Thread: Vin Baker?

Default Vin Baker?

Anyone have any thoughts on Baker? He looked good in the playoffs, that Baker would be useful. He doesn't seem quite right now, mayb that surgery had an affect on him? He's not in shape? Who knows....

I don't know what to make of Vin Baker either right now. I think he can pull out of his slump eventually. Tim Thomas is more concerning to me at the moment. Thomas makes a huge chunk of change and is a career underachiever. He needs to have a good game in the worst way. Ariza is much more effective at this point.

From the looks of it, with Isiah signing Robinson which is another small foward....Tim Thomas might be gone soon on a trade of some sort. Can't picture any other reason why Isiah would get a third small foward....since they are already sharing the minutes between Tim and Ariza.

Now as for Baker, I don't know man, Seems like he has great potential but he is not getting enough minutes. And I have no problem with that as long as Mohammed keeps doing what he did for us last game. Baker is more offensive minded, rebounding OK but I don't think its better than Nazi AND although Nazi isn't the best in defense, I don't think Baker is any better....So I understand why Lenny would keep going with Nazi. Its good to have him there though and I wouldn't mind seeing Jerome Williams picking up some more minutes at the center position.

I saw Vin Baker over the summer, (Dude is REALLY TALL) and from the looks of things, he lost alot of weight. I think he needs to try and put on a few punds of muscle if he's gonna be more of a threat. Maybe he might play tonight vs. the Clippers.

he just mite, let's hope so....

I believe the team is holding back some reason to the media about why baker is not playing more. This is someone who was competing with Nazr for starting center in training camp...

Through his career he has typically done well at center. I think that Vin should concern himself with rebounding and hitting the open jumpers that Starbury sets him up for. Everything else is just a bonus.

I think Vin feels more confortable on the power foward spot, which he usually out powers and is taller than the opposing Power forward. He is not a true center, all he got is height....which the Knicks lack at that position, so they are using what they have.

It's hard to tell what's up with him. I was hoping after some time, Vin would start playing like he did one year ago in Boston. He was looking great with his scoring and rebounding. I hope he can get back to that point. Right now both he and Tim Thomas have been the biggest disapointments for the Knicks early this season.

It is a bit early to tell, they could just be both extermely out of shape, or on a bad streak, at least I hope so.....

Lurker

I think he's drinking again.

GOD, I HOPE NOT, even if u are joking......

I don't think he is. I think he'll need more minutes, but those will be hard to come by, especially if he keeps struggling. They'll need him against Tim Duncan tonight. So I hope that drinking isn't the case...although I don't think that's the case.