Knicks VS. Celtics 1/24 : TNT ( Pre Game & Game Thread)

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★

round_2.jpg

b92b696e59ce11e2a3d522000a9f13e2_7.jpg

Everyone knows the spotlight will be on Carmelo and Kevin Garnett at the TD Garden. Things got physical as expected in the first meeting of the year between the Knicks and the Celtics. The Knicks want that title now, but Anthony and his teammates were reminded how tough the Celtics can make it.

Anthony had 20 points but shot 6 of 26 while battling his temper, Garnett and foul trouble.

Garnett denied the postgame altercation.

"Listen, heat of the battle, man. Guys go back and forth. He's trying to get his team to go, I'm trying to get my team to go, both teams are colliding, not to mention that it's the Knicks and the Celtics," Garnett said. "Just what it is, man."

J.R. Smith led the Knicks with 24 points. Tyson Chandler had 13 points and 17 rebounds.

b34e23fa65a511e29ad022000a1f9a79_7.jpg

"I didn't know what was going on at that point in time," Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire said. "It's strictly basketball. We have to keep it on the basketball court and make sure we come to play every night. Boston will definitely bring the intensity and aggressive play. We got to be able to match that.

The 2013 NBA All-Star Game should feature a batch of fresh faces ready to show the world that they're for real

4b257ffe52d511e29df022000a1fb07c_7.jpg

Chandler leads the league with an insane 70.3 field-goal percentage. Improving with age, he is now one of the game's elite scorers working off the pick-and-roll.

He has also mastered the catch-and-dunk to such perfection that the MSG Network's crew formulated the nickname "Lob Gotham City." Ever since the Knicks signed him prior to the 2011 season, he has been the hero New York deserves.

7fd11220650611e2b41b22000a1f9a15_7.jpg

With his All-Star-caliber play, Smith has become the New York Knicks' co-MVP.

Smith has always been one of the most mercurial players in the NBA. For every great performance came another one in which you were left wondering why Smith was even granted the opportunity to play.

At the age of 27, however, it appears as if Smith has finally put it all together.

9463309264f211e291de22000a9f169d_7.jpg

White was approached by union officials last week about the dunk competition. The union has more influence in the Saturday night skill competitions in the new format in which the conferences compete against each other. A team captain will be chosen for the East and West and make the final call on participants.

a3afcf865f7211e2a50222000a1fb870_7.jpg
This is what he does. He catches from far away. He shoots from far away. Sometimes he doesn't even look at the rim. He's literally programmed with rim radar. With nobody defending, I'll take Steve Novak as my pick to win the 2013 NBA Three-Point Shootout.

KEY TO THE GAME
bos_a_pierce03_576.jpg
boston_cilfs.jpg

With the focus on KG tonight look for P Double to have a great night. He stuggled in their last game vs the Cavs. Hate him or Love him Paul Peirce is a big game player especially after a not so good game. Who ever is on PP needs to run him off the 3 point line and not fall for the pump fake to get you in the air and him at the charity stripe

a4f6860e5a1411e2bcd822000a9f129c_7.jpg

TONIGHT'S STARTING 5
164398_557864137576400_366209093_n.jpg

VS
252694_557864474243033_385023916_n.jpg

Last edited:
The Celtics are not playing well right now, there?s no real hunger or a sense of urgency in their play. The only people I would worry about are Paul and Rondo. They play well in big games and seem to love beating the Knicks. I expect a very physical game because Knicks need the win, plus they will look weak and dysfunctional if they lose to the struggling Celtics now. I?m thinking Boston will catch second wind towards the end of the season, but right now the Knicks have the advantage and should pwn them thoroughly in this game. Don?t be surprised if some technicals are dished out in this game. Hopefully Melo is well fed this time around; perhaps he should play like a cereal killer and devour the beef once and for all.
confweb116-7-web.jpg

Old Homestead co-owner Greg Sherry with his porterhouse-Honey Nut-Bordelaise creation, inspired by Carmelo Anthony-Kevin Garnett feud.

bigapple

Starter
we cant loose that

i just cant handle Barkley if we loose

most imporant hope for Pierce wont be streaky again he sucked vs Bulls with KG too only Rondo was keeping them till 6th foul

that are 2nd mission after 2-2 with NEts

erivera

Benchwarmer
we cant loose that

i just cant handle Barkley if we loose

most imporant hope for Pierce wont be streaky again he sucked vs Bulls with KG too only Rondo was keeping them till 6th foul

that are 2nd mission after 2-2 with NEts

barkley is going to be calling the tnt game in phoenix so if the knicks lose we won't have to hear too much of his mouth about the knicks.

CoolClyde

celtdicks lose to cavs

ah-haaaa....
Celtdicks lose to Cavs tonite behind Killer Kyrie's 40 pt night.

