns that it will amp his confidence and should open up his game more.

There have been many uncontested shots for Nova and he still missed them. I think if he contributes more in other areas of the game his shot will come back and we will run more plays for him. As of now, his shot is suspect so I think coach is just using him to spread the floor more, almost like a decoy. I don?t think we can afford to give him more min?s than he is already getting because he?s lacking production, this is why I believe Copeland is getting the shine because he can do what Novak is suppose to do?.and a little more.

I also don?t want Melo and JR taking so many shots because it takes our other threats out of the game, especially when they are long range jumpers. Your team can?t get much rebounds or a sense of rhythm that way. Most of our losses came with both of them shooting over 20 a piece, the problem should be obvious. I believe Melo will come around soon enough; I think he?s starting to realize he?ll never win a chip if he is the only one in the zone. He needs to learn how to get his teammates involved more?instead of just being the example of scoring excellence.

to add: IMO, Melo and JR swish are like Batman and Robin, they know each other tendencies very well, and they?re a team within a team that sometimes forgets the Justice league has their back. The last Dynamic Duo?s to do it was Wade and Bron, and Pippen and Jordan, but they also got their teammates into the fight. This is our problem, trusting in our teammates and uplifting them when they?re struggling will remedy most of our flaws. If I was in the NBA, and if I wasn?t an scoring option on the team? yet the number one scoring threat on my team is showing me love and trust?I will put in that extra effort in my all around game even if my shot was failing me. People have the tendency to go all out for a true leader. Melo is not yet thinking on that level, but we have plenty of time for him to figure it out.:crossfingers: hopefully...

Kiyaman

Legend
Novak is not on Ray Allen, Pierce, Wade, Ginobli, Rip, R.Miller, Houston, Steve Kerr, or Horry's level. I know you didn't mean it that way but was just making an example. But to be fair about it... I think he comes closest to Horry, but horry was consistant with that shot and he did a little bit extra to help the team.
[/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

I was referring to coach Woodson, not having any design 3 point-play to use in crunchtime .. the above name players use design-plays that when they come around the screen or double screen for the open 3-ball shot, u would say thats Larry Bird or Cooper ole play.
On MLK Day, we needed a team design play for an open 3-ball shot vs Brooklyn, we had NONE.

Melo and JR swish are like Batman and Robin, they know each other tendencies very well,
Batman & Robin had 7 seasons on the Denver Nuggets, their team success then is the same as the Denver Nuggets success without them.
Dont HYPE them up to be something they are not.

Last edited: