Woodson says Knicks will NOT trade Shumpert

CoolClyde

Wood Son also said the decision is ultimately not in his hands, but of management,
and remember, he also said Knicks would be resigning Lin....

smokes

Huge Member
Wood Son also said the decision is ultimately not in his hands, but of management,
and remember, he also said Knicks would be resigning Lin....

Yeah he said that a few days back (not in this interview). So this sounds like he has had talks with management and they are in agreement that Shump will not be traded.

CoolClyde

let's hope. i really can't see Knicks trading Shump, even for a first round pick.
this team is made for winning this year, not next year. Dudley is not going to
be a major improvement, and at this point, Shump can only get better, get more
into the flow of the offense, and most importantly, the defense, as that will prove
to be the key towards winning in the playoffs.

Knicks are where they need to be right now; no sense rocking the boat, unless
Camby or Sheed go down for the count, then Knicks need to take a look at a
defensive big like Amundsen or KMart. but for now, chill till trade deadmill.
IMHO.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
As far as i see it, Shumpert is a huge part of everything the Knicks mean right now. He's still a bit far from what he was before his injury but he's slowly getting there. The way he reps the Knicks on and off the court reminds me of the early 90's Knicks, he's pretty much identifying with this organization. Besides that, he's a great defender on the court and i really think we can develop him into the next franchise star. When was the last time we drafted somebody to become the face of the franchise? The last guy i can think of is Ewing and it still bothers me to this day he didn't get the chance to end his career as a Knick.

CoolClyde

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...raded-new-york-knicks-coach-mike-woodson-says

"Mike Woodson publicly has said that the New York Knicks will not trade Iman Shumpert ahead of the Feb. 21 deadline. Shumpert has been linked to trade rumors involving the Suns.

"We've had our ups and downs in terms of injuries, but we remain very strong as a team and guys that were in uniform have helped us hold the fort down in terms of staying afloat until key guys got back," Woodson said.

Woodson also refuted the notion that Shumpert has attitude issues.

"He's not a problem at all," Woodson said. "Iman is a big part of what we do. I like everything about this young man in terms of how he plays, how he competes. He had an awesome rookie season. Unfortunately, he had the bad injury. He's making his way back, and it's going to be my job to continue to show him love and instill confidence in him as a player that he can get back to the level where he was playing. He's not there yet, but in time, he will get there."

is this not one of the best coaches you can possibly imagine? Wood Son!

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
We need to make some kind of move. Maybe Iman to another team. This current lineup is not getting it done. I'd trade to the Suns.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo's 8 seasons with the Denver Nuggets equal the new Knicks .. both use the same-ole Iso-Melo system.
A 50 win system that gets knocked-out in the first round of the postseason.

Did anyone ever think that maybe Iman Shumpert dont like the Halfcourt Iso-Melo system, and is showing attitude to get traded?

"Although Mike Woodson believes the New York Knicks should keep Iman Shumpert, the coach wasn't able to assure both Shumpert and the public that a trade won't be made between now and the Feb. 21 NBA trade deadline.

Woodson knows any potential trade is "out of my hands," including a reported deal involving Shumpert and the Phoenix Suns' Jared Dudley.

"I don't think you can ever tell a player he's not (being traded)," Woodson said on Sunday. "That's kind of out of my hands. If the owners came to me and said we have to do a deal, you do the deal.

"But I sat him down and I told him. He knows how I feel about him. I mean, my daughter jumped me last night about that trade rumor. She called me and said 'Daddy, you're not trading him,' because they all went to Georgia Tech together. Man, I'm like 'Iman's going to be right here with me.'"

P.S. Kiyaman have always been an uptempo-running SF/SG .. my high school coach took the team to the Felt Forum to watch the ABA Nets with Julius Erving twice a year, and I like my Pops was a big fan of Knicks headcoach Red Holzman defensive-transition.
u put the two together and u have "Phil Jackson" famous philosophy .. and thats what I see in Iman Shumpert performance, we are not playing to Shump's best talents as a defensive transition player...