Amare/Shumpert for J-Smoove/ZaZa?

metrocard

Legend
[FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]via Alex Kennedy [/FONT]
Strangest rumor I've heard: Amar'e Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert for Josh Smith and a filler such as Zaza Pachulia. http://tinyurl.com/bxro94g

knicksince 93

Rotation player
That's a no-brainer... Make it happen. I love stat but if that can be done make it happen

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

metrocard

Legend
Knicks
Felton/Prigioni
Kidd/Smith/White
Anthony/Novak/Brewer
Smith/Camby/Thomas
Chandler/Pachulia/Wallace

Hawks
Teague/Harris/Pargo
Shumpert/Williams/Jenkins
Korver/Stevenson/Morrow
Horford/Johnson/Scott
Stoudimire/Petro

petescud

Starter
Knicks would be doing this to free up STAT's contract which runs 2 years longer then Josh's...I'd do this trade, especially if the throw in is a decent player.....STAT could fall apart with his knees next week and Shump is a project....i'd also consider Danny Granger from Indy using Shump or STAT as the main piece

bigapple

Starter
there will be no trades but this summer will be strong for few players

i dont know if i am wrong bu CP3 will be FA this year?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Hm... what about no? I'm getting tired of these rumors. I'm willing to bet a couple of bucks we won't be doing any moves involving any of our major players as the deadline passes.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Even the Hawks can't be that crazy. Amare contract is an albatross, the GM crazy enough to take Amare off Knicks hands would ensure his own firing in the near future.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
........and this trade would eventually put you guys over the hump to beat miami in the post season?

and only a hand full of guys in this league should get a max contract and above and he's not one of them.

metrocard

Legend
........and this trade would eventually put you guys over the hump to beat miami in the post season?

and only a hand full of guys in this league should get a max contract and above and he's not one of them.

We could beat Miami in the playoffs with the team we have now, their bench stinks and LeBron's passiveness can be exposed...their defense isn't what it was last year.

Pacers and Bulls are the Knicks weakness, Miami isn't a concern you flip flop wearing dork.

and Josh Smith is underrated, this guy does everything on the floor except shoot.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
We could beat Miami in the playoffs with the team we have now, their bench stinks and LeBron's passiveness can be exposed...their defense isn't what it was last year.

Pacers and Bulls are the Knicks weakness, Miami isn't a concern you flip flop wearing dork.

and Josh Smith is underrated, this guy does everything on the floor except shoot.

Their bench was not all that good either last year. The addition of Allen only helps if you ask me.
Pacers and Bulls are a threat because of their defensive abilities but struggle on offense. Miami beat Indy with out Bosh last year. Bulls are the same way. Even with a 100% Rose they couldnt beat Miami. At the end of the day the power of Wade and James, and the added effort of others will defeat those teams.

Now with the knicks, if the knicks were the same team they were in Nov/Dec and Miami was playing lack luster, then yeah I can agree but the Knicks have declined in every category defensively since the end of December. They're last in assist which means there is more iso ball and team ball. Playing like that is no threat to Miami. The only legitimate defensive threat is Tyson and when he is on the bench it's basically a lay up line. (Clippers game prime example). No hard feelings tho. I am just talking basketball

and cute flip flop joke at the end too bro :peace:

metrocard

Legend
Heat bench is still weak even with Ray Allen, Cole is one of the worst back up PG's in the NBA and with the trade rumors going on, Heat are trying to get DJ Augustin from the Pacers who has regressed but I still believe his skill set makes him a valuable asset.

Heat haven't done anything this year to solidly themselves as a scary team, the only person scary on their team is LeBron who's having the best season I ever seen anyone have in my life.

and the Bulls and Pacers are improved teams this year, especially defensively.

Heat are 0-2 very the Pacers year, scored 77 and 89 points each game. Pacers can easily shut down Miami in the playoffs and Miami should be concerned because Pacers are a team who have been creeping the last 3 years and are emerging as an elite defensive squad, the best in the NBA right now and that's without Granger.

Heat also haven't beat Chicago this season.

I don't see the Heat or Knicks beating Chitown or Indie in a 7 game series.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Heat bench is still weak even with Ray Allen, Cole is one of the worst back up PG's in the NBA and with the trade rumors going on, Heat are trying to get DJ Augustin from the Pacers who has regressed but I still believe his skill set makes him a valuable asset.

Heat haven't done anything this year to solidly themselves as a scary team, the only person scary on their team is LeBron who's having the best season I ever seen anyone have in my life.

Heat are 0-2 very the Pacers year, scored 77 and 89 points each game. Pacers can easily shut down Miami in the playoffs and Miami should be concerned because Pacers are a team who have been creeping the last 3 years and are emerging as an elite defensive squad, the best in the NBA right now and that's without Granger.

Heat bench isnt the best but theyll make shots when needed.
Miami lost the season series vs the bulls and celtics the last 2 years and beat boston both years and chicago the first year in the post season. Again, Miami is all about April, May and June Now you really think a Roseless Bulls team can beat the Heat 4 times in a series? Same with Indy? I don't see the Knicks beating any of those teams but Miami, surely. Miami's defense took a slight hit because their offense was pumped up. They're number 1 in offensive efficiency, and ranked 9th in opponents FG%. So for a team that is top 10 in defense and 1 in offense, I like their odds.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Beat the Heat....How about No.

Teams who don't play D, don't make adjustments and live and die bye jumpers don't win titles.

Simple when Chips are down Heat can lock down any team in the League, they're that damn good. Reminds me of back in the 90's when year in and year out we deluded ourselves into thinking Ewing and co. were finally good enough to topple MJ's Bulls.

The only team that has the smarts and discipline to potentially challenge the Heat this Spring are the Spurs, although it remains to be seen if they can get out of the dog eat dog Western conference.

Forget Heat, decent season for NYK would be getting out of the first round, successful season would be anything beyond the second round.

smokes

Huge Member

Norris Cole being a bad backup PG is kinda irrelevant considering Miami has either James or Wade on the floor for pretty much 48 minutes unless it's garbage time.

Miami tore Chicago a new one today and I don't see Rose's return if it even happens greatly helping their offense. The Bulls only have 1 or 2 players on their team who are good jumpshooters and even those guys are streaky and prone to throwing up bricks frequently.

Both Chicago and Indiana certainly have a chance to beat the Heat (a much better chance than us) but the Heat have the huge upper hand imo that they've been to the finals twice and won it now, the monkey is off the back, postseason confidence will be high and they are unlikely to crumble mentally, we've seen that happen to Chicago in recent years ie when they lost to Boston in the first round despite playing a much better series, Boston just had that veteran experience and had Pierce and Ray Allen to hit jumpshots down the stretch of games.

With Indiana it's most likely going to come down to whether Paul George can maintain his swag in the offseason, the dude is definitely becoming elite but does he have the mental toughness to play at that level against the best teams in crunch time? He might be a year or two away from that at this stage in his career.