Knicks: Trade Deadline - 2-21-13

Kiyaman

Legend
Since we are killing it this year there hasn't been much trade talk on the board (or much talk at all). Anyone think we might make a move?

However, Telfair has been mentioned as a possible cheap insurance pickup by bloggers and Ridnour could be available.

Luke Ridnour is being shopped by the Minnesota Timberwolves, and a league source told SheridanHoops.com ?there is a good chance? the 10th-year point guard will be dealt before the Feb. 21 trade deadline. With Ricky Rubio back from an injury that wiped out the first half of his season, the T-Wolves have a glut at the position with J.J. Berea also under contract (for this season plus two more). Ridnour has a reasonable contract ($4 million this season, $4.3 million next season) and is a steady playmaker who has spent the majority of his career with bad teams, having appeared in the playoffs just twice. SheridanHoops

Dalembert may be available:
Marc Stein 6 Feb
"Word is Bucks have been shopping Sam Dalembert thanks to emergence of Larry Sanders. Let's see if Sammy's 35 & 12 has impact on interest."

JJ Hickson too, if Portland wants to get something for him rather than losing him in FA for nothing.
"NBA general managers are starting to hone in on Hickson as they assess the best trade targets around the league. Due to his interesting contract situation with Portland, GMs are calling Hickson's agent directly, rather than making contact with Blazers GM Neil Olshey, according to Chris Haynes of CSN Northwest."

Bargnani:
The Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors have engaged in exploratory trade discussions on a deal that would swap the Bulls' Carlos Boozer for the Raptors' Andrea Bargnani, according to sources familiar with the discussions. From Chicago's perspective, sources said, Bargnani's arrival could help address their glaring lack of 3-point shooting and brighten the overall look of its payroll, given that the Italian forward makes $5 million less than Boozer this season. Despite his well-chronicled defensive deficiencies, Bargnani would figure to be an effective pick-and-roll partner for Derrick Rose, once Rose makes his expected return from knee surgery after the All-Star break. ESPN.com

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman to RealGM for a future 2nd round pick and cash considerations

ha ha my 4 yr contract with RealGM ended in 2007, RealGM had more Isiah/Marbury Fans then Knicks Fans so I left to sign with a real Knicks-Fans forum KO .....what took u so long

metrocard

Legend
ha ha my 4 yr contract with RealGM ended in 2007, RealGM had more Isiah/Marbury Fans then Knicks Fans so I left to sign with a real Knicks-Fans forum KO .....what took u so long

Kiyaman, remember that other forum? Where I found you and told you about KnicksOnline?

It may have been a Draft forum or some sort...I don't remember exactly because it was back in 2007 (6 years ago...wow)

But we're glad to have you here.
You challenge people's minds (most people dont like this but they need it) and you know the game deeply.

Keep the good reads coming.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman, remember that other forum? Where I found you and told you about KnicksOnline?

It may have been a Draft forum or some sort...I don't remember exactly because it was back in 2007 (6 years ago...wow)

But we're glad to have you here.
You challenge people's minds (most people dont like this but they need it) and you know the game deeply.

Keep the good reads coming.

Aiite Metro .... Thats why u the MAN on KO .. back then, all those trade-threads/posters killed a lot of forums.

After 50 games, and less than 24 hours away from the trade deadline .. Im still clueless of what GM Grunwald is going to do, or will a trade improve us

Wargames

Starter
Maybe they will maybe they won't... Half of me says they are just taking a back seat like a lot of older teams tend to. Trying to keep something in reserve for the playoffs. Then half of me tries to come to terms that we still don't look right out there and we need another 3 who can do something besides shooting the 3 ball. Dammit if Amare's deal/knee's wasn't anathema to every other team in the league.

I was 75/25 they do nothing though. The biggest problem is the knicks are putting effort into defending and thats something that can come back with time. They looked more lethargic than anything else from the break. but the way the knicks played.... they played like a team that knew trades were coming

I think that ridnour deal has legs but I also have a feeling somebody else might be added to the deal on their side to play the 3. I wonder if the knicks could convince the wolves to take their trash and then swing ridnour to the suns for Jared Dudley. In the end the knicks will be taking salary for a roleplayer and the suns will get the backup PG they need now that they are moving telfair (who mostly sucks) for a second rounder. As for the wolves they get some decent players to help them finish the season cause damn near all the guys they started it with got injured. Hell even the Jermain O'neal rumors make sense since the knicks might want him to replace kurt thomas and then the rumors the knicks have been looking at Amundson and K-Mart as well. A trade I'm describing leaves those spots open for them

Anyhow I hope it works I mean it would require all the knicks bench players but its not like they were getting time and it would allow Shump to come in to defend the perimeter as needed. Dudley isn't amazing but he could reliably play the 3 the way the knicks had envisioned Brewer playing it before he went ice cold.

Trade Link

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Aiite Metro .... Thats why u the MAN on KO .. back then, all those trade-threads/posters killed a lot of forums.

After 50 games, and less than 24 hours away from the trade deadline .. Im still clueless of what GM Grunwald is going to do, or will a trade improve us

If Grunnie doesn't make a move,

how far do you see the Knicks going in the playoffs against the Heat, Bulls, Pacers and Nyets?