Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenyon Martin is a Knick.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Kenyon Martin is a Knick.

@SpearsNBAYahoo

Knicks have agreed to sign veteran forward Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Did not give the pundits too much time to speculate as to who the Knicks would add to the open spot with Brewer's trade. Major help if he can give us 15-20 minutes.

Can't complain. Let's see how it goes.

this dude must be in S5 after 10 days this team dont have any other option. Hes D is extreme he can dunk but he is also same as Stat as frustration

Veteran

We'll see but no team including the Lakers with big man injury problems thought this former all star could help them.

WOW!!! He should've just signed in October!!!

still glad we got him rumor was Mia had ininterest...but doesn't Woody have players inactive coming off injuries longer than 10 days? so isn't it just assumed no matter what he gets a 2nd 10 day?

low risk high reward at this point...ideally he can get Melo back to 3 spot and Shump back at 2 w/ him being the starting 4 and Stat still backing up...worst case he is out of shape and we cut him...

Originally Posted by New New York
    WOW!!! He should've just signed in October!!!

worst case he is out of shape and we cut him...
    No one knows that this team after surprizing start 18-6 will go 14-16 after

whos in shape right now in this team.

Superstar

K Mart has never had a problem being in shape. He had to know someone would pick him up at some point, chances are he'll be ready to go.

Awesome!!!

Poor shooting notwithstanding, I think Brewer still should have been getting some minutes, that said, it was clear he wasn't going to be getting minutes, so this is a wise move in my opinion. Martin beefs up frontcourt and gives us some toughness, which I would call into question sadly, when teams are physical and mouth off we tend to wilt, Martin gives us a dickhead to fire back with. In theory it's a good signing, yet somewhere Beetlejuice (Tim Thomas) is screaming "Fugazy!"

Veteran

Kenyon Martin was a Super-Star / All-Star / and Team-Leader with consecutive visits to the FINALS .. until he became teammates with Carmelo Anthony and couldnt get pass the first round of the playoff.
    sound familiar (Billups & Iverson)

Putting Kidd back with Marion won Dallas a Championship.
    Putting Kidd back with Kenyon Martin is an ideal leadership for a winning team.
    Putting Kenyon Martin back with Melo is a 10 day contract .. did we give JR a 10 day contract?

Superstar

Kiya's right let's trade Melo and Jr and build around Kidd and Martin

Veteran

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Kiya's right let's trade Melo and Jr and build around Kidd and Martin
    Hushup .. we have Melo for the long-hall, just like Marbury contract (Isiah's goldenboy, now Dolan's goldenboy)
    Im goin to bash Melo untill the day Melo get us to the EC-FINALS .. which dont look to be the 2012-13 season, when Amare/Camby/and Sheed showed very little interest in building Melo's fame this season.

So u could by passs my post / threads .. or repy to my post with some convincing facts on Melo getting his teammates to take him to the 2nd round.
    Thats what I want to read, convince me .. make me happy

Veteran

Originally Posted by WNY_Knickfan
    Poor shooting notwithstanding, I think Brewer still should have been getting some minutes, that said, it was clear he wasn't going to be getting minutes, so this is a wise move in my opinion. Martin beefs up frontcourt and gives us some toughness, which I would call into question sadly, when teams are physical and mouth off we tend to wilt, Martin gives us a dickhead to fire back with. In theory it's a good signing, yet somewhere Beetlejuice (Tim Thomas) is screaming "Fugazy!"

I liked Brewer he gave us multi-positional defense, plus Brewer knows his role in a series (Sloan & Thib), it was OKC that traded for him
    Toughness plays a big part in a winning season, and a winning series. We sign Sheed for toughness, and now we sign Kenyon Martin toughness .... for 10 daze

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I liked Brewer he gave us multi-positional defense, plus Brewer knows his role in a series (Sloan & Thib), it was OKC that traded for him
    Toughness plays a big part in a winning season, and a winning series. We sign Sheed for toughness, and now we sign Kenyon Martin toughness .... for 10 daze
    i don't think the knicks brought in kenyon martin to be a 10 day player. unless he's completely out of shape he'll be here. chris andersen was signed to two 10 day contracts before the heat kept him for the rest of the season. if the knicks were only going to sign a guy for 10 days why not sign henry sims?