GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Don't expect to see*Amar'e Stoudemire
in the starting lineup anytime soon.

Mike Woodson made it clear in two separate interviews on Monday that he expects Stoudemire's role to remain the same, which means Stoudemire will continue to come off the bench.

The "Start STAT!" issue has come up in recent days because the Knicks' starting five has struggled for the past few weeks. So some media and fans have suggested that Woodson insert Stoudemire into the lineup.

Woodson recognizes that his starting lineup could use a spark. But he doesn't see Stoudemire as a solution to the problem.

"It's nice to start a game and jump on teams (early) ... but that hasn't been our M-O for the last month or so. Starting STAT, I'm not sure that is the answer," Woodson said Monday in an interview on ESPN New York 98.7 FM's "The Stephen A. Smith & Ryan Ruocco Show." "I think he's very comfortable with where he is right now, I'm comfortable where he is in terms of coming off (the bench)."

Stoudemire has been coming off of the Knicks' bench since returning from offseason knee surgery on January 1.

And he's thrived in the role.

Stoudemire scored 22 points in 22 minutes in the Knicks' win over Philly on Sunday.

On the season, he's averaging 13.7 points and five rebounds in 22.8 minutes. He's also shooting 57 percent from the floor.

That he's done so while coming off of the bench has been a big storyline surrounding the team for several reasons. Here are two: Stoudemire had been a starter for his first ten years in the NBA and he's in the third year of a $100 million contract.
Woodson has already lost points in my book for his lack of defensive strategy. He is now f*cking with my patience. We are .500 in our last 30 games- 2 months- after a great start and I see no real viable solutions not to mention how disingenuous he appears after planning to start STAT at the beginning of the season.

If and or when we get eliminated I will be looking back at these type of stubborn decisions, considering the lack of ingenuity, and more than likely conclude this coach was all talk no action. And that's sad because not only am I one of his supporters but that increases the odds of our team being all talk, no action.smh

Btw- I don't need to understand his thinking; in fact he needs to understand mine. I've seen small-ball; no-defense;, 3 point happy; poor rebounding; poorly motivated teams for too long not to recognize what I'm seeing... and they lost.

Woodson... start STAT (by sitting Kidd) or else. Before someone (like kidd) gets hurt by you being stubborn and overplaying players out-of-position.

Are you Woodson or D'Antoni? The uncanny similarities.