biggest problem with knicks is that they don't compete

erivera

Benchwarmer
my biggest problem with the knicks is their apparent lack of desire most nights. too often they quit in games. losing 5 games wire to wire is embarrassing. i wish this team had some heart, but they don't. i have no clue what's happened to tyson chandler, but he's been a huge problem this year. all the flashy alley-oops are nice, but too often he watches guys dunking the basketball. combine chandler's awful year with the lack of desire by these guards to guard anybody, and it's led to what's happening now. if you want to see whay the knicks lost against the pacers last night just watch the efforts of this team to get over screens. there was almost not effort to get around screens.

i don't think they're as bad as they played last night, but this season will get real ugly if they continue to play with no heart. if they competed every so often maybe some of these 110-90 losses could turn into 90-87 wins, but they don't.

petescud

Starter
yeah, i can't remember the last game we made a come from behind and won. bet its been a month. The really good teams do that often. How many times have you seen the Spurs, Nets, OKC etc do this...quite a few i bet...we need change. I also don't think Woody is as good as some of you guys think. He never makes adjustments during the games. The way it looks we won't be in the EC Finals this year unless we make an amazing trade and Woody staightens up

LeFlume

All Star
I agree. We used to play with more intensity. We never gave up. We could climb back from down 25. Now we throw in the towel if we're down by 10. :boohoo:

MadJack

Benchwarmer
yeah, i can't remember the last game we made a come from behind and won. bet its been a month. The really good teams do that often. How many times have you seen the Spurs, Nets, OKC etc do this...quite a few i bet...we need change. I also don't think Woody is as good as some of you guys think. He never makes adjustments during the games. The way it looks we won't be in the EC Finals this year unless we make an amazing trade and Woody staightens up

Oddly enough, the Sacramento game that we blew them out, and were up by 50 at one point, was a comeback win. Our amazing starting lineup was down 18-6 to start the game.

bigapple

Starter
look @ both Spurs games vs Lakers game hawks Nets those games was vs above 0.500 and we saw competing.

erivera

Benchwarmer
look @ both Spurs games vs Lakers game hawks Nets those games was vs above 0.500 and we saw competing.

the difference with the knicks and other teams it seems is that they tend to get lazy. instead of playing hard every night they choose when they want to play hard. come playoff time im sure they won't take games off, but during the regular season it could cost them playoff seeding.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
the difference with the knicks and other teams it seems is that they tend to get lazy. instead of playing hard every night they choose when they want to play hard. come playoff time im sure they won't take games off, but during the regular season it could cost them playoff seeding.

Unless you have watched those other teams play on a daily basis like the Knicks you can't really say if those teams are lazy or not. All teams look lazy and disinterested when they lose. Look at the Pacers they 10-11 to start the season and have played well since then. Even the Nets have had their highs and lows during the season. I think what happened is the Knicks played so well to start that we wanted to lump them with teams like the Heat, OKC, and Spurs. They are not as good as how they started and they are not at as bad as they are playing right now.

Funny up until the last 3 games the Knicks had won 9 of 12.

Last edited:

erivera

Benchwarmer
when i talk about the knicks getting lazy it's games like last night that make my point. if you have any desire to be a really good team, you shouldn't be losing by 34. i understand if they're off, but they gave up 125 points. the defensive effort is normally what tells what type of effort they're giving. we all know a lot of guys like to score, but do they want to get some stops. that game last night was a dunk contest. i feel pretty confident in saying these other teams wouldn't let themselves be clowned as many times as the knicks have been this year.

bigapple

Starter
dump shot selection too many shot clock violation. Look @ Bron he is receiving ball and quick decision pass or shot or drive . Felton Melo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaalin baaaaaalin and missing ............. or Offensive rebound by Tyson.

Kiyaman

Legend
dump shot selection too many shot clock violation. Look @ Bron he is receiving ball and quick decision pass or shot or drive . Felton Melo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaalin baaaaaalin and missing ............. or Offensive rebound by Tyson.

:agreed:
Tha's jus one of our Top-3 flaws, the other two lies in our non-existent defense & non-substitution

bigapple

Starter
Lakers r better without Gasol Celtics without rondo so Knicks can be better without STAT/Shump fans were w8ing for them but stats r tellin all no improvment.