Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

Thread: Game Thread: NY Knicks vs Toronto Raptors 02/13/13 7:30

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    ha ha ha a 2nd scorer, your kidding right??????
    How about this team needs some "GELLIN-Chemistry" added into its ISO-Melo system (individual-system).

    we only average 4 to 5 points per-game on fastbreak-baskets, u can count on one hand all the fastbreak layups/dunks we made in our 50 games (thats not good!). Plus our inside scoring is always lower than 20% of our total score.
    O'yea .. our team-defense is so Effin sorry each game it gives our two worst defensive-players the oportunity to Ball-Hog as if the two-players are bailing us out on the offensive-end by shooting relentless 3-balls.

    Toronto Raptors just played 4 games in 6 days .. in our last two games in MSG we performed like we want to be traded before the dead-line...
    i am serious about a second scorer because if a team can slow down carmelo than it's easy to defend us. even when carmelo goes for 40 teams will let him have it as long as other guys don't score. we need a second scorer who can knock down the perimeter shot and drive. that will allow things to open up for the rest of the guys on the court. felton is a good point guard, but as a second scoring option i don't think other teams fear him. stoudemire can be a second scoring option, but his defense makes him too much of a liability to leave on the court at times. i also want a second scorer who can defend not just score.

    the defense needs to get better, but explain to me how that gives guys permission to make it seem like they're bailing us out with three's on the offensive end? that's the offense the knicks have been playing all year. recently, they haven't been hitting shots at the same rate.

  2. #47
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    It's on us. Once again as Knick fans we let our hearts get in the way of our heads, our expectations to high on this team. Decent team but championship material...NOT A CHANCE!!!!

    Ton of flaws, a inconsistent work ethic and soft as they come players i.e STAT. As fans we need take in a nice cool glass of reality juice. Second round would be an improvement, anything beyond that should be seen as a successful season.

  3. #48
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Sadly they had me thinking a long playoff run as well. Unless we pick up several decent players at the trading deadline we're not getting out of the East

  4. #49
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by petescud
    Sadly they had me thinking a long playoff run as well. Unless we pick up several decent players at the trading deadline we're not getting out of the East
    We have no one to trade that can significantly improve this team. In typical Knick fashion early start was a false dawn, teams have made adjustments and we lack the quality, intelligence and toughness to counter that. Really no point for us to get angry, it's our own bias that caused to buy into the fantasy this team was legit championship contender.

  5. #50
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Spurs can win against Bulls @ their floor without their startes with just roseless Bulls roster+ Spurs r most international team in entire NBA coz POP said there in Euope/rest of world are much more better players than in NBA such Argentina France/Belgium Brazil & NEW zealand. Plus they have mentality of team play and D

    right now Knicks are mess without MELO and Felton and Lebron turning up his dunking % and all calls for any touch @ glass.


    Knicks still @ top2 now all star break but march is month of many road game and it could change their position IF Wallace will not play and Camby there will be problems.

  6. #51
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    Spurs can win against Bulls @ their floor without their startes with just roseless Bulls roster+ Spurs r most international team in entire NBA coz POP said there in Euope/rest of world are much more better players than in NBA such Argentina France/Belgium Brazil & NEW zealand. Plus they have mentality of team play and D

    right now Knicks are mess without MELO and Felton and Lebron turning up his dunking % and all calls for any touch @ glass.


    Knicks still @ top2 now all star break but march is month of many road game and it could change their position IF Wallace will not play and Camby there will be problems.
    Forget top 2, frankly could easily see us falling as far as 6TH in the East. February was a month we had to dominate as March schedule is hell. Writing has been on the wall for sometime, losses to Kings, Blazers, Nets, Sixers, Wizards and now Raptors. Could have been worse if not for Melo going off against likes of T-Wolves and Hawks.

  7. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by erivera
    i am serious about a second scorer because if a team can slow down carmelo than it's easy to defend us. even when carmelo goes for 40 teams will let him have it as long as other guys don't score. we need a second scorer who can knock down the perimeter shot and drive. that will allow things to open up for the rest of the guys on the court. felton is a good point guard, but as a second scoring option i don't think other teams fear him. stoudemire can be a second scoring option, but his defense makes him too much of a liability to leave on the court at times. i also want a second scorer who can defend not just score.

    the defense needs to get better, but explain to me how that gives guys permission to make it seem like they're bailing us out with three's on the offensive end? that's the offense the knicks have been playing all year. recently, they haven't been hitting shots at the same rate.

