Knicks/Wolves Discussing trade

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Wolves GM David Kahn is in talks with the Knicks about a trade, according to Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities, though it's unclear which players are being discussed (Twitter link). Wolfson tweets his suspicion that Ronnie Brewer could be headed to Minnesota, but that appears to simply be an educated guess, as the Wolves made an offer to Brewer over the summer before he signed with the Knicks. Both teams have full rosters with 15 players, limiting flexibility, but the Knicks may be looking to add depth to their front line, while the injury-depleted Wolves could use some healthy bodies.

Wolfson speculates via Twitter that a long list of Knicks, including Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd, are probably off-limits in any trade conversations. The Knicks are a taxpaying team while the Timberwolves are well below the tax line, but given that New York is in title contention while Minnesota is probably looking toward next season, I don't think the Knicks are looking to pawn off any salary. Coincidentally, the Knicks are one of a few teams that reportedly has interest in Lou Amundson, whom the Wolves just waived.

The Wolves have been shopping Luke Ridnour, according to Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com, but the Knicks, like the Wolves, seem set at point guard, with Raymond Felton, Kidd and Pablo Prigioni around to man the position. The Wolves' most glaring need seems to be at the two, and while shooting guard Iman Shumpert's name has been linked to the Suns, it appears that rumor came from Phoenix's side.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/knicks-wolves-talking-trade.html

Last edited by a moderator:

smokes

Huge Member
I'd much rather have Ridnour over Barea, for our team. I like Barea a lot but Ridnour definitely has the superior court awareness and passing ability. We have enough dudes who can bomb 3's.

This would be a good trade for us to guard against injury, and I'm not surprised they are thinking along these lines. Felton has missed enough games already and Kidd has been banged up/tired all year. Not to mention Felton has sustained minor injuries twice since returning from his last spell on the sidelines, it's looking increasingly likely he will miss more time this year :(

CoolClyde

either one, Barea or Ridnour would be an upgrade over Brewer, who has sunk
to the depths of garbage time bench. personally, I like Barea better, I think
he'd fit in well with team, with NYC, with spanish contingent, and he drives much
better into the paint and can create.

However, I believe Ridnour possesses more court smarts and is capable of
putting up bigger numbers and hitting threes, but i may be wrong, I think
Luke's just had more minutes this year. Barea was absolutely killing it last year.

I know Knicks were looking at Luke last year or year before, and you know
the garden crowd is going to love chanting LUUUUUUUUUUUKE!

go for it.

tiger0330

Legend
Brewer for anybody, tired at looking at his ugly FT shooting. He has to have the worst form shooting FTs in the league.

bigapple

Starter
Barea with Terry in Dallas [2011] was main factor of devastation front court of Heat.

i also heard that they will add Novak :( anyway maybe u all not but i still like Novak not only his 3s but his ft %

bigapple

Starter
Woody again making no rotation just STAT JR and Novak what about others where is Brewer Copeland White Thomas

they sweept Spurs twice almost same marging pts Wolves 1st time since almost 10 years there were fighting with BKN

but since last few games this is just average team.

Heat coming to town beggining of march it will be totaly tsunami of heat @ knicks floor :(

Kiyaman

Legend
Ill take Barea for JR any day of the week .... Barea is an uptempo PG/SG that will look for inside scoring rather than ISO-Melo peremeter shooting. We need inside scoring, and rid ourselves of all this Damnphoney peremeter-shooting.

Brewers & Novak skills & talent as an offense/defense weapon is great to have in a postseason series.
We Knicks-Fans should not analyze Brewer, or Novak, or Shump, or Felton, or Amare's talents when u see them in a lineup that has Melo & JR .. Chuancey Billups took the Denver Nuggets to the WCF by eliminatiing the ISO-Melo/JR system

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Ill take Barea for JR any day of the week .... Barea is an uptempo PG/SG that will look for inside scoring rather than ISO-Melo peremeter shooting. We need inside scoring, and rid ourselves of all this Damnphoney peremeter-shooting.

