Remaining schedule - where do we end up?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
As you probably know our schedule is about to get really tough. Where do you think will the Knicks end up? What record seems realistic?

February
Wed 27 v Golden State

March
Fri 01 @ Washington
Sun 03 vs Miami
Mon 04 @ Cleveland
Wed 06 @ Detroit
Thu 07 vs Oklahoma City
Sat 09 vs Utah
Mon 11 @ Golden State
Wed 13 @ Denver
Thu 14 @ Portland
Sun 17 @ LA Clippers
Mon 18 @ Utah
Wed 20 vs Orlando
Fri 22 @ Toronto
Sat 23 vs Toronto
Tue 26 @ Boston
Wed 27 vs Memphis
Fri 29 vs Charlotte
Sun 31 vs Boston

April
Tue 02 @ Miami
Wed 03 @ Atlanta
Fri 05 vs Milwaukee
Sun 07 @ Oklahoma City
Tue 09 vs Washington
Thu 11 @ Chicago
Fri 12 @ Cleveland
Sun 14 vs Indiana
Mon 15 @ Charlotte
Wed 17 vs Atlanta

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Best case scenario- #2 seed in the East.

I just don't see us catching up to Miami @ this point unless we go on a major winning streak (12-15 game W-streak), which is unlikely with the way the team is playing right now. i just hope that when the Playoffs start, everybody will be healthy and at the top of their game. For the last two years, the Knicks have been bitten by the injury bug for far too many important players (Tyson with the flu, Amar'e with the fire extinguisher, Shump's torn ACL, even Billups' unfortunate knee injury).

Call me crazy, but maybe a 2nd round battle with MIA will be better for us. I mean, for one thing, we'll have to face them sooner or later, why not do it when our players have much fresher legs and hopefully momentum from winning the previous series. We have a collection of old (Queen Elizabeth old) players on the roster and keeping them fresh will be vital to slaying the three-headed monster that is Miami.

EDIT: What's with the change of name, DZ? :beer:

Last edited:

uber

Benchwarmer
Miami is untouchable and the Pacers look strong too know. The way we are playing (i mean, we couldn't even beat the freaking Raptors) i don't see us getting a better seed than the third.

MadJack

Benchwarmer
There are about 16-18 games that we should win. That would put us at 48 wins, which is way below where they should be.

bigapple

Starter
that games can be major factor where this team really is

Mon 11 @ Golden State
Wed 13 @ Denver
Thu 14 @ Portland
Sun 17 @ LA Clippers
Mon 18 @ Utah

but for now wednesday GSW team that 1st stunned heat @ their own floor but then was blew by heat @ home floor
stopped Spurs streak so this team is really unpredictable but tuesday they will be in Indiana & who knows who will win that game

Wizards with John wall or with running John Wall need K-Mart for this game.

vs Heat @ ESPN they r now out of Knicks range 10 game winning streak Knicks will not win but i dont wana 25 pts lose.

bigapple

Starter
Best case scenario- #2 seed in the East.

I just don't see us catching up to Miami @ this point unless we go on a major winning streak (12-15 game W-streak), which is unlikely with the way the team is playing right now. i just hope that when the Playoffs start, everybody will be healthy and at the top of their game. For the last two years, the Knicks have been bitten by the injury bug for far too many important players (Tyson with the flu, Amar'e with the fire extinguisher, Shump's torn ACL, even Billups' unfortunate knee injury).

Call me crazy, but maybe a 2nd round battle with MIA will be better for us. I mean, for one thing, we'll have to face them sooner or later, why not do it when our players have much fresher legs and hopefully momentum from winning the previous series. We have a collection of old (Queen Elizabeth old) players on the roster and keeping them fresh will be vital to slaying the three-headed monster that is Miami.

EDIT: What's with the change of name, DZ? :beer:

Stop thinkin bout Miamia and look @ Bulls and Pacers 0-3 vs Bulls 0-2 vs Pacers [dont count that 1 win @ MSG]

and look what OKC done to Bulls they simply devasted them under 30% scoring this proof who is on top.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
6TH in the East.

Can't excel as long as we have a coach who refuses to make the most obvious of adjustments.

Take Raptors game, lost in the 3rd Q as Woodson refused to pull Melo from guarding Rudy Gay. Head into 4TH down by nine, lose game by two. Also hurts to have yes men such as Herb and D. Walker as assistants.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Stop thinkin bout Miamia and look @ Bulls and Pacers 0-3 vs Bulls 0-2 vs Pacers [dont count that 1 win @ MSG]

and look what OKC done to Bulls they simply devasted them under 30% scoring this proof who is on top.