    Amare is/are a first and second option high-scoring F/C in regular-season & postseason games.
    Our owner & coach favoritism toward a 48 minute ISO-Melo system put a stop to Amare being a first/second option in our offense.
    We have a load of 3rd-option offensive-players on our roster (Kidd/Felton/Novak/Tyson/Copeland) inwhich we rarely use in our offense .. any two of the 5 mention 3rd-option players should receive 10 shots per.
    Amare should be averaging 12 to 14 shots per game, it doesnt matter if Amare only plays 24 minutes per game.

    I never considered Melo a super-star in his 10 year career, Melo is only a high-scorer with nothing else to offer.
    It's Melo's decision who made a career inconsistent JR.Smith our SECOND-OPTION on offense .. not coach Woodson or Jason Kidd decision.
    Prig Pablo is/are a decent pass-first PG who playingtime minutes has been decreasing since the day PG-Felton went out with a 4 to 6 week injury. No one in this KO Forum spoke about Prig-Pablo minutes decreasing in our 5-7 record without Felton.
    Plus our rotation of players decrease from a 9+ man rotation to a 7+ man rotation.
    Amare's defensive-effort is EQUAL to both JR & Melo's defensive-effort.
    I would rather have one defenseless player Amare in a lineup, rather than have two defenseless-players JR & Melo in a lineup where u have to HOPE they make their 3-ball shots in the final 6 minutes of each game for the win, because the two never provide any STOPS on the defensive-end.

  8. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    amare isn't 2nd option bc he wasn't healthy at the start of the season. jr was so there's your 2nd option. if he was healthy at the start of the season, im sure he'd be the 2nd scoring option. his defense also makes him too much of a liability to be on the court. regardless of what you think, the knicks were a good defensive team at the start of the season with melo and jr on the court. when have the knicks ever been a good defensive team with stat on the court?

    prigioni needs to shoot more to get more playing time. he looks to pass way too much.

    also ask yourself of novak, tyson, kidd, copeland, and felton, who's better than wade, westbrook, or duncan/parker? one is point guard who should be distributing. two of those need shots to be created for them. one guys is 40, and the other was playing in europe for the past 5 years. you're kidding yourself if you think those guys are second scoring options.

  9. #54
    Veteran bigapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    west poland
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    Forget top 2, frankly could easily see us falling as far as 6TH in the East. February was a month we had to dominate as March schedule is hell. Writing has been on the wall for sometime, losses to Kings, Blazers, Nets, Sixers, Wizards and now Raptors. Could have been worse if not for Melo going off against likes of T-Wolves and Hawks.
    Knicks priority is to win division and that still can be done but we need to win last game vs 76ers as 1st main and important key.Still tied with celtics . If Knicks will reach that goal only one remaining will be better record than BKN.

    Otherwise mr Farkley will be loling and fans will be messed up.

    MELO will remain @ home for all star Stern will give MVP to Bron. I will also take break from NBA after doubleheader TNT .Wont be watching all star.

  10. #55
    Member REALHEAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    It's on us. Once again as Knick fans we let our hearts get in the way of our heads, our expectations to high on this team. Decent team but championship material...NOT A CHANCE!!!!

    Ton of flaws, a inconsistent work ethic and soft as they come players i.e STAT. As fans we need take in a nice cool glass of reality juice. Second round would be an improvement, anything beyond that should be seen as a successful season.
    It starts with the leader of the team. When he vows to play both ends of the court 48 minutes a game, day in and out, others will follow.

    Originally Posted by petescud
    Sadly they had me thinking a long playoff run as well. Unless we pick up several decent players at the trading deadline we're not getting out of the East
    Sadly you guys are stuck with Amare's contract and as good and promising Shump is, who wants to take a chance on a injured knee?

