Knicks VS. Celtics 1/24 : TNT ( Pre Game & Game Thread)

Sage

Rotation player
I don't think I'm going to get to watch this game (live at least). It's definitely going to be tough againt the Celtics in Boston.

Ball movement is going to be key (as always) and they've got to not switch as much on screens, Chandler ended up on Pierce way too much.

Red

TYPE-A
I was referring to coach Woodson, not having any design 3 point-play to use in crunchtime .. the above name players use design-plays that when they come around the screen or double screen for the open 3-ball shot, u would say thats Larry Bird or Cooper ole play.
On MLK Day, we needed a team design play for an open 3-ball shot vs Brooklyn, we had NONE.

Batman & Robin had 7 seasons on the Denver Nuggets, their team success then is the same as the Denver Nuggets success without them.
Dont HYPE them up to be something they are not.

I would call your concerns misguided.

1st- Coach doesn't have to draw up special plays to get 3's (especially for Novak). Why? Because we were MORE THAN FORMIDABLE from the arc based on our sytem and game plan. We did lead the league in attempts and avg. (Sans specific Novak plays) yet something is different... I'll get to that

2nd- JR Smith is not only having the season of his career; he's demonstrated more focus on defense, team play wih assists, and clutch game-winning shots. Not even famed coach Karl got those results.

3rd- Occam's Razor states the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

No team in sports can sustain the same level of performance while missing key components to prior success, unless of course they replace the lost parts with equal or better ones... simple.

Now due to the fact that Felton and perhaps Wallace were unervalued it escapes minds that maybe we aren't as good missing key components... just maybe.

Since MDA our knicks have taken 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Case in point:

This year...

Felton comes in... STAT bangs knees gets hurt
STAT comes back... Felton gets hurt
Shump comes back... Wallace & camby hurt

Before it was...

Melo comes in... whole new squad needs to gel quickly, no camp
Stat and Melo begin to semi-click under MDA... Stat hurts back
No training camp/short season... We remove coach
New coach has positive impact... Stat gets hurt

On and on and on we go. Never able to fully gel with a full squad. That means no real identity to fall back on in tought times... and we're still waiting.

jimkcchief88

All Star
probably not. Melo is an egotistical hot-head sore loser.
- when he's fouled and it's not called, he pouts and complains and doesn't run back on defense,
then he gets mad and can't control himself, leading to technicals. when angry, he tries to shoot
his way back into games, instead of letting the game come to him, or looking to distribute to open men.

aside from that, he's a great player, just not the consummate professional.

expect to see a lot of Honey Nut Cheerios references at Boston Garden.

Both of y'all need to stop hating on our MVP candidate. If MELO wasn't a consummate pro he wouldn't have elevated his game to be in the MVP conversation....if you wanna see crying, watch a Miami Heat game check watch overgrown Lebron cry whenever the defense breaths on him....Melo's headband gets knocked crooked and he STILL gets no love......not even from so-called Knicks fans....um um um:( Go knick, beat the smelldicks:)

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The Rest of the All-Stars were announced and Melo jersey's is rightfully center stage for the East :gony:

ScreenShot2013-01-24at4.03.01PM_original.png

metrocard

Legend
Both of y'all need to stop hating on our MVP candidate. If MELO wasn't a consummate pro he wouldn't have elevated his game to be in the MVP conversation....if you wanna see crying, watch a Miami Heat game check watch overgrown Lebron cry whenever the defense breaths on him....Melo's headband gets knocked crooked and he STILL gets no love......not even from so-called Knicks fans....um um um:( Go knick, beat the smelldicks:)

Jim, I love Melo.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Melo goes for 52 points tonight.

Celtics are really struggling right now i hope we can get this win on the road against a hungry team. Little bit of revenge.

Expect to see more aggressiveness from STAT! 15-25 points.

Shumpert's D!!!!

Letss goooooo light up

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
16:16, Amare with a single point and a rebound after approx. 30 seconds of play.

BTW, I freaking love that Spike-King commercial. "And Bernard King, he was giving the Nets the BUSINESS!" :smokin:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Ashame Melo has to play all these minutes, by the time the 4th quarter comes Melo always looks a little sluggish.

We really need other players to step up

KingCharles34

All Star
^

Yessir hes looking healthy, our defense is actually looking better with Stat in there then it did with Chandler. Those are words that i never thought i would type