3celtdicks_ani.gif

'dicks!

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Really could do with a win in this one, not only because its the Celtics but also to boost our record in Atlantic Division games. I think one of the play-off seeding tie breaks is division record and the Nets are 9-3 while we're only 4-3. Unless we go pretty much unbeaten against Atlantic Division opponents for the rest of the season the Nets could have the tie break advantage come play-off time.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is some BullShaaaat ....
I bet $$$ on Boston at MSG, now Im expected to bet $$$ on Knicks at Boston Garden.
My Brooklyn Neighbor lost to me on the 49ers & Raven games, and won it all back in the 4 days rested Knicks home-game vs Brooklyn.

39 games in the season and my Knicks are still softer than the cookie

losing two games from "points off of turnovers" we score 5 points off of 19 turnovers why? Melo & JR total 13-44 fga in a game we only shot 76 fga ..
Im not going for that "Honeynutcheerios" bullshaaaat, if we won dat game do u think Melo wouldve went to KG bus???????????
Im losing $$$ on important games because two-idiots dont want to PASS the ball...

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
This is some BullShaaaat ....
I bet $$$ on Boston at MSG, now Im expected to bet $$$ on Knicks at Boston Garden.
My Brooklyn Neighbor lost to me on the 49ers & Raven games, and won it all back in the 4 days rested Knicks home-game vs Brooklyn.

39 games in the season and my Knicks are still softer than the cookie

losing two games from "points off of turnovers" we score 5 points off of 19 turnovers why? Melo & JR total 13-44 fga in a game we only shot 76 fga ..
Im not going for that "Honeynutcheerios" bullshaaaat, if we won dat game do u think Melo wouldve went to KG bus???????????
Im losing $$$ on important games because two-idiots dont want to PASS the ball...

I agree if we win he does not show up outside. I think Melo is cool enough to put everything into perspective moving forward. He knows he and the Knicks as a team have been hit hard with T's so dont expect any drama. In regards to passing the ball I actually think we are moving the ball pretty good just not for 4 quarters. We need to play the second and third quarter like 1st and 4th.:gony:

CoolClyde

Im not going for that "Honeynutcheerios" bullshaaaat, if we won dat game do u think Melo wouldve went to KG bus???????????...

probably not. Melo is an egotistical hot-head sore loser.
- when he's fouled and it's not called, he pouts and complains and doesn't run back on defense,
then he gets mad and can't control himself, leading to technicals. when angry, he tries to shoot
his way back into games, instead of letting the game come to him, or looking to distribute to open men.

aside from that, he's a great player, just not the consummate professional.

expect to see a lot of Honey Nut Cheerios references at Boston Garden.

Kiyaman

Legend
probably not. Melo is an egotistical hot-head sore loser.
- when he's fouled and it's not called, he pouts and complains and doesn't run back on defense,
then he gets mad and can't control himself, leading to technicals. when angry, he tries to shoot
his way back into games, instead of letting the game come to him, or looking to distribute to open men.

aside from that, he's a great player, just not the consummate professional.
expect to see a lot of Honey Nut Cheerios references at Boston Garden.

u evaluated Melo to the teee ....... but check it .. have u ever played against oponents that started arguing with each other on court, and u or your teammate added more wood to their fire by whispering "u right" to one of the arguing oponents. That's what I believe happen in the so-call "Honeynutcheerios" incident .. and Dolan believe the same as me by putting up high-ballance micro-phones to hear the disagreement between Knicks players .... the first game of the micro-phones we witness Melo throw the ball down low to Amare 4 times in the 4th quarter, somebody been listening to Amare yell for the ball the first 3 quarters...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Knicks need to get back on their game. I'm still a little pissed that Felton isn't playing tomorrow but will play on Saturday. WTF is that all about? The Knicks need to let that man play basketball. He's already said he could play right now. What's the difference in 2 days??? Is there less chance for injury? Totally stupid.

CoolClyde

u evaluated Melo to the teee ....... but check it .. have u ever played against oponents that started arguing with each other on court, and u or your teammate added more wood to their fire by whispering "u right" to one of the arguing oponents. That's what I believe happen in the so-call "Honeynutcheerios" incident .. and Dolan believe the same as me by putting up high-ballance micro-phones to hear the disagreement between Knicks players .... the first game of the micro-phones we witness Melo throw the ball down low to Amare 4 times in the 4th quarter, somebody been listening to Amare yell for the ball the first 3 quarters...

i forgot to mention he also delivers cheap fouls when he's p*ssed off.
i don't think anyone needs to add (or added honey nut) fuel to the fire when it comes to hothead Melo. IMHO

if Melo continues his unselfish play dishing to STAT (and others), we could see a whole new Knicks team, similar to the team that opened the season, where Melo was all about sharing, and not caring about scoring, not being in a sh*tty mood from dieting, etc.