Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Concerns with Coach Woodson. Are you Mike Woodson, or Mike D'Antoni?

Thumbs down Smh

Coach Woodson really has me shaking my head (SMH).

1. No Amare (our other star) down the stretch

2. No K-Mart, although we need size and defense

3. No moves made to replace Wallace until the deadline, and then he sits the replacement (see 2)

4. So many minutes for Novak

5. Smith as streaky as a modern day Starks

6. Shump playing the 3

7. Small lineups

Wtf is this guy doing?

8. Camby warming the bench

Yo!

9. James White starting?

Really!?

The only logic for these moves is Woodson is comfortable with our lead and will change things up (rotation wise) come the playoffs.

I didn't mention jettisoning Brewer, one of only 3 defenders we had.

You blow a 16 point lead... you deserve criticism.

Woodson has me smh. I think we can all see the writing on the wall.

On paper we are one of the deepest teams in the league. Our size alone should give teams fits. But we'll keep this self defeating thing going right up until we pack are bags and go on vacation to play golf.

Tell me, given this exact team and circumstances (Wallace out forever)... what would Phil Jackson do?

You think he'd sit STAT citing injury recovery time, yet start Shump out of position off an Acl injury?

Smh. Just smh. Coach downgrade.
    Last edited by Red; Mar 04, 2013 at 12:39.

There is no doubt that Woodson is looking more like Mike D`Antoni than Mike D`Antoni looks like Mike D`Antoni.

What the hell is wrong with his starting five? His subs? Pathetic.

Put Shump in his position of shooting guard. Melo at the 3. Amare at the 4.

I`m rapidly losing faith in Woodson. And to make matters worse he is actually retrograding as the season goes on.

Veteran

I hate to say it but Woody got outcoached yesterday. Spo moves to take the ball out of MELO's hands on the 3rd and where was the counter-move??? And to just sit and watch JR shoot you out of the game???? I knew that last TO was coming cause when JR starts playing too fast he does dumb stuff...Woody says he is going to "discuss" shot selection with JR???? I would have "discussed" it with JR in-game about 6 inches from his face, spittle flying, while JR was on the BENCH sitting next to me....I also would have "discussed" with officials the no-calls on our offensive end. Crybaby Bron got his 2 cents in, so would I even if I ended up getting tossed....You can't let the zebras rob your team in your own house.... Seriously from college to NBA basketball is becominng unwatchable because the of the officiating...The blown/no-calls in favor of the blueblood teams is ridiculous
    Last edited by jimkcchief88; Mar 04, 2013 at 11:32. Reason: spelling

Originally Posted by Red
    Coach Woodson really has me shaking my head (SMH).

1. No Amare (our other star) down the stretch

2. No K-Mart, although we need size and defense

3. No moves made to replace Wallace until the deadline, and then he sits the replacement (see 2)

4. So may minutes for Novak

5. Smith as streaky as a moder day Starks

6. Shump playing the 3

7. Small lineups

Wtf is this guy doing?

8. Camby warming the bench

Yo!

9. James White starting?

Really!?

The only logic for these moves is Woodson is comfortable with our lead and will change things up (rotation wise) come the playoffs.

I didn't mention jettisoning Brewer, one of only 3 defenders we had.

You blow a 16 point lead... you deserve criticism.

Woodson has me smh. I think we can all see the writing on the wall.

On paper we are one of the deepest teams in the league. Our size alone should give teams fits. But we'll keep this self defeating thing going right up until we pack are bags and go on vacation to play golf.

Tell me, given this exact team and circumstances (Wallace out forever)... what would Phil Jackson do?

You think he'd sit STAT citing injury recovery time, yet start Shum out of position off an Acl injury?

Smh. Just smh. Coach downgrade.
    I don't understand it either Red. I was under the impression that Woody was very different than Dantoni but there are way too many similarities. Not sure how you tell the media that Camby has been working and practicing hard to get back but then sits all game. This is the same guy that said Camby is a big piece to the puzzle. Also, you make a great point about Wallace and his replacement.

Amare is put on a 30 minute limit but only plays just above 20 minutes. What the hell is going on here??? The Heat were very thankful for that little gift. So I guess Woodson is waiting until the playoffs to get Camby and Martin some quality minutes but will they have team chemistry by then? MIA had Birdman playing as soon as they got him becasue they needed what he was good at. Wish we would have that same decision making. Martin has that hustle gene which you can't teach. Let the man get out there and get us some stops and rebounds!

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I knew that last TO was coming cause when JR starts playing too fast he does dumb stuff...Woody says he is going to "discuss" shot selection with JR???? I would have "discussed" it with JR in-game about 6 inches from his face, spittle flying, while JR was on the BENCH sitting next to me
    Exactly! I'm not sure why JR EVER needs to be the primary ball handler when you have either Felton or Kidd playing the point. Sometimes he brings the ball up and thinks he can initiate the offense. WTF?