You have a point, they're probably a lock for that #1 seed unless LeBron gets injured. Time for the Knicks to focus on getting that #2 seed, or better yet, just get back to the way they played for the first 25 games of the season.

tiger0330

Legend
That's a pretty tough schedule, the Raptors and Wiz are playing much better so even those games are not gimme's. Hoping for the best but something has to change, maybe KMart can be the catalyst and give us 20-30 minutes.

Rob Low

Rotation player
There was brawl in the Indy vs GS game just now so hopefully there's some suspensions for tomorrow's game

Kiyaman

Legend
Whatever its worth

You have a point, they're probably a lock for that #1 seed unless LeBron gets injured. Time for the Knicks to focus on getting that #2 seed, or better yet, just get back to the way they played for the first 25 games of the season.

Damn! the Heat scored 141 points lastnight, Lebron scoring 40 points and handin out 16 dimes ....
Dont sleep on the Miami Heat gellin-chemistry as a team without Lebron .. D.Wade taking the back-seat to Lebron does not mean Wade & Riley CEO position change in the franchise .. a lot of peeps slept on the (Noah) Bulls without D.Rose.

Our Knicks are still capable of winning the Atlantic Division Title, Ive been a big-fan of Kenyon Martin leadership in Cincinatti taking no hostages in the NCAA. But to lose Ronnie Brewer backcourt tenacity going into a rough 30 game midseason stretch is costly, because 2nd season Shump is still rehab-ing his ACL injury, plus Shump & JR put together still does not have half of the postseason experience in a series as Ronnie Brewer have under coach Sloan & Thibs.

There's no reason why the Knicks whom have so much winning-experience in their roster can not WIN 18 or more out of the next 30 games.
We been performing like a .480 team lately, because certain Knicks players are receiving to much playingtime per game .. Im talking 5 to 8 minutes more time than their poor defensive service deserve.
We can start with Tyson Chandler, we need a 26 minute strong-rebounder and paint stopping defense from Tyson Chandler averaging 4 to 5 hard-fouls per game. When Tyson's on the court oponents inside scoring suppose to STOP.

1) What we dont need is a 35 minute Tyson trying to stay out of foul trouble on the court averaging 2 to 3 fouls per game letting oponents score at will inside the paint (Tyson peremeter defense is garbage!).
2) What we dont need is the losing Bobcats career 36 minute PG-Felton on the court averaging 14 pts, 6 ast, and 2 to 3 fouls per game letting oponents score (Felton's a 28 minute PG!).
3) What we dont need is a 38% fg shooter JR taking 15 shot attempts for 34 minutes per game letting oponents score at will on him while averaging 1 stl, and 2 fouls (JR is a 26 minute spot shooter).
4) What we dont need is a high-scoring Melo slowing down the game for 40 minutes to average 30 points on 42% fg shooting, and 2 to 3 fouls per game while oponents score at will on him (Melo has no talent or skills in an uptempo-game, making Melo a 32 minute scorer!).
Someone pass this on to coach Woodson, so we could win the Atlantic Division Title...

bigapple

Starter
dont forget K-mart as NJ Net was reason of Knicks destruction in playoffs 0-4 he was playing just like Zo so Kmart reminds me a bit bout Zo he can really play D.

petescud

Starter
I'm not going to dream of us staying at the 2nd spot especially since Indiana and the Nets are playing so well. I'm hoping we don't drop below 4th...Praying we make the 2nd round of playoffs and Melo catches fire

bigapple

Starter
currently 3rd sport means only one thing vs Bulls worst possible 1st round.Even when Knicks end 2 or 3 -4-5 it can be Hawks Bulls Celtics. Most funny Toronto is hitting into 8seed since trade Gay this team is totaly diffrent.

bigapple

Starter
and that was very easy to them in 4q they put whole S5 on bench and then it was 11-0 for Pacers. That means alot still How strong west is and Heat are only team that can compete.

31.03 best vs best Heat @ Spurs i hope POP will go full roster.

friday espn grizzlies @ heat grizzies won last few games vs heat BUT they r not without high fly Rudy.
Both teams on long streaks 8 and 12 so some1's streak will be ended.Anyway Heat loose will not change anything they are out of reach and they are hitting for 1st seed in the east 4 sure.

p0nder

Starter
i got us going 19-9 in the remainder. not sure where that will place us but if we come away doing that well then we should be in good shape for the first round.