Will this happen?

Paul1355

All Star
Iman Shumpert had been in trade talks lately and I want to provide you guys with an update on the situation and why we should consider trading Shump for the right deal.

Chris Sheridan wrote an article that had recent reports of Shumpert's camp and maybe even his agent, Happy Walters, pissed off about how the Knicks have developed Shumpert and his recent position as a SF that doesn't ball handle much
.....?There are major concerns (from people close to Shumpert) over how the Knicks are developing him,? a source from another team told SheridanHoops.com, speaking on the condition of anonymity.?They feel he?s being played out of position (at small forward) and his confidence is suffering because of it. They understand the team is having success and it has to be the right deal, but they?d prefer Iman in another situation? And soon.?

Moke Hamilton had a nice article on why the Knicks should consider trading Shumpert. First off, Moke mentioned how Knick fans have hailed "future" players such as Danillo Gallinari that never wound up being all stars or franchise changing players.Second, the Knicks want to win a championship soon and Shumpert is not the defensive force we hoped we would be this season and even with him, we will have a tough time beating the Heat and Bulls in the playoffs. Moke also mentioned how many one dimensional players the Knicks have right now, Ronnie Brewer, Steve Novak, Shumpert, etc.

Moke mentioned a trade that I would consider:

Iman Shumpert and Steve Novak
for Jared Dudley, Sebastian Telfair, and a 1st round pick.

Here are the facts that are becoming evident. Shumpert is our only trade chip and he might not even produce the way we hoped because of his injury. Novak spreads the floor but all a team has to do is put their PG on him and he still won't put up shots (I've seen it). Novak is a fan favorite but he is getting paid 4 mil a year and he can be completely useless and is not the same player as last season. Novak cashed in on a season where he was never scouted and jumped on the scene.

Dudley is a two way player that destroyed us last time we faced him. He is a career 40 % 3 point shooter and can play good defense. He can play the wing at the 2 or 3 and is 6'8. Dudley is only getting paid 4 million and he will be so much more useful than Steve Novak. Sebastian Telfair is a type of guard we need. We need a quick young PG to penetrate the lane and spell Felton when the team is running slow and not penetrating. Telfair is a NY product that has always had nice games at MSG. And right now if you trust Kidd as a backup PG then you need your eyes checked. Kidd has now become a shooting guard and Pablo Prigioni is nice but he never drives and has no speed.

The icing on the cake is a 1st round pick that would most likely be a lottery pick since the Suns are playing poorly this season. We already have a 1st round pick so we would have either two this off season or a pick for the following season which we lost in the Melo trade.

Will this happen? Why or why not?

metrocard

Legend
Telfair isn't really great at anything and is a guy who hasn't improved since his sophomore season.

Shumpert >>>>>>>> Telfair

Novak <<<< Dudley

Dudley is a good defender and can hit the 3, but I don't know if it's worth giving up Shumpert.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Shumpert came back from tearing his ACL recently. Is his development supposed to have already skyrocketed if he was playing mainly SG?

Dudley is good and I would love him on the Knicks, but not at the cost of Shumpert. Shumpert will soon be better than Wade on both ends of the court and Novak gives the Knicks a better dynamic.

I doubt they make this trade. Doesn't make sense.

tiger0330

Legend
Bunch of BS. But if the Suns are willing to part with their lottery pick and Dudley you have to listen.

UPDATE: Shumpert's agent read the item from Sheridan and he says it is not accurate.

Happy Walters tweeted: "For the record, no one has requested an Iman trade from the Knicks. The report from Chris Sheridan is incorrect. Sheridan needs to check facts before reporting. As Iman's agent, you would think I would get a call fact checking a report. Really?"

New New York

Quiet Storm
Shump is my favorite player (not jumping ship like some have already) and would hate to part with that type of young talent

here is why I would consider this move an it has nothing to do with Shump's production thus far

1.cutting Novak

2. Draft Pick

Novak benefited from us not wanting to lose both Lin and He (two most popular guys on team last year) w no return...his deal is a little steep and bleeds into the year we have a ton of cap and there possibly being a solid FA class ...point 2 is that pick won't be a lottery but will be mid 1st giving us 2 this year! We have done as good in the past 2 drafts as I can ever remember can we have another solid draft? Young talent and cap combined with a big market is a nice combo...Telfair is a nice insurance policy...we lack penetrating PG's beyond Ray so he would be a nice backup...although he has little if no playoff experience in 8 years so how much does he give a team trying to make a deep run?