I said this in the game thread but Woodson cannot be serious about wanting to "discuss" JR's shot selection AFTER THE GAME. This is what you do in the huddle or on the bench! Also, where were all the assistant coaches on this? Was there not ONE guy who felt the way we did and could say something?????? Our bench is filled with a bunch of "happy to be employed" assistant coaching yes men!

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Exactly! I'm not sure why JR EVER needs to be the primary ball handler when you have either Felton or Kidd playing the point. Sometimes he brings the ball up and thinks he can initiate the offense. WTF?

I said this in the game thread but Woodson cannot be serious about wanting to "discuss" JR's shot selection AFTER THE GAME. This is what you do in the huddle or on the bench! Also, where were all the assistant coaches on this? Was there not ONE guy who felt the way we did and could say something?????? Our bench is filled with a bunch of "happy to be employed" assistant coaching yes men!
    Agreed, this is an in game issue, you need to say something and see if you're getting through to him, if not you move onto plan b. I also thought late in the game, 8 minutes or so, no Felton until we were down by 6. I think Woodson is leaning too heavily on Kidd, great Kidd hit those 3's, but you can't expect it to continue to 25 points. You need to go with your rotation, Felton, Shump, Melo, Amare/JR and Chandler, with 8 minutes on in, and if needed, swing Kidd back in. Kidd saw 34 minutes off the bench...still wearing out his thread.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Real talk indeed.

So coach decided to talk to JR about his shot selection huh? That's good. Only problem is it's GAME NUMBER 56! And more if we count preseason. Its a bit too late don't you think?

And about K-Mart. After his first game with us and a few minutes of playing time he was interviewed and said: We ran NO SETS... WE PRETTY MUCH FREESTYLED OUT THERE!

What? It has become more and more apparent we are playing checkers in a game of chess. It appeared to me, many times, that we were not running plays. And that's with a group of regulars. It was evident when I saw senseless, needless passes between two players standing right in front of each other.

It became apparent when I couldn't see discernible offense there to get players shots where they are comfortable.

Recall at the beginning of every game, the very first play was Melo through two staggered screens for a mid_range jumper, left elbow? That was by design.

Then I see play after play; situation after situation; hot and or cold players not enjoying the luxury of having a play called designed specifically for them.

Its pathetic and D'Antoni at his worst. Just let'm play. They'll figureit out.

And about Novak. Oh' so now he's the perfect Ray Allen antithesis? Every minute Ray got Novak got. Let alone this dudes D is by far the worst.

And Keeping our bigs on the bench purposefully... that's not because Camby or anyone was hurt. That was a needless, self-defeating decision since day 1.

Perhaps Woodson read the Tea leaves and said exactly what we wanted to hear.. that it's all about defense. With Brewer gone after being Sat. Novak getting continuous burn. And about 20+ feet of viable big riding the pine... he could have fooled me. Smh

16 point lead means the team didn't beat us.. we beat ourselves. Now that's D'antoni!

Wherea prigionis minutes.. Hes a for sure at least 6 assists.. Dont ever put Novak against the heat.. Its like playin with 4 players

Veteran

Originally Posted by Number3
    Wherea prigionis minutes.. Hes a for sure at least 6 assists.. Dont ever put Novak against the heat.. Its like playin with 4 players

Woodsons love for Felton and hate for Prigioni makes him a moron.

Even after last nights win, I seriously believe the Knicks are in trouble. The eye test tells me they're just middle of the pack right now. We need to implement a traditional starting lineup ASAP since Camby and Martin are ready to go. Start your best players and let your bench do what they do. Having Camby and KM means we have some depth again.

Woodson needs to have TC, Stat, Melo, Shump and Felton comfortable as a unit at least before the final 3 weeks of the season. That's who I want to go to war with. You still have a solid bench of:

Camby
    Martin
    Novak/Copeland
    JR/Kidd
    Prigs/Kidd

What is WRONG with this coach??? It took J.R. being ejected for him to play Copeland. He didn't play Prigioni until the third quarter. He plays Melo way too long. Melo looked like he was limping almost the entire game. Does K-Mart need to sit that long? Does Camby still need to rest? Is Kurt Thomas not good enough for him? Why the hell does he start White then not play him the rest of the game?

I don't get these horrible and random decisions.

Veteran

Angry

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    What is WRONG with this coach??? It took J.R. being ejected for him to play Copeland. He didn't play Prigioni until the third quarter. He plays Melo way too long. Melo looked like he was limping almost the entire game. Does K-Mart need to sit that long? Does Camby still need to rest? Is Kurt Thomas not good enough for him? Why the hell does he start White then not play him the rest of the game?

don't get these horrible and random decisions.

Woodson has made it clear. It's Felton, smith, melo no matter what. He will live or die by these guys. Do not look at rational subs or logic. Circumstances do not matter, smith can be 2 for 14 it does not matter.

Woodson sucks

Veteran

The BIG 2 season question has not been answered .. Could Melo & Stat play together?
    Will this question be raised again in the 2013-14 season?

Did Woody put any effort into getting Stat & Melo to gell in a lineup this season?
    Why didnt Woody make a lineup of the returning injury players Camby, Stat, and Shump in January?