Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenyon Martin is a Knick.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I liked Brewer he gave us multi-positional defense, plus Brewer knows his role in a series (Sloan & Thib), it was OKC that traded for him
    Toughness plays a big part in a winning season, and a winning series. We sign Sheed for toughness, and now we sign Kenyon Martin toughness .... for 10 daze
    This was a horrible move for several reasons.

1. We lost 1 of 3 defenders we had
    2. K-Mart will now disrupt what little chemistry we had

which means coaches claimed priority of defense looks hollow and he missed the fact that at the least we played defense with Brewer in the line up... at the vet min nonetheless. We could have jettisoned someone else who produced less than Brewer to make room for K-Mart (who we probably could have had at the beginning of the year).

Our only hope hinges on K Mart/Sheet/Gumby/ and KT somehow stay healthy and contribute on a grand scale, while we learn to play inside out. Objectively speaking... that is almost impossible given what we've seen.

Should have just cut Copeland and signed Martin, kept Brewer for depth and insurance

Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
    Shumpert/Smith
    Anthony/Brewer/Novak
    Stoudemire/Martin
    Chandler/Camby/Wallace

White and KT on the IR

Originally Posted by CA7
    Should have just cut Copeland and signed Martin, kept Brewer for depth and insurance

Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
    Shumpert/Smith
    Anthony/Brewer/Novak
    Stoudemire/Martin
    Chandler/Camby/Wallace

White and KT on the IR
    Exactly. 100% agreed. At least Brew can defend. White is useless, and it baffles me why we did not trade him. But at the end of the day, Brew is the only out-of-rotation guy with value, I guess.

The Thunder scooping him up shows how much of a key piece he can be for a contending team. I hope K-Mart can give us that boost defensively. I just don't know what happens if ever JR or Shump gets injured. Who plays SG then? *knocks on wood*

Veteran

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Exactly. 100% agreed. At least Brew can defend. White is useless, and it baffles me why we did not trade him. But at the end of the day, Brew is the only out-of-rotation guy with value, I guess.

The Thunder scooping him up shows how much of a key piece he can be for a contending team. I hope K-Mart can give us that boost defensively. I just don't know what happens if ever JR or Shump gets injured. Who plays SG then? *knocks on wood*

Copeland & Novak are decent role-playing SF to use when Woody gain some sense and decrease Melo playingtime down to 32 minutes per-game so these two bench-players could gell with the rotation as SF.
    Brewer played an important role in our rotation as a multi-positional defensive player during our 18-5 run.
    Why Brewer munites decrease to DNP the week of Felton's injury where we had to give a 39 year old Kidd 35 minutes per-game for 4 to 6 weeks is unknown to me. But the DNP to Brewer put the media on Shump to rush his return which I felt Shump was not ready mentally, physically, and spiritually for such an early return.

As for our frontcourt bigmen substitution this season was to crazy to believe ....
    Sheed being Tyson's backup ....
    Camby starting with Tyson ....
    Kurt getting 3 minutes spot time here n there then DNP the next two games ....
    Amare coming off the bench, and not allowed any playingtime the final 8 minutes of each game ....
    Melo wanting to play PF for 41 minutes per-game ....

This will be an interesting 10 days with Kenyon Martin, a PF who should get all his playingtime in a lineup with Kidd his first 3 to 4 games to feel out the rotation of players, which wont happen bc Woody is still looking for the unimaginal-piece to fit into the poorest defensive lineup in the NBA "Tyson/Melo/JR/Felton" ....

When Camby return I was waiting to see a lineup with "Camby & Kurt" with Melo .. never happen.
    I also was waiting to see a lineup of "Camby & Amare" with Copeland, Kidd, and Prig .. never happen.

lets not forget that with the nets and jkidd kmart was great. once kidd was no longer in the picture he struggled. that was years ago though. lets also not forget that while in denver JR Smith filled his car with popcorn as an april fools prank, kmart was apparently irate. not sure those two like each other.

anyway this team should change name to New York Nuggets just missing NENE Gallinari should replace Stat

and their best PG Lawson

Veteran

I see they signed KMart to a 2nd 10 day after one 5 minute appearance and putting up zero stats in that 5 minutes. Why didn't we sign Amundson instead???

Kmart playing some minutes tonight.
    No Points but playing well.
    Almost looks like Woodson told him not to shoot.

Superstar

I think we have the 2008 Denver Nuggets Starting Lineup almost. I actually don't see how this move will hurt for depth. He played decently so far.