rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

matchup.jpg

starters.jpg

phi.jpg

Last edited:
Nice emergency thread. If there is a starting 5 that looks less cohesive than ours at this point in the season, I'd be shocked. I just hope time is what they need, because Woodson seems intent to ride it out. Shump continues to show he's not doing enough right now to play even halfway through the 1st quarter. Depressing.

Let's go Knicks!

Heck yeah, Amare spin move and dunk! Of course, we screw it all up by not getting back on D and giving up immediate free throws down the other end. SMH.

Number3

Benchwarmer
This is where Woodson effs it up.. Seriously? Sixers catching up because u have stat,melo,novak,jr,felton...really?u expect defense n rebounding like that

wow this place is dead!!

Yeah, I got bored talking to myself in the 1st quarter. In defense of the forum, it was a Sunday night, hopefully Wednesday against the Warriors will be better. Any which way, nice win for us. I'm starting to think it's time to bump Shump and put Amare back in the starting 5. He has been playing big time ball in my mind lately.

Let's go Knicks!

skisloper

Starter

when the Knicks have a stagnant offense and you have a guy like prigioni who has 5 assists in 12 minutes compared to FELTONS 4 it tells you that our starting PG is not taking charge,,,,,,,,Prigioni should be getting 18 minutes a game....the better he does the less woodson plays him....

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Look i'm glad we won but I wasn't happy about this game at all.

Explain how Amar'e is killin it then picks up his 5th foul at the beginning of the 4th and you never put him back in? Let the man foul out if anything. Phili couldn't stop him AT ALL. When he came out they came back cause we started throwing up jumpshots left and right. We could of won this game by more if Woodson managed it differently.

Amar'e 9/10 from the field and comes out with around 9 min left in the game never to be seen again?

Last edited:

CoolClyde

i'll take the win. Knicks played tougher than we've seen in ages, perhaps the presence
of Kenyon Martin on the bench helped their psyche?

JR Smith with some key 3's really put this game away, but Knicks almost fell back
into a loss by allowing Jew Holiday and Evan Turner into the lane, those 2 were
scoring at will it seemed. How do the Knicks allow so many points in the paint?
I thought Shump would bring a defensive presence into the paint and the perimeter,
but he's pulling a Brewer, hardly showing up, not scoring, not starting 5 material.

STAT on the other hand, shows he belongs in the starting 5. what a great game.
it looks like he's back to his former self, as opposed to Shump, who is a shadow
of his pre-injury self. this is the second game STAT has hit almost all his shots,
defended OK, rebounded well, and makes things happen.

I think Wood Son is looking at the Knicks overall record, being atop the Atlantic
conference, not wanting to change things. But Jason Kidd is stinking up the
starting five. he cannot hit a three to save his big-headed kid's life!

I cringe whenever I see him and Feltip or JR passing the ball back and forth
on the perimeter, afraid to take a three, and almost losing the ball or watching
the 24 second clock tick away. at least JR took charge last night and shot and
hit in clutch situations.

Alan "Me So" Hahny reiterated a post-game observance. Feltip needs to take
charge and drive and flip the ball out to Melo IN THE FLOW OF THE GAME.
not just give the ball to Melo and have the whole team watch his iso-Melo.
same with Jr. Melo is enough of a scorer where he can get his points in the
flow, and not need the iso half the game. even if Feltip misses, there's a
good chance Chandler or Melo or STAT will get the rebound. this is how
Knicks were winning at beginning of year. Feltip driving and thriving.
Melo passing and defending.

anyway, it was good to see the Knicks running on all cylinders for most
of the game, and some clutch Junior Swish moments.

It's time for Wood Son to change the starting five and put STAT in his
rightful place. He already has JR on the bench to fortify, how many of the
Knicks best players need to be on the bench to pick up the starting 5?
c'mon Son!

I believe in this team, it's all about effort.

Kiyaman

Legend
when the Knicks have a stagnant offense and you have a guy like prigioni who has 5 assists in 12 minutes compared to FELTONS 4 it tells you that our starting PG is not taking charge,,,,,,,,Prigioni should be getting 18 minutes a game....the better he does the less woodson plays him....

:agreed:
Woodson is afraid of our bench players showing up to beat a mediocre 76ers team .. we were up by 20 points in this game, and Woodson refuse to give Copeland, K-Mart, and Prig a shot at some playingtime together .. this is why I call Woody's rotation a 6+ man, or the 7+man rotation Woody rotated in this game.

it's bad when u see Felton & Melo play all of the 1st-quarter, plus more than half of the 2nd-quarter,
especially when we have a decent deep-depth on our bench (without any starters in the lineup) that could actualy outscore a 76ers team for 10 straight minutes.

Our starters chemistry has been so bad other game announcers (lastnight) mention we have the players to change our starters .. WTF is up with Woody? G.M Grunwald gave him a 9+man rotation team for the regular season (with plenty old-heads to help) .. our bench-players need long minutes of playingtime now in the midseason, so the 2nd quarter minutes belong to 5 or 6 of our bench-players, by bringing Kidd & Shump off the bench with Amare, Copeland, and Prig. JR & Novak belong in this midseason starting-lineup.

Any decent transition team will get a 30 point lead on this new 76ers roster, and thats from watchin 10 of their games this season

Kiyaman

Legend
JR Smith with some key 3's really put this game away, but Knicks almost fell back
into a loss by allowing Jew Holiday and Evan Turner into the lane, those 2 were
scoring at will it seemed. How do the Knicks allow so many points in the paint?
I thought Shump would bring a defensive presence into the paint and the perimeter,
but he's pulling a Brewer, hardly showing up, not scoring, not starting 5 material.

STAT on the other hand, shows he belongs in the starting 5. what a great game.
it looks like he's back to his former self, as opposed to Shump, who is a shadow
of his pre-injury self. this is the second game STAT has hit almost all his shots,
defended OK, rebounded well, and makes things happen.

A tired Tyson, tired Melo, tired JR, and tired Felton NEEDED for JR to hit those 3's for the win LOL

From tip-off the 76ers showed no sign of wanting the win, the Knicks tired players energized the 76ers to want the win.
There was no reason in this game for Tyson, Melo, JR, and Felton to receive 35 minutes of playingtime to a team that never showed a threat.

Prig defense stop the 76ers guards & fowards from dribbling inside to score when a tired Felton went limping to the lockerroom. Stat comin off the bench is a great strategy .. it would be nice to see Prig/Shump/Copeland/Stat in a steady lineup