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    We have no one to trade that can significantly improve this team. In typical Knick fashion early start was a false dawn, teams have made adjustments and we lack the quality, intelligence and toughness to counter that. Really no point for us to get angry, it's our own bias that caused to buy into the fantasy this team was legit championship contender.
    Probably the best and most honest post I have ever seen on here. What you said is true. The knicks were gonna be good this season. Much improved and after the hot start many NYK fans got ahead of themselves. Esp after the blow out wins vs Miami. Granted you toasted us but you guys went overboard with the other stuff. Dare I say prisioners of the moment? When a team hits like 15 3s and avg 13 a game during that stretch, yeah you will most likely win....by a lot. I told many knick fans that it'll eventually even out through out the year and teams will adjust. And it seemed to have happen.

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    Forget top 2, frankly could easily see us falling as far as 6TH in the East. February was a month we had to dominate as March schedule is hell. Writing has been on the wall for sometime, losses to Kings, Blazers, Nets, Sixers, Wizards and now Raptors. Could have been worse if not for Melo going off against likes of T-Wolves and Hawks.
    Ehhh falling to the 6th seed? Weak as the east is? Doubt it and you guys are better than they fishNets. I havent seen you guys March schedule so I really dont know. But if its that bad and you guys dont improve play I can say maybe the 4th seed. But anything lower would be insane. Also take into account how good/bad Indy, ATL and CHI play.

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    Knicks priority is to win division and that still can be done but we need to win last game vs 76ers as 1st main and important key.Still tied with celtics . If Knicks will reach that goal only one remaining will be better record than BKN.

    Otherwise mr Farkley will be loling and fans will be messed up.

    MELO will remain @ home for all star Stern will give MVP to Bron. I will also take break from NBA after doubleheader TNT .Wont be watching all star.
    how does stern give someone the MVP? I thought the players play for it? And dont the fans vote?
    Last edited by REALHEAT; Feb 14, 2013 at 21:16.

  11. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    19

    Cool

    Originally Posted by bigapple
    Knicks priority is to win division and that still can be done but we need to win last game vs 76ers as 1st main and important key.Still tied with celtics . If Knicks will reach that goal only one remaining will be better record than BKN.

    Otherwise mr Farkley will be loling and fans will be messed up.

    MELO will remain @ home for all star Stern will give MVP to Bron. I will also take break from NBA after doubleheader TNT .Wont be watching all star.

    I still believe the Knicks will win the Atlantic Division Title .. only if all our "Old-Heads" are still on the team after the month of February.
    Our "Old-Heads" are the key reason we got off to a great (18-5) start.
    We been 14-13 record team in the past two-month .. playing .500 B.Ball.
    We have 32 games remaining, winning 18 of those games will give us a 50 win season making us a .600 team for the season. The Atlantic Division dont have any .600 teams this season other than the Knicks.

    The reason why we signed so many "Old-Heads" to the team is because ego-Melo has no respect for younger or cheaper players in the lockerroom or on the court. To refute this statement means u never watch the Knick vs Denver Brawl, or Will Chandler, Al Harrington, and Gallo have their season high or career high scoring vs Melo & JR Denver Nuggets. For the past two seasons we all been wondering why non-scoring players have their best scoring game when they play the Knicks.
    50 games in the season, and it looks as if our "Old-Heads" dont want to be apart of this Knicks team...

  12. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by erivera
    amare isn't 2nd option bc he wasn't healthy at the start of the season. jr was so there's your 2nd option. if he was healthy at the start of the season, im sure he'd be the 2nd scoring option. his defense also makes him too much of a liability to be on the court. regardless of what you think, the knicks were a good defensive team at the start of the season with melo and jr on the court. when have the knicks ever been a good defensive team with stat on the court?

    prigioni needs to shoot more to get more playing time. he looks to pass way too much.

    also ask yourself of novak, tyson, kidd, copeland, and felton, who's better than wade, westbrook, or duncan/parker? one is point guard who should be distributing. two of those need shots to be created for them. one guys is 40, and the other was playing in europe for the past 5 years. you're kidding yourself if you think those guys are second scoring options.