Brewers & Novak skills & talent as an offense/defense weapon is great to have in a postseason series.
We Knicks-Fans should not analyze Brewer, or Novak, or Shump, or Felton, or Amare's talents when u see them in a lineup that has Melo & JR .. Chuancey Billups took the Denver Nuggets to the WCF by eliminatiing the ISO-Melo/JR system

Smh at taking jj over jr.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend

Only if u knew how well we wouldve turned out lastseason, if we never signed JR during the Linsanity era.
Jeremy Lin's turnovers were never mention or cared about, because Lin gave us 10 extra shots per game, plus we had more defensive-stops than all our oponents. All that stop the day we put a no-running halfcourt peremeter shooter JR.smith in the rotation. Before signing JR.smith we had a running-Novak & running-Shump playing the role JR is playing now...

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Only if u knew how well we wouldve turned out lastseason, if we never signed JR during the Linsanity era.
Jeremy Lin's turnovers were never mention or cared about, because Lin gave us 10 extra shots per game, plus we had more defensive-stops than all our oponents. All that stop the day we put a no-running halfcourt peremeter shooter JR.smith in the rotation. Before signing JR.smith we had a running-Novak & running-Shump playing the role JR is playing now...

So you have a crystal ball in which you known how we would have turned out without jr? What if we didn't sign lin? What ifs can make u say anything. Saying someone turnovers doesn't matter is a horrible view of basketball. And Besides what does last year have do with your horrible assessment of jj over jr

skisloper

Starter
So you have a crystal ball in which you known how we would have turned out without jr? What if we didn't sign lin? What ifs can make u say anything. Saying someone turnovers doesn't matter is a horrible view of basketball. And Besides what does last year have do with your horrible assessment of jj over jr

I think the praise that Woodson gets is not warranted. He has done a better job then Dantonio but again if the goal is to get to a championship he is starting to fail. We lose to these crappy teams and we do not even show up....

At the start of the season when we were hot we did not go to the MELO/Jr iso game. Now in our falling apart stage its almost everytime down the court its the samething....Ball to JR or Ball to Melo and watch them do their thing....

I think Melo is an incredible player but when he is playing ISO all the time it takes away from other aspects of his game...mainly defense.......I mean why is MELO bringing up the ball more then half the time ??

JR is and always will be a hit or miss player....Love him some games and hate him others.....THE issue is WOODSON.....As he did last year in the playoffs he coaches scared. Whenever things get rough he is afraid to make subsitiutions.....He would rather have Melo or JR just keep shooting and hope one gets hot......This takes everyone out of rythm and puts enormous pressure on MELO and JR....

Woodson needs to coach more strategically...........The issue is does Woodson have it in him....

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I think the praise that Woodson gets is not warranted. He has done a better job then Dantonio but again if the goal is to get to a championship he is starting to fail. We lose to these crappy teams and we do not even show up....

At the start of the season when we were hot we did not go to the MELO/Jr iso game. Now in our falling apart stage its almost everytime down the court its the samething....Ball to JR or Ball to Melo and watch them do their thing....

I think Melo is an incredible player but when he is playing ISO all the time it takes away from other aspects of his game...mainly defense.......I mean why is MELO bringing up the ball more then half the time ??

JR is and always will be a hit or miss player....Love him some games and hate him others.....THE issue is WOODSON.....As he did last year in the playoffs he coaches scared. Whenever things get rough he is afraid to make subsitiutions.....He would rather have Melo or JR just keep shooting and hope one gets hot......This takes everyone out of rythm and puts enormous pressure on MELO and JR....

Woodson needs to coach more strategically...........The issue is does Woodson have it in him....

I agree we need to continue ball movement but the teams made adjustments and are running the knicks off of the 3 point line. More pick and rolls can help but teams aren't doubling melo so he takes his man which is the right choice.

skisloper

Starter
I agree we need to continue ball movement but the teams made adjustments and are running the knicks off of the 3 point line. More pick and rolls can help but teams aren't doubling melo so he takes his man which is the right choice.

ISO will never win a championship.....it puts too much pressure and energy on on guy, takes everyone oit of any flow and it makes the KNICKS SO PREDICTABLE.....this is clearly Woodsons job to make this right.........

Melo never needs to bring the ball up.......
Pablo needs more minutes ( 16 a game )
jr needs to get to the foul line.

metrocard

Legend

I see where Kiyaman is going here.

Barea is very fast and isn't like an elite PG more like a 77 rating type PG on 2K13.

I'm a huge JJ fan, and even after come off an injury, he's been balling for the T-Wolves...Barea's weakness are injuries and he can be erratic.