Crawford will play!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
One year ago while playing for Chicago, Jamal Crawford got the scare of his life when he was upended, landed on the back of his neck and had to be immobilized on a stretcher and carted to a hospital.

The neck injury Crawford suffered in a collision Saturday night at Indiana on the anniversary of that frightening incident was nowhere near as serious, and the guard yesterday pronounced himself fit to play when the Knicks face the Spurs tonight at SBC Center.

Though still sore after taking an inadvertent blow to the head from the Pacers' Stephen Jackson, Crawford went through a full practice and held nothing back. "I still feel it a little bit, but I don't think that'll stop me," Crawford said.

It appeared Crawford's head hit the floor at Indiana, but he was uncertain because he twisted his neck in an attempt to avoid a recurrence of the injury he suffered when Minnesota's Fred Hoiberg flipped him Nov. 13, 2003. But Crawford, who was scoreless in 11 minutes against the Pacers, knew he was in no condition to return Saturday.

"It felt like I got hit by a boxer or something," Crawford said. "I started stumbling. I was trying to catch myself, and I just fell. I think I was a little bit woozy."

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=1595