    Your right .. Amare isnt a 2nd option, he been a first option throughout his career. Except when he had Marbury & Melo as teammates.
    JR.smith did pretty well as a 2nd option the first half of the season covering for a missing Amare & Felton.
    It's the 2nd half of the season now where teams and players will be stepping up their level of performance for a playoff run, a new contract, or not to be traded during the offseason. So JR.smith have to take a back-seat for our PG-Felton and one of the leagues top-10 highest scorers Amare Stoudemire.
    Having JR.smith in 85% of all our lineups has stop our defensive-transition game to score easy baskets on fastbreaks, plus having a 40% FG, and 33% 3-ball FG, averaging five 3-ball shots per game had us struggling to remain a .500 team the past two-months.

    Our strong Role-Players (Novak, Tyson, Felton, Amare, Kidd, and Copeland) with the ability to score 10 points are never given 5 to 7 shots in a game, we only allow two-players (Melo & JR) to take warm-up shots everytime they enter the game.
    We have two great defensive backcourt players in PG-Pablo & SG-Brewer that playingtime minutes decrease to DNP when Felton went out with a 5 to 6 week injury (what-up with that?). We have a great 10 to 14 minute per game defensive Bigman in Kurt Thomas too, that we DNP.
    Our 9+ man winning rotation during the 18-5 start has dwindle down to a 7+ man rotation during our 14-13 last games .. making us a predictable team.

  13. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    We have no one to trade that can significantly improve this team. In typical Knick fashion early start was a false dawn, teams have made adjustments and we lack the quality, intelligence and toughness to counter that. Really no point for us to get angry, it's our own bias that caused to buy into the fantasy this team was legit championship contender.

    We have 6 experience winning postseason players (excluding Melo/Tyson/JR) that any postseason team would LUV to trade with us for (Kidd-ring, Sheed-ring, Kurt-Finals, Camby-Finals, Amare-series, Brewer-series, and a backup PG-Felton).
    u should not put your foot in your mouth by mentioning the Knicks dont have any tradeable players that couldnt bring back a decent return .. we have the winning-players on this team to be one of the league Top-4 contenders, it's this ISO-Melo BULLSH.... system that's been holding us back .. the same way it held the Denver Nuggets back for 8 straight seasons.

    We have a catch n shoot player that is so dangerous that Lebron & Wade put all their defensive-energy into sticking close by Novak throughout a 5 game series. Where we had to depend on the peremeter shooting of Melo & JR 40+ shots per game which caused a Fire-extinguisher situation.
    or did u forget? Teams will trade for a peremeter shooter Novak who show confidence with no problem.

    We have a defensive-transition backcourt in 2nd season SG-Shump, and pass-first PG-Pablo who experience in steals from oponents PG has a high trade value.

  14. #59
    Member T.O Knick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We have 6 experience winning postseason players (excluding Melo/Tyson/JR) that any postseason team would LUV to trade with us for (Kidd-ring, Sheed-ring, Kurt-Finals, Camby-Finals, Amare-series, Brewer-series, and a backup PG-Felton).
    u should not put your foot in your mouth by mentioning the Knicks dont have any tradeable players that couldnt bring back a decent return .. we have the winning-players on this team to be one of the league Top-4 contenders, it's this ISO-Melo BULLSH.... system that's been holding us back .. the same way it held the Denver Nuggets back for 8 straight seasons.

    We have a catch n shoot player that is so dangerous that Lebron & Wade put all their defensive-energy into sticking close by Novak throughout a 5 game series. Where we had to depend on the peremeter shooting of Melo & JR 40+ shots per game which caused a Fire-extinguisher situation.
    or did u forget? Teams will trade for a peremeter shooter Novak who show confidence with no problem.

    We have a defensive-transition backcourt in 2nd season SG-Shump, and pass-first PG-Pablo who experience in steals from oponents PG has a high trade value.

    Never said decent return now did I? Used the word "significant".

  15. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by T.O Knick
    Never said decent return now did I? Used the word "significant".
    Significantly your right .. as long as Woody keep lettin Melo & JR run the 48 minute show a new player is not going to improve our ISO-peremeter shooting system.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2010, 18:52
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2008, 09:29
  3. New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors Game Thread 2/24
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2008, 17:08
  4. Toronto Raptors vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/22
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 05:28
  5. Toronto Raptors vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/11
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2008, 13:14

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •